Why do rock guys wear thick leather wristbands? I play guitar and never needed one before...

Why do rock guys wear thick leather wristbands? I play guitar and never needed one before. Are they just showing off or being total douchebag posers?

it has no function and it looks creepy

It's just for them to look hard. It's stupid imo but not half as stupid as you for creating this thread.

it's 100% douchebag and poser

what are these even called?

it's called 2004

Well they do have a function. You can wear them while performing activities which are associated with carpal tunnel; playing guitar, shitposting on imageboards... They apply pressure to the tendons in your wrist to prevent cramping.
Those leather ones are probably nice because they can be tightened and don't look like something your grandfather has to wear because of his arthritis. Definitely for show off poseurs though, unless you're sexy and smoke cheap cigarettes whilst living in a metropolitan area.

I guess that last statement was kind of an oxymoron, whatever.

you actually have to play rock and roll for it to be necessary

Ironically carpal tunnel is caused by compression of the median nerve so these things would worsen it if anything.

It makes them feel like they're barbarians.
It's a contadiction. Not an oxymoron.

is like a cockring for the wrist

being this new

What about these?

I saw the Walking Dead too

Black metal ist krieg!

rock is dead, so they're just being IRONICAL reeeeeeeeee!

There was a point when wearing any amount of leather made you look like a badass. This was at the point when biker gangs were a thing to be afraid of rather than a bunch of old rich dudes reliving their teen years. Leather has gone significantly up in price and most "punk" things went mainstream back when most on this board were kids, so this just looks out of date and tryhard now.

how does one look badass nowadays?

kek

You don't. We live in a world where trying to send messages like that through our appearance is rightly deemed insecure.
Or in the right context art. You don't want to look like that kind of art.