youtube.com/watch?v=zMMIbQlY4ls
youtube.com/watch?v=zD6AWSVWdP4
youtube.com/watch?v=Vrn85L8LAWw
youtube.com/watch?v=QNn8la47kfg
youtube.com/watch?v=iY2zvS9y7YQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PNzZ0jqfBM0
youtu.be/FpAXT67GhNY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...

I just wanted to say that I appreciate these threads. I don't wear colognes or anything too often but I got a couple of samples in the mail right now and I'm excited to try them. The fragrance thread is consistently one of the most helpful places on Veeky Forums. Enjoy the rest of your day, anons.

Cute.
Honestly the only general i keep up with consistently

How much cologne do you guys put on and how do you know if you've put too much on?

I'm gonna cop some essential oils and alcohol from perfumers apprentice soon. Who has copped before? What should I avoid? And how many ml's should i buy of each oil to start off with?

2 max

if u fill a room with ur scent and people can smell it after you've left then it's too much

Assert your dominance over the weak

Post your most worn
Track your autism on Basenotes if you don't already

I start with three sprays and add more for weak fragrances. Assertive but not loud.

Are there any Fougeres that aren't shit?

'There are only two good fougeres, Jicky and Mouchoir de Monsieur- all the rest are for truck-drivers.' - Jean-Paul Guerlain

Is this stuff actually good, heard mixed reviews. 25$ for it

What is everybody wearing on Valentine's day?

Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte because I'm not going to see any girls and just want to smell clean.

If I had a date, I'd wear Aventus.

What's your best bad boy fragrance? Something to go with a biker jacket and cocky attitude. Preferably cold weather, any price.

CH men prive suits leather jacket perfectly but it's not a loud fragrance if that's what you're looking for and it might be a bit mature to be considered bad boy

What are some great shops in NYC to cop samples? Regardless of whether it's one brand's boutique or a store selling multiple brands.

2-5 sprays depending on frag/atomizer, most 3-4 sprays. By asking people.

Sup Bondbro. My top 10 hasn't changed much, so here's top 50 to make it interesting.

Love,

Kouros Guy

LYpH/TL

Sephora, Saks, Barney's, Aedes

nstperfume.com/perfume-shopping-in-new-york-city/

Does Nordstrom give out samples?

ya diptyque guy gave me 5 last time i was there, just ask

1 spray, distribute between wrists, neck and chest
all bout the subtlety

>smell fragrance sample from the outside
>smells really good, almost better than my favorite frag
>decide to put some on
>smells terrible

dammit

Got my Amouage Jubilation going. Love that stuff.

Can't really go out anyway because my neighborhood is currently on fire. True story.

Post a pic

Well, it's contained now, but the whole intersection is shut down. Google Toronto fire, you'll see it.

Love by Kilian

CH Prive is very sweet to me. I really don't get a leather jacket vibe at all. Only reason would be because Jeremy fragrance said it does.

Oh really? After the top fades it literally smells like a leather jacket in a bottle to me
It's weird not many people get the prominent leather like I do from it, makes me wonder if my bottle wasn't stored correctly or something

Not that user, but if you read frag forums/reviews enough you discover that people's noses are wildly different oftentimes. One person can say a note dominates a frag while another can barely detect it. In my case, I consider Guerlain Vetiver a tobacco scent, as for most of its progression on me that is the strongest note I get. I have an older ribbed bottle, but not everyone gets that from those.

Bought some samples during the last thread. Here are my opinions on them

>Hermes Eau Mandarine Ambree
This was the best of the bunch. It smells like dreamsicle, but more...elegant. I want to say there's a little spiciness to it, but I might just be imagining it. If a warm, creamy orange frag sounds good to you, definitely check this out.

>Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
I liked this more than I thought I would. I was afraid it would smell more boozy, like actual whiskey. Or the type of boozy in Kiste, which I don't like. Pretty nice. Strangely fresh.

>Chanel Allure Homme Sport
Not sure why this one gets high praise. Even compared to other designer fresh, "sport" frags, this was kind of underwhelming.

>Creed Millesime Imperial
It's a nice fruity frag, but that's about it. Not worth its price tag in my opinion.

>Acqua Di Parma Colonia Leather
If you can't get Tuscan Leather or Rasai La Yuqawam Homme, this is a good alternative. This has citrus rather than raspberry, but really, it just has a sweet leather smell that TL also has. Occasionally a little citrus will peek through.

>Tom Ford Plum Japonais
No thanks. I don't like plum and I don't like oud much, so I'm not sure why I even gave this a shot. Kind of has an old person incense perfume note in it.

Such classical and mature taste. Manly through and through. Since I'm too lazy to track down vintage bottles and also generally suspicious of their contents, which current formulations of classic scents can you recommend? The IFRA neutering of some old favorites (and reformulation in general) has made me suspicious of anything released prior to ~2010.

