Wearing a hat in the 21st century

Is it socially acceptable to wear a hat in the 21st century or does it make you look like a fool?

It 100% makes you look like a retard.

Not that hat. You can wear a hat. Different hats suits different heads and faces though

Baseball cap or beanie

Cowboy hat if you live in the South or are Latino.

>>cowboy hat
>>in the south
Wrong, unless you're a rancher/farmer/any occupation requiring lots of outdoor work not including construction. People will look at you like you're an idiot if you aren't dressed the part. They'll think you're even more retarded when they find out you can't do anything related to farming. Source: i live in the south

Take that back. Right. Now.

If you need to wear a hat the trick is to wear a really goofy contemporary one so no one anywhere will think that you believe you look good.

Gira can do it because he's old and dresses the part for a hat like that.

Where the fuck do you think the south is?

Do you mean the south west?

Even then I'd say you'd look like an ass outside of Montana/Wyoming/The Dakotas, but I suppose maybe in Nevada and Arizona.

What do you guys do if it's sunny as fuck outside and you're going to be out more than five minutes? Baseball caps suck.

I live in Montana, so...

Though, I own inherited cowboy hats but don't wear them. I'm not a rancher and ranchers are really the only people who do.

Put on some sunscreen and wear breathable clothes.

Does Savage look like a retard?

You are not adam savage

Yes

Adam Savage is of an older generation, that's why he can pull it off. When younger men do it, it just looks like they're trying to imitate their granddad. pic related.

im retarded and forgot the pic, shoot me

>you must be x to wear x
stupid example, stupid proposition. grow up please.

I also live in the south. Most people don't look askance at those wearing cowboy hats. Some do. But they're generally accepted.

This. I bought something similar to your pic to wear it everyday (I wear a suit) so it' perfectly clear that is only functional and only as protection from the sun

"you must be handsome" is basically the cardinal rule of Veeky Forums

Americans are funny

He's a ginger. Gingers can get a pass if people aren't ignorant of how ginger skin works: though many people are.

Fuck what it looks like. If it's cold, you want a warm hat. If it's sunny, you want something with a brim all around. (Baseball caps are, and always have been, retarded.) Dark skin is very little protection against sunburn and cancer.

is my hat effay

I would go to the horse races with you/10