Will kanye make retro sneakers the current trend?

Will kanye make retro sneakers the current trend?

retros are always popular, for different reasons
GQ shoves em down normie's throats, and so do sneaker companies

retro sneakers are all we have, new sneakers are whack

I literally don't know any "new" sneaker except those from designers.

Every sneaker from sweatshops is a decade-old rehash or simply the same model.

All those designer sneakers that Veeky Forums likes are rehash of adidas or nike

Please self-poku yourself

>achilles heel
Rod Lavers
>Dunks
adidas
>Vandals
Nike vandals
>GATS
Inspired by German Army trainers that were designed by adidas model

my peepop has those shoes!!!

I'm really surprised to see the three stripes on them
I thought this was going to be released by his own brand

The current success of adidas is built mostly on taking inspiration from retro sneakers (EQT and NMD) and reintorducing classic adidas models through the 'Adidas Originals' sub-brand, so no, but he will probably make it more widespread.

Launching completely new sneakers is a long and expensive project. With adidas it's way easier, you can use the existing technologies, the entire business structure, marketing, designers etc.
Don't see Kanye making sneakers under his own brand in a long ass time.

Meant to quote:

Yeah I understand that, but the three stripes weren't so visible on the earlier colourway so that's why I thought they weren't Adidas
The silhouette doesn't look like something Adidas would put out since they've been riding the 350/UB/NMD sock-like runner silhouette for a while now so that's another reason for the speculation too
Also the crep boot, military boot and duck boot models have released through his own brand, right?

Anyways I think the silhouette is fine, not a fan of this triple white though

Gosha has done that years ago

Gosha is not as relevant as Kanye though in terms of influence

The perfect shoes for the modern manlet.

Dunks are Nike you retard

raf did it first

exactly what i first thought when i saw these

honestly they're not that bad, i like the way the 3 stripes are sorta tucked in and the sole is honestly pretty cool, but I know for a fact these are gonna be just as stupidly overpriced and underproduced as 350s are so i'm not even gonna try to cop

I doubt underproduced if theyre part of the fashion line

You do realize this probably means Adidas will start releasing similar models the year after the launch?

yeah but if they're anything like the yeezy clones they've made so far they're going to be shit

i hope not. i know they say the boosts take longer to manufacture because they use boost and primeknit but i dont know how much of that i believe

OMFG do you live under a fucking rock?

They have boost and pk on many other models as well and there's no trouble releasing those
Wexler also said that boost comes from NASA...
I wouldn't believe any of their excuses, Adidas just wants to keep releases limited to keep up the hype. Less supply, more demand and I reckon it's going to be the same with these