While I do own and enjoy all kinds of frags, including some marketed towards women, I guess my heart lies with men's powerhouses. And while I own many vintage bottles, I think I ended up paying about or actually less than retail value of the current versions in most cases. If I ever ran out of one and I were unable to find a vintage replacement for a non-ridiculous price, I think I'd be happy with the current versions of:

Antaeus
Fahrenheit
Havana

as they all smell close enough with minor, to me, differences. Now, my reference point for "current" is a few years ago. If there has been a reformulation of these in the last few years, I'm unaware.

Now for:

Kouros
Egoiste
Polo

I feel that my vintage bottles are superior enough to the current versions that I'd spend a little more (maybe 50% more) to get a vintage bottle. Luckily, I don't think I'll be running out of any of these any time soon. And frankly, I'd rather have the current versions than none at all.

And I have not smelled current versions of, so can't comment on:

Guerlain Vetiver
M7

Collection at the moment.

Middle of summer for me right now so I've enjoying wearing my citrus scents.

List:
Serge Luten - Fleurs d'Oranger
Parfum d'Empire - Yuzu Fou
Bvlgari - Aqua Amara
Crabtree & Evelyn - West Indian Lime
Galimard - Sportissimo
Galimard - 1747
Thierry Mugler - Pure Wood
Thierry Mugler - Mugler Cologne
Versace - Man Eau Fraiche
Van Cleef & Arpels - Midnight in Paris

Bump

>got a gift card worth £50 for tk maxx, they put up new fragrances every day
>had my eye on the website, today d the 1st time in 2 weeks they put up something I'd cop
>It's the EDT and not EDP
JUST

Link to site BTW, anything worth copping or should I hold out longer? tkmaxx.com/gifts/mens-fragrance grooming/icat/1621

Sorry for spam - I actually REALLY like the smell of armani code which they have in 75ml. But I'm afraid it might be a bit of a waste as they'll probably put something more interesting up in the future, should I just pull the trigger anyway?

just copped this
first fragrance (not counting samples)
blind buy
did i fuck up?

>did i fuck up?
Depends on if you like it or not. I like it a lot, but I'm not you.

I'm female, 19, I'm looking for a new scent for the spring. I wear more fruity/sweet scents. In the summer I usually wear tropical scents (my go to is coconut sunset from bath and bodyworks.) and i used pumpkin cupcake, also from b&b, all fall.

id say my price range is around $20 or less, and the only fragrance I really cant stand is really floral stuff.

Really depends on whether you like vetiver. You did fuck up a bit in case extreme was available and you went with sport instead, otherwise a good pick.

I normally buy blind because getting an accurate understanding of a scent is nearly impossible when you are surrounded with other perfumes etc. The last time I went out bottle sniffing my goal was to become familiar with the Dior Collection Privée and cop my favorite. After a full half hour of spraying mouilleuttes, none of the scents really stood out over the others. So I went with plan B and bought the one I would have copped blindly. Luckily for me Patchouli Imperial develops and dries down so nicely.

Look up citrusy scents and/or cedarwood himalayan basenotes.

Literally the best oud/rose scent ever

Nope.

Hello

I actually haven't smelled this so you could well be right, or rather, I may prefer it. Have a hard time believing Oud Ispahan can be topped though.

Benjoin 19 by Le Labo

I have the body lotion. It doesn't even smell like roses.

Also worth a mention - fantastic. Soft, dry oud that smells powdery by not in a makeup way.

To be fair I am and
have only smelled Oud Ispahan on paper that one time. Probably going to visit Le Labo Venice this week and finally get my nose on Rose 31 and the rest of their meme line.

I had the same experience as you the first time getting to try the Prive line - nothing really stood out to me except for Oud Ispahan which stood out far too much; it was the height of summer in the London, so about 30 centigrade and it was just too much. It's possibly been reformulated since then, but definitely warrants getting a sample so you can spend some time with it.

Best freshies for casual everyday use?

AdG profumo

Also, Insurrection 2 pure, it's cheap so you can use it everyday without breaking the bank and it is a decent aventus clone. It's not as loud so it is more casual.

I'll back
also look into Dunhill Icon, Spicebomb Fresh, Dior Homme Cologne, and Allure Homme Sport.

Own it and don't use it. Smells like a CK version of Aventus. Thin and weak.

What is the longevity of DHC?

Midnight in Paris?

are you 40 man? i can't imagine wearing most of that stuff

Need some perfume recs

>female
> spring/summer
>casual, wear to office or around town
>fruity-floral or candy notes
>long lasting

i really like the scent of tokyo milk - i want candy but it wears off basically instantly so if anyone knows of a much longer lasting perfume in that vein that would be great

Very few frags stay sweet and under 100 you'll be hard pressed to find an EDP you like.

