Sweatshirt thread

sweatshirt thread, what are the best sweatshirts you can get that aren't branded/absurdly expensive/not thin as fuck

and why it is so hard to find this shit I mean come on they're fucking sweatshirts, shit is just ridiculous

Other urls found in this thread:

handvaerk.com/
shop.merz-schwanen.com/collections/sweats#locale_en
russellathletic.com/collections/mens-hoodies-sweatshirts/products/mens-dri-power-fleece-crewneck-sweatshirt
russellathletic.com/collections/mens-hoodies-sweatshirts/products/mens-pro10-fleece-crewneck-sweatshirt?variant=27171692166
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sunspel is my favorite. Norse and Our Legacy are good as well.

handvaerk.com/
shop.merz-schwanen.com/collections/sweats#locale_en

>$200 for a pair of grey swearpants
wew

>over $100 for a sweatshirt

>FotL

hmm
can anyone vouche for these? hanes?

Yeah let's buy Uniqlo!
Such quality, such wow

>it costs more, therefore it is better
kys

typically this is the case to a point.

I agree but there is absolutely zero justification for spending $200 on sweats

Continue buying your fast fashion. Ever wonder why you always seem to always buy jeans, sweaters, pants, coats every year and trashing the old pieces?

Consider self-harm.

>mfw I buy Norse Projects basics for $50 on sale and they last me years (and they're still going)
>guy is saying to harm myself because I don't want to spend $200 for basics

HmmMMmMmmm

>Ever wonder why you always seem to always buy jeans, sweaters, pants, coats every year and trashing the old pieces

I don't. Hell, my dad has pairs of JCPenny pants he's been wearing regularly for 10+ years.

You're a retard if you think Sunspel uses magic, indestructible cotton.

why are you paying 200 for a fucking sweatshirt

>you think Sunspel uses magic, indestructible cotton.
I don't.

>my dad [random anecdote of no value]
Great.

>why are you paying 200 for a fucking sweatshirt
why are you paying paying 50 every 6 months for a fucking uniqlo sweatshirt.

>sale price = msrp = intrinsic value

HmmMMmMmmm

>why are you paying paying 50 every 6 months for a fucking uniqlo sweatshirt.
I'm not lmao

also uniqlo sweatshirts are like $20
$50 sweatshirt is probably great quality

what specifically about those $200 sweatpants makes them longer lasting than a $20 pair of uniqlos

Only $200 for sweats you fucking pleb? What, do you get one more wash cycle compared to Gap Outlet stores? I can't comprehend how you think a measly $200 can get you any degree of quality. If you're barely spending that much on clothes I can't imagine how hard it is for you to make ends meet. I bet you even have to save up to afford it. Pic related - me buying REAL quality basics that won't disintegrate after your mom washes it on the wrong setting.

lmao who the fuck washes clothes

let see the order number pussy

COS is my favorite.

Absolutely nothing. I guess a lot of people on Veeky Forums like to rugby in their clothes.

>be user, gonna play an epic prank on Veeky Forums
>put $5000 worth of clothes in the shopping cart and go though the checkout
>take screenshot and post on Veeky Forums
>laugh so hard at your prank you accidentally hit enter
>place order button was selected

Any cheap ones I can cop from aliexpress?

FUCK YOU SON OF BITCH FUCK YOUR MOTHER
When you buy avant garde shit like this you get personalization. Maison Margiela has all types of artists like Banksy, Jeff Koons, and Diplo write his receipts. Not that I expect a broke boi who buys $200 sweats to know that.

They may not be produced in 4 minutes by a chain of 13 year olds with cotton picked by some Indian with dysentery in Andhra Pradesh.

I feel your pain. I want a cozy track suit for gym, not designer but not cheaply made, something decent that will hold up to washings.
Seems everything is either expensive status wear or cheap crap.

I just want nice and cozy workout clothes.

>some people are actually non-ironically defending sweatshops

???????????????????????

john elliot and reigning champ are gonna be your best bet. all in the $100-200 range but quality is great

5 boring jumpers, select pleb shipping. Wew.

Reiss

>some people are actually defending buying $200 sweatshirts

????????????????????????????????????????

