WATCHES GENERAL

No /WATCH/ thread active so here we go.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B00HJKKJA0/ref=dra_a_rv_mr_hn_xx_P1300_1000?tag=dradisplay-20&ascsubtag=cb94903ef4377a9d2a894daae74da424_S
theverge.com/2017/2/24/14733228/seiko-chariot-series-watch-apple-steve-jobs-1984-portrait
seiko-watch.co.jp/selection/nanouniverse2017/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_watch
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What do you think of non-functional mods? Pic very related.

I dont even dive and i want this

>Pic very related.
I don't get it

Aftermarket GMT bezel insert on what appears to be SKX007. You'd need fourth hand to actually make to use of it (see picture of an example).

W2C this Citizen watch?

Citizen BL5400-52A

Thanks bro

It's still very much functional; the SKX007 has 60 click on that bezel and the insert can still indicate any minute turn it to like any other would. You can use it to remember what time an appointment, how longer you have with the air in left your bottle, what direction is North, etc. If you think this watch isn't functional as it is, you probably don't know much about watches anyway. Never mind needing a special watch to tell what time it is in
london
o
n
d
o
n

Sure but the point was that someone spent money and took time to mod a watch with a GMT bezel that cannot be used for its intended purpose, i.e tracking additional time zones. I'm not saying there's a rule you cannot do this, but personally I see mods like this kind of tacky.

>what time is it over there?
>6 hours later than over here
>rotates the bezel 24 hour mark six hours counterclockwise
>wow, would you look at that!

How's that not working?

24 hour bezel assumes you have a GMT hand geared for half a speed (i.e circles dial once a day instead of two). Without this, the 24h bezel has no purpose. They should have put in a 12h instead.

You're right I didn't realize that bezel numbers were all fucked. I guess it is dumb in that case.

recommend me a decent or great 34-36mm watch, Veeky Forums.

I found this one and I like it. my only fears with watches are usually:

>ticks too loudly (makes me not wanna wear it)
>second hand doesn't hit the indices correctly (always looks like shit and retarded)

too big for your wrist

is there any luxury watch thinner than 12 mm?

Seiko SGGA25P1 for example.

Just copped this 70's car dealer looking motherfucker. Near-mint condition. Opinions?

Snkl07. Its 38mm but you can't hear the ticks unless you put it right next to your ear.
As you can see in pic related the second hand hit the indices nicely

Pic of mine, it comes with a bracelet

dude, really? if you're trying to help, at least make an effort. that's a 37mm. but it does look really nice.

Not the guy but usually if someone doesn't especially ask for automatic movement, I recommend quartz. The "features" that come with mechanical watch can be very annoying if they come as suprise. I've had people take their new watches to jeweller's because they have stopped running after couple of days in the drawer, and they had no idea why a watch would do that.

How much did you pay for that user?

Its a little flashy for me

no automatic pls. I want quartz.
also have a Seiko 5 already.

>How much did you pay for that user?
$280

>Its a little flashy for me
I know, it looks absolutely horrible. I love it.

>I've had people take their new watches to jeweller's because they have stopped running after couple of days in the drawer, and they had no idea why a watch would do that.

fuck, how retarded can normies even be?

what does Veeky Forums think about mondaine? I wanna get one.

Looks really mundane.

I don't know man, it's pretty understandable. Details of different watch movements is pretty niche information, and automatic watches are often given as gifts. I guess most people would just assume all watches run with battery.

memewatch

the style makes me wanna kill myself because it reminds me of a clock you'd see at the airport or something.

I can't believe that's still considered niche information. it's like mechanical movements never even existed in the first place.

>That's a 37mm
No its 38 :) 44mm lug2lug
Thanks for the compliment though

Sorry forgot i was on Veeky Forums and not /g/

>$280
Oh ok nice cop user

>No its 38

well, the website I was on said 37.
I just want something smaller than that because I'm a wristlet.

SGGA25 is 37mm, listed as 36mm in some places. just misquoted and was talking about SNKL07

Trust me i am too, straight outta auschwitz. 38 is my max though.

Oh shit yeah my bad

supposedly the company actually owns the rights to that standard airport/railway station design. sued apple for having one of their apple watch-faces look like it. I still like it, my inner autistic train kid thinks it's rad and my outer autistic graphic design snob thinks its cool.

true, yeah, I saw his Seiko 5 pic later but I thought it was the other one at first.

>listed as 36mm in some places

alright, fair enough.

you're chiming in on the wrong stuff, m8
or ur just an attn starved person.

is there anything good under $200 that's not a meme? somebody got me a nice daniel wellington and I can barely wear it outside the house.

>supposedly the company actually owns the rights to that standard airport/railway station design.

kek, can you believe it? that's a new level of meme. I mean, if you like it, cop it. It's just not my kinda watch.

>you're chiming in on the wrong stuff, m8
Yeah made me realize lol

>somebody got me a nice daniel wellington and I can barely wear it outside the house.

Well you made a right choice not wearing it, not because it's a meme watch but because it's a shitty 10$ chinese piece of junk.

