Urban Techwear General - /utg/

>What is Urban Techwear
We wear clothes to be comfortable, to cover up our shame, and more importantly for our protection. Technical clothing, focuses on incorporating functionality using textiles and construction techniques to protect the user from their environment.

>Guide to Urban Techwear *Under Construction*
New Update! Please help expand this guide by participating:
tuxbell.com/index.php/Guide_to_Urban_Techwear

>Discord
discord.gg/YgYhwhK

Stone Island _ Spring Summer '017
youtube.com/watch?v=1NnkTMSBgwc

Other urls found in this thread:

item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=544924420997
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that looks awful...their clothes make them look fat and shapeless

Recommendations for footwear, looking for like boots.

surplus is gr8
sneakerboots I guess fit if you are more in to that futuristic cosplay
if you have budget, just go with the usual boot recommendations, you have to try hard to make black leather boots look out of place in these kinda fits

Why is Gibson is so sexy? Also, how do I achieve Loose/Comfy with techwear?

Just nike id these lunarepic 2s. Now we wait

Try wearing loose technical clothing

Other than Y-3, what other brands are there?

Do some research for real
The big issue people have in these threads that you seem to be completely unaware that technical clothing and techwear has been around since 80s
There are so many fucking brands it's not even funny. And naming brands that do loose stuff is pointless, it's about the fit, go to a store and try shit on that fits loose, try sizing up shit so it fits more loose, this is very fundamental simple thing in not just techwear but in fashion in general.

team manlet lol
that looks RIDICULOUS
whats wrong with leather jacket and jeans? retards...

>And naming brands that do loose stuff is pointless, it's about the fit

No, you're right. But I understand where user is coming from, finding functional clothing that fits into your preferred aesthetic is difficult to do as it's unpractical, leaving loose threads would be counter productive, look at OPs picture, to some they might look great, but especially to the women on the very left, how hard is it for her to move around in those loose layers?

>go to a store and try shit on that fits loose, try sizing up shit

The chances of finding a store that sells loose clothing that houses technical function is so slim, and please don't try to size up, there's sizes for a reason unless you mod the pants yourself. Which in techwear is pretty hard to do.

I need this jacket

>as it's unpractical, leaving loose threads would be counter productive
It really isn't, at the end of the day you live in a city and go about your day strolling the streets in techwear fits, having bit looser fit will not have any affect on how practical your outfit is. If techwear was about peak practicality, no one would wear acronym.
> how hard is it for her to move around in those loose layers
I doubt it's very hard, try layering heavily sometimes, it really hardly effects you unless you are running around in forest where things get stuck easily.
>The chances of finding a store that sells loose clothing that houses technical function is so slim
Last time I checked every town has a store that sells outdoor/hiking gear and sports clothes. I could march in to a local one right now that basically only sells Haglöfs, Fjällräven, Tierra and other outdoorsy hiking brands and walk out with outfit that is tech as fuck, looks the part and is whatever preferred fit.
> and please don't try to size up
Nah, you don't know what you are talking about. I can comfortably wear tops ranging from S to L in the mentioned Fjällräven for example, M is probably closest to the 'recommended' fit of the manufacturer but I prefer L just because I like the way it sits and looks and it allows better layering.

>If techwear was about peak practicality, no one would wear acronym.
He never said that technical clothing had to be one hundred percent practical, just it's harder to find those with that aesthetic because not a lot of brands are experimental, and don't go as far as Acronym
>> you are running around in forest where things get stuck easily.
I'm not sure how crowded your cities get, but you'll annoy the ever living hell to everyone around taking up so much space by wearing three large layers, you'll run in something that will get your clothes caught. Not saying loose wear is bad for tech. Just something that huge is insane.
>>The chances of finding a store that sells loose clothing that houses technical function is so slim
>Nah, you don't know what you are talking about. I can comfortably wear tops ranging from S to L in the mentioned Fjällräven for example, M is probably closest to the 'recommended' fit of the manufacturer but I prefer L.

>Implying all are constructed the same
user was talking about pants
I would love to see how the shirt fits you.

Not a fan of the splash of white, would love to see this on actual feet.
Curious how they actually fit, picture?

>so much space
I don't even
What kind of argument is this? 3 layers don't take much more space, even if you are wearing huge puffer jacket you don't take much space where are you even coming with this?
>you'll run in something that will get your clothes caught
I seriously recommend you to try, layers are comfy and they really aren't unpractical at all in day to day life, and really huge clothing is the thing now just looking at any runway show.
>user was talking about pants
Even then I can easily choose from 2 sizes, even more if the brand goes by waist sizes to get the fit I want. And the discussion was about loose clothing in general, not just pants even though the user did mention pants.
>I would love to see how the shirt fits you.
It's jacket.