Thank you, I will check them. Good quality at that price is a reasonsble expectation if they can last a few seasons.

>some people are literally broke reddit crossposters

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

>some people think buying boujee ass sweatpants will somehow end child labor

????????????????????????????????

you can usually find them on grailed for a heavy discount

>boujee ass
At least try not to make it obvious, Jesus.

Poor people are usually poor because they don't know how to manage their money and waste them buying dumb shit, such as $200 sweatshirts.

t, bought $200 sweatshirt

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

See, this is sensible.
Less fussing, more shopping.

Logical fallacy.

xD

Russell Athletics makes great sweatshirts. Cheap and really solid build quality. Shocked they haven't blown up.

I've got an RC sweatshirt bought on sale at $100 vs a Uniqlo one at $40 full price. Whilst the Uniqlo one has lasted like 1 year already with some usage, the RC is softer and the gussets and ribbing etc is pretty cool. Comfort wise the RC is definitely and noticeably better, but if you're poor af then just buy what you can afford.

Claiming that an argument is untrue exclusively due to the fact that someone representing the argument uses a fallacy is a logical fallacy (the fallacy fallacy) btw

russellathletic.com/collections/mens-hoodies-sweatshirts/products/mens-dri-power-fleece-crewneck-sweatshirt
russellathletic.com/collections/mens-hoodies-sweatshirts/products/mens-pro10-fleece-crewneck-sweatshirt?variant=27171692166
which one?

I like the second one better but the tag near the bottom is annoying to me. i supposed you could just cut it off though

same but the fucking price difference really pisses me the fuck off

I've really only bought Gildan stuff, It's super basic. but it lasts pretty long for its price and isn't shit quality.

Anyways if I'm looking to get something from a more "Veeky Forums" brand what should I look into?
I'd probably spend at most $100 on a sweatshirt since I mostly use them for layering, but I'd look into more expensive stuff if there's a chance for a sale.

It is absolutely shit quality, but it's incredibly cheap. They start pilling horribly after a couple of washes and they mushroom really hard.

If you wanna get some more quality stuff, start looking at brands like John Elliot and Reigning Champ. They are both fantastic quality, though they are very expensive for a sweatshirt.

Thoughts on American Giant?

Reigning Champ

Seriously considering Sunspel, any idea on how it compares to Reigning Champ?

I know your pain. I've been looking for the same sort of think. I just want a fucking white, long sleeve shirt, that isn't dry fit, and has no damn gradient or whatever. Is that so hard??

Only for the most humongous of AmeriCANS. Must be at least 6"4 to wear

all this smol dick flexing and u didnt even use the right sweater.

0 fucking fashion sense. gj idiot

>handvaerk.com/

w2c shirt?

polo ralph lauren

anyone know where to cop this

I got a champion reverse meme for 15$ in the summer
I was given an old one from american apparel
the AA one is okay. v thin. nice for wearing under a larger shirt.
champion is pretty nice. but its kind of hard and not very soft.

>Ever wonder why you always seem to always buy jeans, sweaters, pants, coats every year and trashing the old pieces?
because my taste changes?

Black polo shirt with white polo rider. Not v-neck, short sleeve.

Uniqlo blank sweats are not bad

how's the thickness?
also I hear they're really short, torso wise, is this true?

i actually like the merino sweaters that they have, its too bad that they last about 3 wash cycles.
how do those hold up?

not same dude uniqlo stuff is typically pretty stocky, being built for a largely japanese market.

thickness is okay, not too thin but you could wear it in moderate temp imo

>>Yeah let's buy Uniqlo!
>Such quality, such wow

actually the plain sweatshirts from uniqlo are really fucking good quality

maybe you should actually try one on before you post more dumb shit?

yep, i have four colors of that sweatshirt. easily on par with anything you can buy costing 3-4 times it's msrp. they are french terry too, not cheap shitty fleece like you will get at zara or whatever.

do you have it in 03 GRAY and 02 LIGHT GRAY?
how do they compare? GRAY seems too textured to me, was hoping it would just be a darker shade

i have both

>>also I hear they're really short, torso wise, is this true?