Well forget the price point and give me some recs. Might as well find something to spend my tax return on

>w2c samples

I tried ordering some from TPC and STC and they've been good to me, but I'm in Europe and the shipping is a pain.

Highly recommend Skins.nl for Yuros. 15 EUR for 5 samples, all samples cost the same, samples are about 1.5 ml a piece in a spray bottle (cheapest options on decant sites are 0.5ml in dropper bottles).

It's pretty competitive pricing, they have less of a selection than the decant sites, fewer brands overall but all high end brands really. Plus you get a voucher for your 15 EUR as a discount on anything you buy from them later.

This is my latest cop from them and I bought a candle to get free shipping (shipping to Sweden is 15 EUR so I basically got a sample set for free).

I copped YSL Mon Paris recently. It's a sweet fruitchouli with main notes of raspberry, strawberry, pear, peony, and musk. It remains sweet and lasts overnight easily. Get the Sephora girls to make you a sample vial.
Pricing is $122 for the 3 oz bottle, less for the smaller ones. Macy's has a 3 oz plus 1 oz 2pc gift set for $130 (both EdP) if you like the scent.

>>fruity-floral or candy notes
>>long lasting

Bal D'Afrique by Byredo has a nice sweetness and lasted longer than most of my samples, but we're talking a few hours with these scents, not all day.

50ml is sub 100 dollars.

Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil
3.4 oz tester is 50 bucks with 15% off on fragrancex

Is Davidoff Hot Water and Burberry Brit good entry level scents?

Anything that smells like pic related?

Thanks in advance, think you can recommend me some stuff?

>Male, 24, working in NYC
>Gearing up for spring/summer, but open to recommendations for any season.
>Price isn't too much of an issue but let's say $210 max
>Got a mix of Penhaligon's samples for Christmas, really liked Juniper Sling, Halfeti and Endymion but had duration issues with Endymion.
>I seem to gravitate more towards woody, oud, and oriental

Salvador Dali Pour Homme

Penhaligon's Ellenisia. They usually have a summer sale though so if you really like it you can get a 100mL for under $100.

I want to smell like this song
youtube.com/watch?v=xS6HX2m-HNY

how is the performance?

Not great from what I've read

What are some good middle notes?

I made a cologne with Tea Tree (Australia) and Ho Wood, and I hate the smell. Any middle notes that smell citrusy/fruity or leads into Cedarwood Himalayan well?

Sounds like a dark incense-y fragrance - spooky vibes and churchy organ.

Try the CDG incense line, Pure Incense by Montale, Norne by Slumberhouse, Encre Noire, Plum Japonais by Tom Ford.

Decent, from personal experience.
Cheap enough for performance to be almost irrelevant though since you can get a 125ml for £15.

He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood :)

Just ordered a 200ml bottle of Versace pour homme lmao. Shit was same price as 50ml bottles of other frags that its just as good as. Did I fuck up?

Dunno about cedarwood but black walnut smells really nice.

Alright thanks, adding to my collection

Any fragrances that smell like any of these? I'm very close to making my order

youtube.com/watch?v=LIKQKlUWIPA
youtube.com/watch?v=FYS5ABK7Ye8 (the last part)

I'm also wondering if you folks have anything that smells like these
youtube.com/watch?v=_DxjFs_dsR8
youtube.com/watch?v=zMMIbQlY4ls

Sorry about the music posts but I buy all the samples you make mention of that i can buy on theperfumedcourt

Oh man if any of these tell you anything in terms of fragrance please let me know too

youtube.com/watch?v=zD6AWSVWdP4
youtube.com/watch?v=Vrn85L8LAWw
youtube.com/watch?v=QNn8la47kfg
youtube.com/watch?v=iY2zvS9y7YQ

Surely theres a fragrance for this somewhere
youtube.com/watch?v=PNzZ0jqfBM0

Cool Water and London are

Any lavender/violet scents that are still masculine, or unisex? I have a fetish for purple shit so I wanted to try to find a fragrance around that.

I like it. Smells pretty luxurious for the price. Not super masculine but I don't mind.

guess I'll find out
ordered a bottle blind, will pick up later today and report back

very safe summer scent

serge lutens is the house for you. try bois de violette and gris clair. neither are super masculine, but all of his scents are intended to be unisex

Is Umbro action okay for a first time wearer? I can't find any info about any of its notes. Mind you my mum bought it for me and suggested I don't pay too much... Now I don't feel like wearing any fragrance at all.

that shit is literally £2 for 60ml on amazon lmao. they probably spent more on the bottle than on the frag. i didn't even know umbro made fragrances

I tried it and it just smells like deodorant.

Thanks user. Bois de violette seems more appealing to me, both I'm going to try both

It's trash mate, find yourself a cheap, safe starter frag
Maybe this vid will help youtu.be/FpAXT67GhNY