>anything good under $200 that's not a meme?

well, yes. like pic related but it only costs slightly less than 200 bucks. Pulsar and Lorus are pretty good because they are Seiko owned brands too and Casio makes decent looking analog watches sometimes and I can recommend Boccia Titanium and that Regent watch I posted too.

but you know what Archieluxury always says,
if it's anything less than a Rolex, Patek etc. it's a total SHITTER watch. I think he actually draws the line at Seiko stuff though.

ikr it's like the whole company is just a marketing exercise. a literal monetized meme. I feel so bad for all my friends who pay real money for them.

That's such a beautiful watch, I own an 1815 Up/Down and I was thinking of getting that (alternatively, it's the 1815 Chronograph which is very similar to what I have, but it has the most beautiful non-tourbillon watch movement I have ever seen, bar none).

Omega is the cheap whore of luxury watches.

I have just starting to wear watch and I was settle down with fossil. Is it good with fossil watch or no ?. More details, it's a townsman fossil chronograph

If you have the budget look at a Tudor black bay 36 or Rolex explorer 1

Why would you say that?
They make great watches. I would say the give Rolex a run for the money.

Thinking of getting pic related but I'm not sure if I like the detail on the face.
amazon.com/dp/B00HJKKJA0/ref=dra_a_rv_mr_hn_xx_P1300_1000?tag=dradisplay-20&ascsubtag=cb94903ef4377a9d2a894daae74da424_S
$115 also seems kind of expensive. What are your guys' thoughts?

don't do it. I mean Wenger isn't so bad but
you might as well just get a cheaper watch like a Timex.

Been wearing the same Seamaster Aqua Terra since I got it in the 1999.

Also fuck Invicta.

are you an idiot? you can rotate the bezel to indicate a second timezone

Seiko will sell a limited run of ‘Steve Jobs’ watches from his iconic 1984 portrait.

theverge.com/2017/2/24/14733228/seiko-chariot-series-watch-apple-steve-jobs-1984-portrait

seiko-watch.co.jp/selection/nanouniverse2017/

What is the consensus in here on Michael Kors watches?

I'm poor and I want something cool

Wow the hands isnt too bad on this one. Usually hate seamasters for their oversized hands

>I'm poor
Those aren't that cheap though.
Look at citizen and seiko :)

>Just copped this 70's car dealer looking motherfucker. Near-mint condition. Opinions?

It doesn't look near mint at all. It looks well worn to the point of being near garbage.

"Ayo gimmie dat gramps got a watch after 40 years of service and wore it until he died aesthetic"

You sound pretty fucking petty, bro.

He can polish and restore that watch easily, and then put it on a nice strap. Good vintage piece and it's different. I say high five.

Why haven't you post your fucking casio yet?

How can I make sure I'm getting a genuine casio terrorist watch when shopping online for one from Aussieland? the few brick and mortar stores here sell em for 40-50 so fuck that.

Also the blue trim version(in next post) or this orange trim one?

or this one

I like that it has the minutes on it.

they aren't cool tho...

>fake 10$ watches
why would someone do this?

Orange looks dope

if you're going for terrorist-core, why does it matter if the watch is fake? I can't imagine that terrorists would be real sticklers for that kind of thing

but they are

I asked in /g/ and I'll ask here:

can anyone recommend a nomos that goes with ANYTHING? dress up/down, throw on a nato or a nice leather strap...

does such a watch exist? feedback is appreciated.

now just what the fuck is the 2nd crown at the 10 o'clock position for?

way to ruin a perfectly good watch omega, god dammit.

i have 3 grand worth of 1:1 $500-600 fakes, feels good man

What is the Veeky Forums consensus on terrorist watches?

Assuming there are 48 hours in the day yeah but you could do similar mental gymnastics with a regular bezel

Formula 1 watch is the superior choice.

>forgot pic

just copped this, thoughts?

i like it! I had a modded skx a while ago but eventually moved to a zimbe turtle and a mm300. Still love the skx though

cheap cop

should have done more research before copping but oh well lol

Can somebody give me the run-down on watch movement types? I know about quartz and solar powered but I'm a bit fuzzy on "kinetic" and "automatic." I know at least one of them is the kind that charges itself when you move your wrist or something like that, but I'm not sure if they mean the same thing are not.

Either way, how reliable are those? I feel like the thought that my watch's battery could run out if I don't move around enough would make me kinda nervous, but then again quartz watches have batteries as well that I've simply never had to worry about replacing.

MWC's entire catalog tbqh

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_watch

inb4 poor man's Rolex.

As an user said some threads ago:
"If you own one, you're either a virgin, or want 72 virgins"

I really love the simple look of a Mavado. I wish brand name watches weren't so fucking expensive though

Orient has a cheapish one that looks like that.

I was in the same boat til I bought a Movado and NEVER wore it because it was quartz and impossible to read.

>I'm a man child and I like to wear le minimalist meme watch because I'm sheltered and have no taste: the watch

the crown looks so painful

Whenever I go to the mall the only watches they have are casio and timex. Where do I go to find good watches? Do I have to find some master watch maker in Switzerland?

Seriously, it's literally digging into the dude's hand.

What do you guys think of Speedmasters?
Are they fashionable?

YES
E
S

>le meme moon watch xD
>le NATO strap

Fuck off.

It is certainly more comfortable than the leather clasps

they are a very nice piece, but they are too thick for my taste.

which moon watch is that?

>which moon watch is that?
The greatest kind.

You need yobokies

I like the numbers, if that matters

bland.