Do you guys have a LinkedIn?

> Do you guys have a LinkedIn?
> Are they useful?
> Anyone want to Network & Endorse each other?

Self bump

LinkedIn is shit.

>three pair dubs
what a waste - you can't bump your own thread, newfag.
learn how to properly greentext. probably good place for you to research that would be on reddirt.

It's literally useless

Oh wow, I'm dealing with an expert of the Chan here, forgive me sir.

Fuck off if you aren't going to answer the question, cunt.

Why? What about using it for looking up jobs?

I used to it contact a guy who I wrote down the wrong email of. Almost got an internship but their company decided they weren't having one this summer.

I think its good to use for networking and as a sort of resume other's can see without you sending one in

As someone has been head-hunted on LinkedIn before, I'd have to disagree. It's a great way of putting yourself out there to recruiters without actually doing any work.

I got a job in investment banking from linkedin

I'm not even fucking joking. A recruiter contacted me, one lunch and one interview later I got an offer

It's a good tool unless you are 21 yo with zero experience, which probably is the case of the people blaming Linkedin here.

>Anyone want to Network & Endorse each other?
tfw I created 50 fake accounts and endorsed my own skills and the profile pictures of these accounts are faces I saved from /int/

Endorsements are like Monopoly money. No one gives a shit.

LinkedIn is only good for stalking potential bosses and companies that you want to work for. Their names, where they used to work, schools they went to, interests, etc. You're basically looking for something you can use as leverage to get them to want you.

YOU should have ZERO of your information on there. It's like playing a game of poker. You don't want them to see your hand, but you want to see theirs.

Personally, I think linkedin is a fucking joke. It's another platform like facebook for advertisers to advertise their shit. I betcha the execs at linkedin are laughing to the bank over their "useful website for career development and networking" blah blah blah

I have one.

Literally get recruiters messaging me wanting to interview with their clients every 3-4 weeks (I've been out of school almost 2 years). It's almost annoying, but I guess I don't ever have to worry about unemployment.

Kind of silly not to be on there, you never know when your connections could come in handy down the road.

I only use it to keep tabs on who I know and if they change jobs, it's especially useful for my oneitis, just putting it out there

And if you blow campus recruiting (many of you spergs probably will), LinkedIn might be your only chance of getting a shot at a decent job.

I still dont get the appeal as a student. Every carriers thingy I go to and every boomer workplace important person who speaks at them seems to fucking cream over linked in, like they love it.
I think its just an extended version of a business card. Its a fucking wank if you ask me but if helps me find work and meet people then fuck it..

Endorsements bump you up when recruiters search for those skills. I don't know if recruiters think they're actually worth anything, but the visibility is certainly helpful.

I got an interview in my country's financial centre from a recruiter who spotted my profile on LinkedIn. Was skeptical before but now thinking I should actually fill out my profile properly for when I graduate

It's p. good if you have a decent set of skills to put out on display. Recruiters actively use it to find potential employees to hire on. I've had multiple recruiters from various companies in my field of expertise contact me for interviews or even just to get hired on. I rage quit my job once on a Friday and had a new job by Monday thanks to how stupidly easy Linkden is.

gotten plenty of recruiting emails. some of them led to initial interviews, some didnt lead to anything, some i didnt even bother replying to.

it's what you make of it. it's not some magic bullet site that opens up doors and gives you jobs every day, but it has its uses.

There's a guy who can get you 15,000 linkedin connections for a fee.

i do not have a linkdin but i can testify it is definitely NOT bullshit as some dickweeds here will tell you. i know enough people in person that have landed interviews to jobs that they wouldn't even be considered for if they have not had the right connections on linkdin. one of them is my manager.

The best endorsements you can get is from people that you actually worked with and people within other social circles with relation to the skills you want endorsed.

for example if you are into programming then get on a board and start helping people and participating in open projects, some of the people you will meet there and will get o know you will actually have a real world relation to software companies.

having random people endorse you will not get your profile the kind of attention you want.

I know a guy who can get you 15,000 hot dogs for a fee.

How much is said fee?

This.

If you have marketable white-collar skills, you'll get lots of hits from recruiters, some of which might have legitimate opportunities you're interested in.

It's meh as a social media platform, but fine as a recruiting and compliments a resume very well.

>I think its just an extended version of a business card. Its a fucking wank if you ask me but if helps me find work and meet people then fuck it..

It is kind of a wank, but you're exactly right, it connects you with employers, and boomers cream their pants over it because it's like Facebook for old people, and if you're successful at 50 you can do a lot of linkedin dickmeasuring (job titles, connection numbers, most exclusive networks, most endorsements, etc.)

DICK

Gee bill...

for private sector jobs like programmer/business/finance yes
ask medical doctors/teachers/police/ if they have linkedin

problem is all the pajeets on it spamming useless comments shitting everything up

> Anyone want to Network & Endorse each other?

hahahahaha

do any of you actually do this?