Putin: Make Istanbul Constantinople Again

>Putin has expressed his views on Turkeys support to al-Qaeda’s Syria branch and issued a stark warning.

>“Should Turkey not stop supporting al-Qaeda’s Syria branch, I am indeed eager to end the job the late Tsar Nicholas II left unfinished.

Other urls found in this thread:

mirrorspectrum.com/spectrum/vladimir-putin-they-asked-for-it-if-the-war-breaks-we-will-level-romania-and-poland-to-the-ground
mirrorspectrum.com/behind-the-mirror/confirmed-alien-breakthrough-as-scientists-find-evidence-of-life-in-space
mirrorspectrum.com/behind-the-mirror/warned-off-the-moon-video-shows-alien-bases-on-the-far-side-of-the-moon
mirrorspectrum.com/behind-the-mirror/tutankhamuns-iron-dagger-originated-from-outer-space
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_Empire
georgianjournal.ge/world/26558-athos-monks-passed-putin-and-the-patriarch-kirill-on-anathema.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

Agnostic Asian guy here, what's the fixation that Europeans/American nerds seem to have with "reclaiming" Istanbul/Constantinople? It's honestly the worst kind of irredentism.

If Putin reclaims Constantinople from turkroachdom I SWEAR I will repent from my atheistic ways and convert to Orthodoxy immediately

Here in the western world it's mostly limited to nerds but not so much in orthodox countries. This was the center of eastern christendom, their rome, and now mehmet and friends are squatting in the Hagia Sophia.

As much as I'd like it, this is just empty posturing to gain support of Russian bydlos. He wouldn't attack a NATO country and trigger a WW3 over some kebab shit.

Maybe because it was part of the Roman "sphere of influence" - for lack of a better word - and considered European. The recent fixation with Islam and its problems should play a role too, just as the actions of the Turkish government should.

>byzanshits

Istanbul back in the day was basically to Orthodoxy what Medina is to Islam.

In the west it's mainly romanboo nerds and deus vult larpers, but in Orthodox countries it's serious business.

It was literally the 2nd Rome.

>WWIII will happen in your lifetime
>Russia will be obliterated off the map in your lifetime
Yes please.

No and no.

How do you think Muslims would feel if, say, Al-Masjid an-Nabawi in Medina became a Christian church?

Just a continuation of the age-old ambition to claim the heritage of the Roman Empire.

>Typical Russian Macho Posturing.
Like they time they did something about that """"""surveillance"""""""" aircraft of theirs that was shot down.

>Within decades after the capture of Constantinople by Mehmed II of the Ottoman Empire on 29 May 1453, some Eastern Orthodox people were nominating Moscow as the "Third Rome", or the "New Rome"
So Moscow will be conquered just like Constinople ? And Cathedral of Crist the Savior will be turned into mosque?

>Greece reclaims Constantinople
>Greeks become minority in Greece
>???
>I am penis

Thry will genocide Turks

>genocide

>>>/reddit/

>Greece reclaims Constantinople
>it becomes plagued with debts
>Greece sells Constantinople to Turkey to pay debts
>???
>Soon afterwards Greece is once again with debts, without Constantinople

>greeks become minority in greece
>he actually thinks Istanbul is turkish

> Greece reclaims Constantinople
> Forced to sell it to Chinese to pay debnts

Are you saying Kurds are greek?

Memes, now can some one please delete this thread?

Francesco being the cuck he is would just invite turks to Rome.

t. Özgür

Is this Veeky Forums or /news/?

Either way, Constantinople is long gone, and there is little reason to give it to those that would use it to continue not paying debts. Even less reason to give it to Russia.

Istanbul/Constantinople was a symbol or rather a warning against the Muslim incursion. Before the fall of Constantinople, the Muslim threat was considered managable. After it fell, the Christians were so shocked that such an important Christian city fell to muslim barbarics.

t. Russia Today

It's /news/ and /pol/

Veeky Forums is the official religion board, constantinopolitan irredentism is based on religious grounds, so...

Turks are Anatolian, mostly.

Kurds are something weird

In the crazed dream scenario in which Putin actually conquers Istanbul it's unlikely he would actually hand it over to the Greeks. More likely it would just be another part of Russia or a puppet state who directly obeys the Kremlin.

