Watch Thread General

Last one hit bump

>inb4 the tripfag mentions the current year

>looking to cop a classic Casio terrorist watch the F91w or w/e it's called
>all made in China, can find a Jap made one anywhere

what happened? Where'd they all go?

best watch

It's a fucking $10 watch it doesn't matter where it's made.

really like the look of this one.
why would that worry you?

> Get email.
> New watch
> Sweet!
> Look at price
> Damn

Oh, to have money to burn...

In the mail.

Whats the most vietnam veteranesque field watch I can get for sub 75 bucks. Want a silver case, strap is irrelevant as a green NATO is going on it.

That's a nice watch, how much?

is this loud af too

I'm looking for a nice digital watch.
Currently concidering Casio LA680WEA or Casio B640WB.
Are there any other digital watches that are easy to find and look at leat a bit formal?

the Timex one in the pic would fit that description.
there are also more formal looking ones like vintage Seiko digital watches, more modern ones by Junghans, I even saw one that actually featured a digital game by Dugena.

you could also look into smartwatches if you care about the classy aspect so much.

but the B640 Casio is a good idea. I wanted to get one myself.

here's a pic of that Dugena watch by the way. just for fun.

another one I also own is by TimePiece. it has EL backlighting, Alloy casing and even has a mineral glass. but it has shit WR with only 30m, so the B640 would be a bettter choice either way.

this one by Coolife too. it actually has a metal case compared to the b640, otherwise not really better or worse.

this is a Seiko one. probably vintage.

Thanks, great suggestions I'll take my time looking into them.
That Timex one in yoir picture is perfect though.

ur welcome.

Hands down this.
>but its plastic
fuck yes it is but I can say from having worn one for 2 years it is more than durable enough to stand up to the tortures of daily life.
It also has a mechanical movement which makes it cooler than practically anything in the sub $50 catagory. also imo has a much better dial than a seiko 5 or the better known expedition.
>how is it vietnamesque?
od green case, Tom Berringer wore one in platoon
these are seriously the most underrated watches ever

why do people buy digital watches? they're so ugly

Got this as a christmas gift, thoughts?
Initially I was always suspect of shinola for their "made in usa" scandal and the fact they only use quartz movements.
In person though it seems like a decent package, nice strap, hefty stainless case, clean enough dial(less a fan of the orange accent but its subtle in person)
overall how would other anons rate it? Im happy enough with it.

My autism doesn't allow me to read and process analog as fast

Plus, terroristo watchu

My mom has had her Casio digital watch for probably upwards of thirty years now and it probably didn't cost much more than the Timex I had that broke after a year. It also strikes me as a lot less noticeable than an analog watch, somehow, in case perhaps you don't it noticed that you're wearing a watch.

So I've never worn a watch before, would pic related be okay for a girl?

If you want a decent starter watch without being too expensive check out Citizen/Tissot

They make a quality watch and look good.

Or Movado if you like the look of no hour markers

I've been think about getting an Air King, what do you think?

I love simple watches and the most important thing about watches is size, big watches look like shit....I don't get how people buy 42 and plus mm watches....they look weird, completely distroys outfists...
Anyway, beautiful watch, cop it.If you regret it, you can get your money back, so that's a no brainer.

I agree, thanks for the vote of confidence. My gf doesn't seem to like the I'd of my spending 2k on a watch.

>Tissot

More like tossit amrite