oh i missed this. yeah the medium was short on me and i'm 5'9 but i'm also p. jacked, see that's me, i'm about 170lbs and got a large.

oh damn what the fuck

that dark gray looks nothing like pic related, what the fuck uniqlo

thanks, this made me like it a lot more

also, what do they feel like? are they smoother on the outside than inside? thicker than, say, a formal sweater? uniqlo doesn't specify midweight/heavyweight/etc

smooth fine knit on the outside, french terry loop on the inside. definitely way thicker than a "formal" sweater. i put them through the dryer hot as fuck and they haven't pilled or anything. if you have any of their "sweat" hoodies or sweatpants, the material is very similar, but thicker and heavier. they're a steal for $19 imo.

how many washes can they take?

probably gonna try one out, thanks for the info

>>how many washes can they take?

i dunno mate

i expect to maybe have to put a sweater shaver to them once a year if they get a little fuzzy? no reason they won't last a decade imo.

np

>Write his receipts

We don't take too kindly to niggers over here boi.

Good ones on sale? Sucks that most of the embroidered sweatshirts are usually expensive as hell, who has good ones on sale these days, my American apparel one is probably the best one I've ever had. Comfier than my CE one too surprisingly

>why are you paying paying 50 every 6 months for a fucking uniqlo sweatshirt.

actually they cost 20$ and the last one I got was about a year ago, still doing fine.
perhaps you're just taking bad care of your sweatshirts user

nobody mentions carhartt ? what the fuck Veeky Forums

>putting merino wool in the washing machine
I know, they say you can machine-wash them, that doesn't mean you should.

>luxury cars are worth almost nothing after 5 years

Honestly the generic $5 fruit of the loom sweatshirts at Walmart fit perfectly. They get really pilly really quick tho but they're cheap as fuck so it honestly doesn't matter, you can just get a new one a couple months later. Whenever I feel real shitty I just cop one of them to cheer me up. Comfy AF too

I love my black DRKSHDW sweatshirt, but for some reason the white one I bought a few seasons later was shit. I'm afraid of copping another one ;_;

Nike Classic Club crew necks are god-tier comfort but good luck finding one these days without team branding

why are all the sizes different?

Check out Hollister and Abercrombie & Fitch they have great sweatshirts that are cheap

you didn't really answer the question senpai

I just reordered some today.

they make a nice basic raglan sweatshirt at a low price.
the shirts are a gigantic step up from fruit of the loom.

right now , I am pleased with russell.

have you ever tried fruit of the loom ?
gildan is really quite allright compared to those.
cheap non the less and also shitty.

Would you guys like this on a embroider on a sweater? Opening a store soon and I'm thinking about selling sweaters first. This color and yellow

>artists like Banksy, Jeff Koons, and Diplo

s14-br is great because it's the """perfect""" crewneck but it doesn't look like you're cosplaying a ninja

inb4 poorfags crying

>s14-br
Oh fuck yeah lil niggie this is the best sweatshirt I've ever seen. Thanks for letting me know about it

what about Velva Sheen? I've always wanted something with tubular knitting or whatever the fuck it's called.

This. screw fast fashion

looks waaay too thin

nope, nothing wrong with it when it comes to basics
if you spend $200 for basics you are literally retarded

is Uniqlo really fast fashion? they just sell simple clothing. they're not trying to be fashionable, really, except for their U shit.

>Honestly the generic $5 fruit of the loom sweatshirts at Walmart fit perfectly. They get really pilly really quick tho

this is why you spend a bit more on something a bit nicer. the fruit of the loom garbage is really, really low quality fleece, very thin, and sheds fabric everywhere. if you make the mistake of putting them in the washer/dryer with the rest of your clothes when they are brand new, they will shed fabric all over everything you own.

same goes for the hanes stuff at target, not very good quality, but marginally better than the fruit of the loom stuff.

>is Uniqlo really fast fashion?

lol no, they're just showing their edge

zara is fast fashion. printed zara sweatshirts are fruit of the loom/hanes tier crap. h&m is almost in the same boat, but you can find solid quality pieces at h&m for the price, especially basics.