/SHAVE/

/SHAVE/

Who here Straight/Safety Razor here?

You can't let knicks, irritation, and ingrown hairs ruin your handsome! Old school shavers get in here with your products pride and all things considered!

Pic Related, but not accurate.
I use the Art of Shaving Nickel Silvertip Badger Brush. It lathers and caresses like a dream. 6 years strong and practically like new.

I actually had fewer nicks and irritation when I shaved with a safety razor than I did with a cartridge razor or electric.

I used to use a straight razor but I get less irritation with a cartridge. I still use a brush+soap though.

Straight razors are too anachronistic for me. I only got a straight razor shave from a barber that knew what he was doing, doing at home was an asspain.

A nice, sharp single blade safety razor, good soap and taking your time is the best home shave IMO. You don't need four blades and a gel strip, you just need patience.

This shit right here.

What soap you using? Ever use oil?

>muh shaving supplies equivalent of wearing a fedora
i remember when i fell for this meme back in the day

I think your autism is independent of your personal preferences in shaving supplies

they are very related

I use an edwin jagger safety razor, speick shave cream and a hjm brush.

your autism probably is

I used to have a Parker, a Rockwell 6s and a few Edwin jagger's

Got rid of them all

Now I trim everything with the stainless steel Wahl beard trimmer

And for a clean shave I just use a Gillette mach3

The fusions I think we're designed for blacks...

Me too that desperate need to feel like you had it figured out and everyone else was fucking up...Turns out I was just autistic..

I bought Merkur and some 100 pack of razors. Best purchase I made, I have very sensitive skin and it's def. cheaper and better than Chinaman shit.

>be me
>dark brown hair
>never grown out facial hair before, decide I'l give it a try
>3 days later, turns out my facial hair is bright ginger
>immediately shave it all off

should I just give up? I don't want to look like a degenerate.

Same dude. Sensitive skin is why I felt the need to take the plunge. I figured there had to be a better way than buying autistic 5/6 blade razors regularly. Then I remembered my research on straight razors and had spent some time at The Art Of Shaving and learned the basics. It's simple, economical and definitely less irritation knicks and ingrown hairs. Face is smooth boys.

I use a straight razor but not for efficiency or anything. So much of it's technique and the rest is maintaining your equipment. You can easily cover the maintenance by using something like a parker SR1 which takes half a safety razor blade which honestly I'd be using if I didn't drop the money on hones, strop, razor etc.

I shave cut throat, takes a lot longer than with a disposable but it's kind of fun.

Never had any problem with cuts, irritation, etc. In that sense it's good but I never had that problem with disposables either.

You can shave as close or lazily as you want, 1 pass takes me maybe 15 minutes including clean, strop, lather, clean, oil.

i ordered a starter kit and hoping this shit helps my acne. I also get 10/10 shaves only with the sharpest of fusion blades, so i'm hoping that i can get same quality shave by changing blades everyday since they cost like 15 cents a peice.

I just use a Gilette Mach3 because I'm poor.
I hate buying replacement blades however because they are usually more expensive than the damn razor itself.

Walmart started making generic versions for the multiblade razors.

I got a DE razor from Dorco for like 15 bucks with a shit ton of extra blades.You can google coupon codes. First time using it and the shave it definitely closer than other blades.

One small minor cut but it was a great shave. I need to get a cheap brush and soap. Is there any good shaving soap for sensitive skin that don't have any fragrance? Thanks in advance.

>What razor should I buy to keep a short beard/stubble?

I've never cared about shaving before. I have the cheapest dollar shave razors sent to me and I've forgot the account/password to cancel it.

I just shave my upper lip every couple of days, shave the rest every week.

I use a safety razor but with ordinary shaving gel. It's just too much of a hassle to make a lather every morning.

That's aesthetic lad go for it