Lawsuit: Starbucks overfills cold drinks with ice

>A federal lawsuit claims Starbucks regularly overfills its cold drinks with ice instead of using the advertised amount of coffee or other liquid in its plastic cups.

>The lawsuit was filed last week in Chicago on behalf of Stacy Pincus, a local woman who accuses Starbucks of misleading consumers. The lawsuit alleges that an iced beverage advertised at 24 ounces contains about 14 ounces of fluid, and that ice isn't a fluid or beverage.

>"A Starbucks customer who orders and pays for a cold drink receives much less than advertised — often nearly half as many fluid ounces," the lawsuit states, adding that the practice is "by design and corporate practice and procedure."

finance.yahoo.com/news/lawsuit-starbucks-overfills-cold-drinks-150701011.html

Holy shit fatty really wants her 24 oz of cream-fat-mocha-whipped Americano.

Or rather, she really wants a reason to sue someone rich, and figured Starbuck's is as good a target as any. If we're lucky, she's not paying the law firm on contingency, and gets royally fucked by the legal bills when Starbucks absolutely rapes her financially by dragging out proceedings for 10 years.

>Giving your money to jewbucks

Overpriced hipsterized politicized garbage.

> (OP)
>Holy shit fatty really wants her 24 oz of cream-fat-mocha-whipped Americano.

Or maybe those of us who use zero sugar and zero cream just want more caffeine, dumbfuck.

On the one hand, she's probably an opportunistic bitch. On the other hand, I'm not about to shed a tear because the "poor wittle employer" got caught shorting customers.

They'll probably give her a relatively small settlement and move on.

I work at this shitty place. Nowhere in any advertisement does anything claim you'll get the entire cup filled with liquid if it has ice in it. Just another stupid American trying to raise a stink

GIVE ME MY DRINK PEASANT
YOU SPELLED MY NAME WRONG TOO
ILL TALK TO YOUR MANAGER NOW PLS
now u get fired lol

I wish. I'm actually on Veeky Forums right now for resume advice so I can land a better job lel

people like her make America a better place

Fuck Starbucks and their scams.

Starbucks customers are the worst because they're all strung out with caffeine addiction.

The ones coming in late at night start yelling about not having the right frappa whip topping or some shit.

Yeah a person that cared about their money that much wouldn't be caught dead at a Starbucks.

But still, good for them for giving Starbucks crap about ripping off people more than they already obviously do.

This is like buying an eight of dro and getting only 3 grams of like dank and then put some stems in the bag. Eights go for 3.5 grams.

This is like subway saying you get a foot long sandwich when really it's only 10 inches long. You think you're paying for this much but really only getting that much.

> America, the lawsuit

America, home of the first world problems.

I may sue McDonald's because the burgers I get are always weird looking and squashed up against the side of the box unlike the advertised product I expected.

I just order no ice if I remember and it's actually abt 12oz basically a soda can

Starbucks has high prices in order to keep out the riffraff. Ripping people off is part of their branding.

>company advertises one thing, delivers something different/less
>customer's fault
Retardicans, ladies and gentlemen.

>Starbucks

This is why I steal coffee from the office with a cleverly concealed insulated bottle :^)

>Nowhere in any advertisement does anything claim you'll get the entire cup filled with liquid if it has ice in it

That claim is physically impossible. I think you need to re-read the article, Jessica.

Been on to this for years. Every time I go to Dunkin for iced coffee I ask for no ice in my coffee. Then I ask for a small cup of ice. The high schoolers working the drive thru never care.

Just suck your boss' dick

Yeah is your fucking fault for believing in marketing unicorns. I am going to sue my local mall santa because he cant fly as advertised.
Fucking stupid white trash

>buy a footlong
>oh wait no actually you're getting ripped off two inches
>subway is a really big fucking company raking in the mula
>"it's the customer's fault for believing what they see on tv"
>/pol/ unironically believes this

>defending your multi-billion dollar employers

definition of keked

>/pol/ unironically believes this
I keked. Heil Hitler.

>a literal Stacy is suing starbucks

top kek

the coffee amount coming out of the coffee machine is the same doesn't matter how much they fill in the ice

if the lawsuit has any basis it will be about those cream and sugar

>the coffee amount coming out of the coffee machine

They pour the ice coffee from a pitcher. It's human measurement.

And with the espresso drinks, they can easily jew you on the shots if they want to.

I absolutely support this. Fuck Jewbucks.

How the fuck could they jew you on the shots?

A standardized amount is dispensed by the espresso machine

You must not read a lot (of advertisements) but false advertisement is illegal and totally worth litigation. Most food products are bought and sold by a unit weight or volume and not giving that amount but charging for it is fucked. When you go fatdonalds and buy a burger it may look fucked up but you can bet that patty weighs the same as all the other parties which is what you're buying. Same with starfucks.

you forgot to mention she's suing for some ridiculous amount like 5 million bucks. she doesnt have a leg to stand on and will probably settle out of court for a coupon.

Anyone who drinks ice coffee instead of regular coffee deserves what they get. How much of a literal special snowflake do you have to be?

>NO I DON'T WANT A BURGER LIKE EVERYONE ELSE, PUT MY BIG MAC IN A WAFFLE CONE PLEASE

I bet this cunt was fat too.

>special snowflake for drinking iced coffee
Kek. Veeky Forums lives in its own little world, doesnt it? I don't even drink coffee but I get why some people prefer it cold. You're fucking weird lol

Coffee is traditionally served hot. Who the fuck would be narcissistic enough to think it makes a fucking difference what temperature the beverage is? Just take it as it is. Don't even get me started about the special snowflakes that go to Hudsons and Starbucks wanting their fancy irish cream/hazelnut/dragon semen shots in their coffee that makes no fucking difference anyway.

>Who the fuck would be narcissistic enough to think it makes a fucking difference what temperature the beverage is?

You, apparently.

This is user is right. It is true she's an idiot for falling for overpriced brand garbage, but it is nevertheless true that you can't willfully decieve consumers by selling something not as promised.

Good luck to the fatty.

>"We're prepared to give you free Starbucks espressos every day and--"
>"I'll Take IT!"

The number of shots vary per the size of the drink.