>Curious how they actually fit, picture?
Don't own a camera unfortunately
This is some dude wearing the same jacket, mine isn't as form fitting and ends slightly lower with sizing up, though I could probably adjust it to be more to form but I like the slight bagginess.

This is kinda closer how it fits me, more baggy like this, ends bit lower I think tho

Are union suits the logical conclusion of techwear?

>not being able to let down your breathable ultralight butt flap to take a stealth poo in a dystopian cyberpunk public restroom

Referring to OPs image, not saying that layering is bad it all comes down to what you layer. But it doesn't matter how larger clothing is trending your environment isn't going to evolve with your taste in fashion. Living in NYC you're going to be the bane to everyone you share space with.
That looks ridiculous

you are extremely creepy

Errolson seems cringy as fuck.

Well if your brand is known for making children look like ninjas I would act like that too.

Too much Naruto

I do respect what he created, but his presentation will turn people away.

There's a reason why she isn't a model for Fjalllraven

item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=544924420997

This fake jacket was found recently. I can't speak for the quality and there's only been one sold.. I might buy one soon to see how it is as, as its quite cheap.

Is the reebok x garbstore commuter pack /utg/ ?

I have the women's version c:

>Cheaping out in techwear

there isn't even a need of any type of marketing presentation imo

material and size specs on a simple site is good enough

Didn't know that existed

It's slightly different

>Slightly

pls help me Veeky Forums
where can I get this jacket and how much will it cost me?

Anyone know I can get one of these masks?

Acronym NG-3 PS

well for one thats a fucking drawing

it just looks like a slim fit varsity jacket

That's an acronym neck gaitor, ng3-ps to be specific. Like most of acronym's stuff, it sold out pretty quickly, so I guess it's pretty hard to come by.

Beat me to it

In your opinion, which brand is the best for the utilitarian approach to tech wear? The brand that maximizes the price to performance ratio?

did I do good?

Military surplus.
Any other answer is wrong.

well, you could also consider higher end subtle tacticool brands that cater to mil activities

id on the sweater?

Shouold be Guerilla Group if I'm not mistaken

cheers

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

>/utg/

lmao

That guy looked sick as fuck.

*teleports behind you*

*unseathes katana from 3RD ARM*

heh nothin personnel kid....

Nani?!

Opinions on these pair?

what about these?

Doc's?
They look good, I like the triple black boots better,

HOL UP FAMPAI I GOTCHU

does anybody have any guides for diy techwear?

Holy crap this info graphics suck!
Rick, Bape and Supreme @ deep sea lvl, I don't even...

>Living in NYC you're going to be the bane to everyone you share space with.
You are overestimating the shit out of how much 'space' layers and bit looser clothing actually takes, not to mention it's still just cloth, it's not rigid metal shell that doesn't give in when needed.
>That looks ridiculous
I know right, but outdoor stores don't really bother to take hip fit pics for their sites

Yeah the acronym presentation videos are so funny, he seems like a massive nerdy dork doing all the acronym-jitsu shit and kungfu moves to camera. But to be honest that's kinda charming, I don't think he takes himself that seriously, reminds me of Rick in that way.

Copped this GoreTex Trench Coat for a Dollar.
Shit makes mee feel like I'm Pastor Bad Touch.
(No, I don't wear it with these pants and shoes. The fit looks horrible)

Pretty good
Where did you find it?
What's the brand?

Holy crap, I know right should be alot DEEPER, wheres the volcom

Got it at a Goodwill, the brand is WeatherTek. I don't think they're around anymore, this thing feels super early 2000's

hey guys is this actually techwear?

No. This is the end result of a character designer's creative process when asked to create young, technologically savvy street-wise characters for a video game marketed towards preteen boys addicted to social media and high fructose corn syrup.

These outfits are basically watered down culture-vulture trash. You can take some minor details and incorporate it into a techwear fit, like the shoes on the guy in the middle, but don't try to copy this piece for piece and call it techwear.

Even though this is a 'le hacker' game, there's nothing explicitly technical about any of their clothes. What they are wearing is just straight punk and/or street.

Get off my block Fernando, this is Bape country

Your shit taste in shoes is matched only by your shit taste in baseball teams.

That's fucking sick please take more pics or sell me it

Another jacket I'd love to own

Other than the face mask, it looks great

cringe

this looks like dogshit

when will the ninja larpers fuck off?

thanks

seriously though, that top looks like ass, what is that guerrilla group?

please enlighten me, what is technical about it? or your prestos, when it rains?

The sneakers ruined it.

>world is flooded
>flyknit racers
could've done better

beta oribiter

thats the point of the meme you dip