Investing in metals

Thinking of investing in either gold or silver, for the long term. Which is the best option? I'm think gold. Is now a good time to buy?

>invest
>gold or silver
>investment
No.

> 2016
> being this retarded

So for long term what would be a better option?
I have about 5,000 to play with

There is no such thing as investing in precious metals.

You can use them to hedge or speculate, but that shit ain't an investment.

Silver is the best option but, get a little bit of gold for balance. I would say 80/20 is a good ratio. By every single metric silver is waay under priced at the moment and is roughly 75x cheaper than gold, considering that above ground silver is rarer than gold this will have to change at some point.

Don't buy silver or gold to really think about selling out at some stage, buy it to store your wealth. There may be some crazy times financially in the coming years, watch news out of China relating to gold to get a feel for it. But, with DB coming out and admitting it (and other banks) have been fixing the prices of Gold and Silver there has never been a better time to buy.

Sure the price may go lower in the near term, I'd be surprised to see it drop below $1,000 again but, long term it is the only way to protect your wealth. Silver is smaller and easier to convert, plus being crazy cheap, so I would focus there. Some people like to put a bit in Gold just to have some but, most gains will be made in Silver.

Hope this helps to some extent. Oh, ignore the stock-babbies, they don't understand the reasons why you HOLD PM's.

investment and speculation is just shades of grey.

This.

Better to buy into Bitcoin instead.

thousand times more risk ten times more potential gain.

i wouldn't.

imo 70% gold 30% silver

Personally i prefer gold, more liquid and easier to sell.. you lose alot of money trying to sell silver, they have a higher premium because of the labor it takes to process them.

I posted this in ASX thread. But Id like to see what you guys think.
>Big moves in gold and silver price
>China backing their yuan with stockpiling(buying) Gold
>yuan closer to being world currency instead of US dollars
>Major firms like Goldman Sachs etc shorting gold because puppet of US gov (allegedly)
>So Gold &silver now going up because EOTWAWKI (end of the world as we know it)
>Wat do

I was thinking something like this but maybe with platinum?

that's why I started looking into gold & silver. I know not to put all my eggs in one basket but it looks like such a sound way to secure my finances. cause the money in my savings isn't doing anything and there's going to be financial collapse before the election

>thousand times more risk ten times more potential gain.
eemm stay poor and deprecated a faggot

cope

>getting more and more mad with each passing week
Topkek. I'm sure it will recover. R-right?

bitcoin is nothing special i have been studying it for a while and i find it interesting but it has inherent flaws that make it worthless as everyday currency. first of all bitcoin can not be counterfeited is bullshit. it's not durable very easy to destroy it even by accident and therefore it is consumable. easily transactable is a matter of perspective to me it smells like sweaty armpits. scarce is not the word i would use deflationary (which is never a good thing) is.

he thing is there is no other currency that would have major problems if the internet even temporarily splits up. the ensuing chaos would render bitcoin instantly worthless if it happens just once. fore example china splits off from global network for a few days. the chineese mine most of the bitcoin and they have a huge footprint in transactions. the rest of the world goes on happily then all the sellers find their transactions never happened a few days later. the amount of butthurt will probably blow out windows and start car alarms all around the world. it's also about as "smart" as used military boot.

bitcoin works as a system of *wealth transfer*, not currency.

Bitcoin won't replace dollars, but it could easily replace paypal/WU if they don't adopt the technology for itself.

in the end bitcoin will fall under the exact same regulations as these industries so lol. but short term it's a great play.

Also OP yes gold is a great investment given current market uncertainties. %10 of your wealth in physical gold is pretty much insurance against another '08 moment, which is coming.

Personally I'm invested in Vanguards precious metals index, VGPMX, bought ~6.50, currently around $10.50, thinking i might sell it cuz i see gold/silver getting beat down with the markets. But yeah %80 in 4 months is pretty damn good. Gonna make similar gains with bitcoin in due time.

>in the end bitcoin will fall under the exact same regulations
LOL
You can't do a paypal transfer in person. You can with BTC, and there isn't a central authority to hold accountable.

>You can't do a paypal transfer in person. You can with BTC
well if you ever take an offline btc check from someone you win the most retarded prize. you need 6 confirmations at least to make reasonably sure if the internet did not split up in the meantime that you got the btc. it takes from an hour to half a day.

This company has already created over 430 millionaires in last 14 months.

[email protected]........

>he doesn't know about the gold/dow ratio
>he doesn't like making exponential gains
>he doesn't understand market cycles

Stay pleb lmao

Neither.

Buy an S&P500 index fund or Vanguard Total Stock Market, don't touch it until you retire.

Tada

buy gold

trump is going to win the election so you better start stocking your bunker with innawoods with gold and guns for ww3

>exponential gains off gold
Kek.

Jesus fucking Christ. Will you losers stop pumping your fraud? The crypto coins are nothing but pure speculation and you know it's very possible that Bitcoin will be worth ZERO in five or ten years' time.

Silver and gold have been worth something for thousands of years and, in the case of gold, are still being BOUGHT by Central Banks as a hedge for their fiat paper currency reserves.

>you can literally INVEST in a rock

For greatest multiple of your money, silver is probably the better bet. However, the price for that will be greater volatility and greater negative price action in a disinflationary environment.

Gold and silver are both currency metals but, of the two, gold behaves more like a currency.