Hey Veeky Forums, need your help

Hey Veeky Forums, need your help.

So, my sister is 17 and has Turner Syndrome, which means she has had some heart problems and other muscle problems. She has been operated and she's fine, she's a full functioning member of society.
One of the problems of her condition, due to the muscle problems, is that she has a webbed neck. Not severe, mind you, but she does have bit, so she's kinda conscious about it around people she's not comfortable with, although she's lived with it her whole life, so it's not a super issue, although it is uncomfortable, of course.
(Her neck height is normal, btw.)

So, fashion being fashion, she wants to start wearing chokers, as all chicks wear nowadays.
Her birthday is in 2 days and I want to gift her 1 or 2, do the cool older brother role, but I'm unsure about the thickness of the chokers I should buy, so I thought Veeky Forums could be the answer to my problems.

What do you guys reckon?

Help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

>random choker image

regardless of what choker you get her, wearing it is gonna make her look like a professional cock sucker

The choker must be thick enough to actually perfectly cover her problem areas. If they still peak out, she's just drawing attention to them this way.
Since we don't know how large her problem are is, we can't really tell you how thick the choker is supposed to be.
If covering up is not her intention in the first place, just get her one that looks good.

Since I know nothing about chokers and/or teenage fashion, I'm out at this point.

Eh, which teen doesn't look like one nowadays? Lol.

She always has the caution to always wear her hair down the sides near her neck so it doesn't show. So it's not really to cover like if she was wearing a ponytail, but just to fit good enough if someone just casually has a peak under that hair on the sides, because of a slight wind or dancing, etc. Get what I'm saying?

So, you reckon a thicker one would fit better than a thin one? That's my main concern: Like, does a thick choker emphasize the problem adding thickness or does it makes the neck look smaler due to scale?

>giving chokers to your sister
This sounds weird as fuck

it's just a small present and I know she'd like.

bump

If in the US, go to Claire's or similar store and see what they have. People will disagree, guys hate them, but girls who like chokers almost all have a tattoo choker so that's a safe bet.

user you're a good brother and a very nice person :)

Thanks for the advice.

Thanks, user, I try.

the tl;dr of this thread would be what I asked earlier to the other user:

Does a thick choker emphasize the problem adding thickness or does it makes the neck look smaller due to scale?

This is basically my problem.

How severe is the webbed neck?
You don't have to post a picture of her but if you can find a picture of someone with a similar degree it would help

Hum, kinda like this.

I understand it is off-putting when people aren't used to it and looks way worse in this pic because this girl/boy's hair is not down. In the daily life it doesn't look as bad because of her using her hair down, although you can kinda see it's not the usual neck.

There are people with way worse though.

Choker always calls attention to the neck regardless. With her issue, I'd say a thick choker like right photo will emphasize it.
If I were her, I'd wear a thin choker with a longer and more fancy accent necklace or something like left photo, the bow tied string with decorative ends. Middle just looks cluttered.

ups, forgot pic

thanks for the input

desu i think a choker would just draw attention to it if it's that bad and i think that it could lead to some taunting from others. Still though, it could look good

Her friends are pretty chill with it.

This is her with the hair down as usual.
you can see on the left side a peak of the thickness, which can show on any of the sides with some rapid movement, slight wind or while moving/dancing, etc.

If she was always standing still, I'm sure almost any choker would fit, but I want to give one that will maker her look good/confident if for any reason a part of the neck shows.

With her hair down she looks fine to me, i would go for a solid black choker about half the size of the choker on the original image (the one on the right)

What if there is a strong wind? Will she start to fly?

OP that's not Turner Syndrome, that's the human race evolving to protect itself from ISIS

Does she give good head?

She looks ok, so any medium to thin choker should be ok.