>constantinopolitan irredentism
I don't know what the fuck you just said
From my somewhat ignorant American perspective it's fueled far more by nationalism than by religion. In OP's case it would just be a Russian sphere of influence thing, and as is it's simply a dick waving threat.

>mirrorspectrum.com/spectrum/vladimir-putin-they-asked-for-it-if-the-war-breaks-we-will-level-romania-and-poland-to-the-ground

What a meme site.

Hopefully

>Constantinople is to Christians as Medina is to Muslims

>Jesus never set foot in it
>became Christian literally centuries after his lifetime

No.

C'mon, OP. Do it right.

>that pic

Complete autism

This is because Jesus is largely irrelevant to Christianity and it has much more to do with the late Roman empire.

>Jesus is largely irrelevant to Christianity
Oh my

He is.

The gospels do, and have since the synods taken a back seat to Paul's teachings.

>Paul's teachings
Ah, yes, of course because Paul's teaching only focus on Paul himself and not let's say Jesus Christ

Sure as hell not the real one, since he never met him

They do, he pulled them right out of his arse and the gospels that became canon largely became so because they were the most consistent with Paul's theology.

Christianity is literally built on Paul's teachings and working backwards from there to justify it, because it's made explictly to pander to Roman goyim.

I'm sure that there are also some folks out there that want New York to return to being New Amsterdam. But i doubt that would happen.

(Now, to wait for some one to get the joke.)

It's a reference to that song, that's the easiest joke to be made here.

> make Istanbul Constantinople again
I thought that was no one's business but the Turks

>this is what /pol/ actually believes

Tfw NATO said they are not going to stop Russia

Rome is back boys

>mirrorspectrum.com
Looks legit:
>mirrorspectrum.com/behind-the-mirror/confirmed-alien-breakthrough-as-scientists-find-evidence-of-life-in-space
>mirrorspectrum.com/behind-the-mirror/warned-off-the-moon-video-shows-alien-bases-on-the-far-side-of-the-moon

And just for Veeky Forums:
>mirrorspectrum.com/behind-the-mirror/tutankhamuns-iron-dagger-originated-from-outer-space

Invading Turkey from north would be pretty hard desu. I mean you should secure the bosphorus to start invading anatolia because of mountains and occupying such a large, populous and geographically retarded city would be pretty hard

though again I don't know how global war doctrines changed since WW1 so I could be wrong but this is a meme thread so it shouldn't be a problem

25 year rule nigga. Get yo white /pol/ ass onta da ban list!

please

please

of course it did, it was meteoric iron

>this makes my dick hard

DEUS VULT

tbqh it would probably be easier than Afghanistan geographically and ethnically, and the Russians near won that.

The main problem (like in Afghanistan) would probably be dealing with the Mujahids flying in from all over the world, after fighting Turkey's big and well equipped army that is.

>It's honestly the worst kind of irredentism.
>t*rkroach spotted

there is no spot for islam in Europe and old Rome.

>tfw I will kill turks in my lifetime

imagine germans, french, brits, burgers, russians united against turkey and saudi arabia. retaking Constantinople and naming it an own autonomous republic governed by a strategic alliance to secure the straits, destroying ISIS and 'reconsolidating' the Saudi Arabian regime to become democratic and never again support jihadis and al'qaeda spawns. Iran supporting it as well, since they can only profit.

fuckin shit boys, this is real, this is the future, I am preparing.

>mirrorspectrum.com/spectrum/vladimir-putin-they-asked-for-it-if-the-war-breaks-we-will-level-romania-and-poland-to-the-ground
I really don't consider that such a far-fetched and idle threat, strategically speaking.
Romanians and Poles are the biggest and most anti-russian guys in Eastern Europe.
t. romanian

Fuck off to /pol/ with this.

Yeah.
Now if only people from the Northern Hemisphere weren't retarded and constantly using the "enemy of my enemy, long term consequences are not my job" logic in geo-politics.

>agnostic
>Asian
>"guy"
>accusations of reclaiming a lost homeland
>adverb usage
Woah there your post made me feel unsafe. I demand you delete your post and become educated on sensitivity toward others. Plus the cultural and geo strategic importance of the Bithynian coast

I'm TRYING to have a conversation with you here. You aren't listening!

>implying Putin isn't gonna turn it into a shithole of whores and thieves
>Orthoshits follow Putin like he's God
Fuck'em, why didn't the crusaders take over the city I will never know.

