How much do I pay local musicians to wear Nikes?

I need Veeky Forums's help!

I'm sponsoring a couple of local artists to wear mainly expensive sneakers when they perform. I met a couple of guys on craigslist and they want to know what I'm offering.

My idea was to let them bill me monthly for a percentage of the original value of all of their sneaks. This would give them incentive to buy more pairs. In addition, they'd earn a small amount for every show they give when wearing applicable sneaks.

What percentage per pair should I offer? I was thinking of offering 10% per month plus $10 per show. They don't owe me anything back but I want it to be worth it enough to stick with me.

If someone offered you monthly interested on the value of your shoes, how much would he have to pay you to make it worth collecting the cash?

Are you a owner of Nike corp? Why do you shill other people's brand?

Long story. I own a business cleaning and repairing shoes. I want the brands I work on advertised so I want to help foot the bill for popular local musicians.

I'll take it this isn't clear enough or interesting enough to answer. Thanks for your time anyway!

i don't understand, do you think paying them to wear them is gonna make people want them more and magically go to your store?

how the fuck is this supposed to work

No, but up and coming people in the music industry wearing sneakers will popularize them. Sneakers are expensive so if I foot the bill, that means they might wear nicer kicks.

I'm doing this one way or another. I'm more interested in what percentage of your kicks value would you try to negotiate for to make it work picking up the cash monthly.

>nigger pretending to be a DJ cons some dumb philipino out of a dozen pairs of Jordans because he sells hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle or whatever

Yawn

>No, but up and coming people in the music industry wearing sneakers
Whoooo man yeah I only ever wore oxfords and flip flops before I saw some chad dickhead playing Chainsmokerz tracks at a brunch. I had never once heard of thsee new and exciting "sneakers" style shoes. Now I own a pair of Addidas Air Dunks for every day of the week and get them professionally cleaned daily

Okay, sounds like no answers to my question so I'll be moving on.

yeah hate to pile on but its not as if sneakers actually need any more hype and even if the artists you sponsor actually inspire anyone, those people will just go to foot locker not the sneaker repair store

Okay, let's all assume that I'm stupid for doing this but I'm doing it anyway. Let's say you replied to my ad and thought, this idiot is asking me to take his money. What percentage of your sneakers value (new) would you bill me?

this is fucking insane. You are fucking insane. I hope you know that when you show up with your shoe collection, these melanin gentlemen will be stabbing you and taking them.

But hey, if they get your blood all over one of those Air Huaraches, they'll come to your store to clean them!

Wait are they getting the sneakers and you're paying them to wear them? Or they're paying you "rent" on them, and getting credits on that rent for wearing them at a show?

Also, here's a thought, THEY PROBABLY DONT HAVE THE SAME SIZE FOOT AS YOU

Oh man. They buy their own shoes. I pay them a percentage of the value of all of the shoes they own. They can then spend that money on new shoes.

spend the money you was gonna spend on whatever the fuck this is on actual ads for your shoe cleaner

>I'm paying DJs to wear shoes they already own

WHATWHATWHATWHATWHATWHAT

>Give them money, they buy shoes with the money, value of their collection grows, give them more money
what are you getting out of this?
>I want the brands I work on advertised
You paying some local musicians to wear expensive shoes isn't going to make anyone buy the same shoes and then bring them to you for repairs and maintenance. This makes zero sense. You get nothing back in return
The influencers who make people buy shit are much bigger, not some local DJs

Better plan would be to negotiate a deal for them to directly advertise your business
For example offer them some shoes/money/store credit and in exhange get them to post something related to your business on social media, give them discount codes to give out, get them to promote your business on their live shows and music videos etc.

This is not a good idea. Too many steps between the money you're paying and the money you hope to make. Way too many steps.

There are plenty of other problems too. Like this 10% thing. I own six pairs of Nike sneakers. Two pairs of Jordans, three pairs of huaraches, and a pair of Mowabbs. The total original value of all six pairs is just under $1000.

Those aren't even especially expensive sneakers, and that's a pretty small collection. Six pairs. At your 10% rate, that's about $100 you'd be paying me per month for a small collection of moderately nice sneakers. That's crazy. And why original value? Why not market value? Why consider the value of the shoes at all?

Also, there are better ways to achieve your goal. Paying someone rent on their shoe collection makes zero sense when you could just pay them to wear a particular pair of shoes when they perform. Or give them the shoes on the condition that they wear them when they perform.

This is a needlessly complex idea that's way too costly. Unless these are celebrities with wide influence and you're actually selling a huge volume of the shoes they'd be repping, this makes no sense.

(Also your ultimate question--"how much would he have to pay you to make it worth collecting the cash?"--makes no sense. If you're giving me money, and it costs me nothing more than the trouble of cashing a check or holding out my hand and receiving some cash, then any amount is worth that effort. What are they giving up for your money? Wearing Adidas instead of Nike? That's worth practically nothing. Maybe tell them you'll slip them $10 if they show up in a particular pair of Nikes. That would probably do it.)

Didn't you post this like a year ago?

Do this instead user.
Gets your publicity and gives the DJ some credibility, the most effective advertising like this I saw was a local Facebook comedian, just short 30 second to 2 minute videos who got his teeth whitened for free from a local place and included it in one of his sketches. Try and get them to encorporate your business into one of their songs or whatever, just do what that guy says

Just say you'll clean their shoes for free. All you they have to do is shout you out on social media

You paying them is fucking ridiculous

anyone who's interested in sneakers at all is aware of what nike is you don't need to advertise it lmao

what the fuck is this thread.