Rick owens ramones pink sole

Hi Veeky Forums i've been looking for some time to get a pair of tricky ricky's ramones. Originaly i was going to get a pair of drkshdw ones from farfetch and the like, but i found a pair in good condition from grailed (2014 season).

It was described as never worn, with stickers, perfect condition. It seemed like a good deal ($600 shipped) and they were the mainline ones.

So i bought them but i noticed a faint pink discoloration in the soles in some of the pictures (which i thought maybe was some kind of dirty or whatever) . When i did a legit check (just in case) they told me they were real, since the sole was pink.

When i google searched i found out about an issue with 2014 ricks in which the black color in the leather would get absorbed by the sole which would result in pink discolorations around it.

Now, i'm not sure if 600 was a good price for these taking in account that defect (which i read even RO boutiques were selling with the excuse that it was part of the aging process and intended to do that).

So what would you do? Ask for a refund? Lower the price from 600? The package should be arriving tomorrow so i'm not sure if i should just refuse it and ask for a refund.

Pic related: them shoes.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/ZEtgc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pic from a random pair with the same issue (applies to most 2014 rick shoes)

It's your call m8, if you don't like them send them back - $600 for me isn't pocket change and when I spend that much on a single item it should be exactly as I wanted it.

It's just that i feel that 600 for pink soled shoes, as you say is not pocket change. I was thinking about talking the seller down on the price and beating them to hell but i'm not sure what would a good price be considering the defect.

You can ask for a partial refund, or full refund and return them (can always claim PayPal not as described)
Honestly I would just get over it though it's on the sole, won't be seen 90% of the time

dont buy used shoes for $600 you maniac

kek saw your post on sf

They're unworn m8!

Hello! haha

Well first off before anything else your shoes are a fashion item, as such discoloration is a pretty big flaw - how much that flaw is worth to you is subjective m8, you could search for how much similar shoes with the same discoloration go for or you could just throw out a price which seems fair to you considering the flaw.

IMO message seller, tell him you noticed there was a pink discoloration that didn't appear well in the pics and wasn't described (I'm assuming it wasn't described, right?) - if he wants to, you'll keep them for $100-200 less, otherwise you're sending them back.

I have a bit of trouble since i'll be going out of the US on saturday and they're supposed to arrive on friday and i won't get back in a few months.

It was my first time buying on grailed so i'm not sure what would be the best course of action. Try talking for a discount with the seller (400 for them would be okay?) or should i just refuse to recieve the box on friday? I'm just thinking about what would a fair price be.

>$600 for meme shoes
rethink your life

Yeah it wasn't described. From the listing: Brand new, perfect condition, unworn (original paper stuffing still in shoes, labels still on).
Original box, shoe bags, extra pair of black laces
Leather
AW14 .

In case i send them back i assume i'll have to take the shipping cost back, right?

Eh just keep them so the hypebeast out there wont think theyre fake.

T R I C K E D
R
I
C
K
E
D

Well this is pretty shitty.
The seller says he wasn't trying to deceive nobody and that he's not obliged to give a refund since it was something clearly visible in the pictures.

I wasn't aware until i posted in SF forums. In my opinion the photos and the description don't show the flaw.

imgur.com/a/ZEtgc

It sounds like you are just having second thoughts on the purchase decision in general so are either trying to get out of it or want a discount that the purchase doesn't merit, trying to chisel the price down.

You said in your first post that you saw the discoloration in seller photos and when asked, seller actually said 'the sole is pink'. That's full disclosure IMO. Plus if this is common on the item, be a well informed buyer before plopping down $600 on meme sneakers, maybe?
If I were the seller, I wouldn't refund or discount and if you made a PayPal claim, I'd dispute it.

Sorry, i worded that incorrectly.
The pink sole problem was never disclosed in the original listing. I've noticed light streaks of pink but i thought that it was part of the lightning, and it was just in one picture. The rest don't show the sole at all or it's always in a bad angle. Even the last picture with the sneakers in the box have the paper covering the soles.

When i made a legit check on the Style forums that's when they told be about the issue and i was made aware of it 'It's seems legit since you got a pink sole, just so you know'. That's when i did a google search and found about it. But it seems that it was an issue that was not that discussed (i've been coming to Veeky Forums for quite sometime and other fashion forums and never heard of this issue).

Anyway, seller was reasonable and refunded me 150. So i ended up paying 450 in all, so i guess i'll beat the shit out of them to get the worn sneaker aesthetic.

Good idea.

THIS

I remember hitting multiple boutiques and seeing pairs like this, as well as seeing complaints on this board before.

That said, this is the only season where this had happened. Honestly kinda cool. I have super old ramones with staples in the back and they only did that for 2 seasons i believe. Just beat them to hell

you whining piece of shit, give the money back or return the shoes (at your own cost). YOu had buyers remorse and stamped your feet for free money. Congrats

Wow got pics of those? Ramones def. look best when beaten up and aged.

>$1000 dollar meme shoes
>shitty quality control
Even Yeezys are better than this shit.

Call me autistic, but I dont see any pink

450's a p great price for unworn mainlines, even with the sole issue. have you tried toothpaste or something on them? i havent looked into it much but there might be a way to polish it out

even if there isnt, mainline ramones look better beat anyway (unlike drkshdws imo). i honestly want to buy a pair just to wear to punk shows and out in nature or whatever, that way i can stay tricky without having to worry about fucking up my shoes

Yeah, I remember when this first happened in 2014

Basically, Ramones soles are made to be super porous so they absorb stuff and age in a unique way as you wear them, but somehow the Ramones from that season got stored with something pink and wound up absorbing the pink

It just looks like the lighting is causing a shadow to be cast to me.

>i assume i'll have to take the shipping cost back

The seller should be responsible. He should have listed the defect.

Yea i remember Nahk (I think) saying that Toto basically had all their geos and ramones sitting out on their shelves have this happen because of the bright ass florescent lights they have in the basement.

you got the info before you received the product
your problem now

you could try and return them but that's a shitty thing to do in this case
you had the photos and you knew what you were getting into

It's because of the the angles and the lightning. You can see a bit close to the dark leather part.