>Orthoshits follow Putin like he's God
You know a lot of orthos hate Putin, right?
>Fuck'em, why didn't the crusaders take over the city
They did.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_Empire

>You know a lot of orthos hate Putin, right?
But he's the Caesar, and they must render unto Caesar because of there whack ass belief that the Church must be subservient to the state.

>tfw this is already happening

just enjoy the show familia

So NOT istanbul and now constantinople? Why did Istanbul get the works?

>But he's the Caesar
And even legit emperors got condemned for stupid and heretical shit.
Speaking of:
georgianjournal.ge/world/26558-athos-monks-passed-putin-and-the-patriarch-kirill-on-anathema.html
>whack ass belief that the Church must be subservient to the state.
More like "Church and State have a weird symbiotic relationship when helps each other."

And with the new income provided by tourism and pilgrimage to Constantinople, Greece was finally able to pay all of its denbts. The end.

>And even legit emperors got condemned for stupid and heretical shit.
He's still Caesar.
>"Church and State have a weird symbiotic relationship when helps each other."
That's the Catholic Church of now, for them, it's subservient.

>The end

This is merely just the beginning

a hard time to be a turk, everybody hates them and considers them scum.

While you're at it, Mr. Putin, can you convince the Catholic Church to change its pacificity so we may turn Egypt to its Coptic owners, unshackle the Assyrian Christians, remove Turks and Islam from the Balkans and Anatolia, and smash the heart of Islam and strangle it as a global religion?

Only then can New Jerusalem be built.

>convince the Catholic Church

>considers them scum
they are not considered, they are known to be scum

Reminder that if Christians want Constantinople to be a Christian city again all they need to do is get off their asses and evangelize it, and "MUH DOO VALT" memers should go LARP being religious on /pol/

He could give it to Bulgaria.
That would be funny.

How about this? Greece gets the rest of the Aegean Shore

>dem moretas

>implying Russia can successfully 1v30 NATO + Ukraine and Finland

I mean the US alone would slaughter Russia in a conventional war, giving us 29 other allies just makes it too easy.

>He could give it to Bulgaria.
I doubt it, Bulgarians are a big problem there since they are traditional allies of the Turks.

>I mean the US alone would slaughter Russia in a conventional war, giving us 29 other allies just makes it too easy.
>implying US would help kebab and not help Russia and Europe in a just cause scenario

How the fuck is this thread still up?

hmm I would support this
t. german

you have my sword !!!

>implying that any overt Russian action against Turkey wouldn't result in the Baltics, Poland, the US, and Turkey all jumping at the chance to use their collective defense pact to wipe out a longstanding and dangerous rival

Realism > whatever wierdo IR philosophy you think would result in states behaving like they do in

The hatred of Turks is the most powerful one.

>Baltics, Poland, the US, and Turkey all jumping at the chance to use their collective defense pact to wipe out a longstanding and dangerous rival

Are you fucking mad?!
Noone in Europe would attack Russia because of Turkey and risk a full scale war on the European continent because of Turks, I know it since I am from Poland. There is a "threat" that Russia will do the same shit in Latvia as they did in Ukraine, because there are alot of Russians in Latvia that Latvians openly well discrimnate against, but noone believes in Russia actually invading Europe. Also as well as I have my prejudice upon Russians because of Katyn and other shit they did to us, I doubt we and the Baltics and the US could wipe out Russia, since US will certainly not go full frontal against someone that has enough nukes to wipe them all out and we are also not keen on fighting against someone like Russia.

Get reasonable, if you speak of realism.

>the worst kind of irredentism

That's Putin in a nutshell.

>Noone in Europe would attack Russia because of Turkey and risk a full scale war on the European continent

True. I may also add that noone in Germany would ever consider going to war against Russia because of Turkey. Hell I would even say people here would be willing to go to Russia to fight against Turkey.

>>implying that any overt Russian action against Turkey wouldn't result in the Baltics, Poland, the US, and Turkey all jumping at the chance to use their collective defense pact to wipe out a longstanding and dangerous rival

you are dreaming kid, noone in europe gives a fuck about turkey or considers them an ally even if we are NATO

Reminder that without nationalism we'd have much better chances of reclaiming Constantinople.

Nice

>Shocked
Didn't everybody in the Latin west not give a shit?

>Rome will exist once more
Feels good

AHAHAHAHAHA

>2016
>beliving this picture

buttmad ?