Anons, what exactly got you into fashion?

anons, what exactly got you into fashion?

My wife got frustrated with me after she realized I couldn't dress myself. I'm slowly learning how to match my clothes and dress like a big boy by lurking effay and getting new button-ups every once in a while.

After meeting a girl on omegle i liked who was into fashion so i got into to try and impress her

I wore literally the same set of clothes every day for a year plus. I washed them regularly and even though I liked how it looked and felt (super worn in and comfy) I felt I needed to expand my wardrobe for a variety of reasons, one being that wearing the same thing literally every day is kinda ridiculous.

who is this hoe, some pics im erect some im disgusted

Some older kids I hung out with were into Rick, Yohji, Undercover, etc. I learned to appreciate it from them. As I got older I finally got enough money to buy into designer fashion.

feeling a need to put myself above others by faking being interesting

I'm attractive but too lazy to get into any shape better than the low end of ottermode.

im really into photography and fashion photography so i learned a lot after going through tumblr for a bit a few years back. i still don't buy designer, not really interested in owning any, but i know a lot about it generally.

I wore flannels, shitty jeans, and boots for like 3 years straight and felt like I had autism

I am a sophisticated human being, and I need to express myself visually to the world. My IQ is so high that I am not able to have a normal conversation with the average human being. Fashion lets me covey my thoughts and ideas to the feeble-minded people who can not grasp complex ideas.

you're fat

I basically always like to play dress-up. I want to try new styles and imagine that I'm the pioneer who people are gonna copy. Usually though it just means I look weird. But that's OK.

I got into punk rock as a kid (never got out actually) and sorta got into the aesthetic side of the culture as well as the music itself. That evolved into a general interest in fashion.
Everything I wear is still punk influenced, but I ended up moving out of the standard band t's and jeans into something a little more stylish.

I loved the arts growing up so I always had some kind of eye for aesthetics, relative to my age of course. My mom would let me pick out my own clothes when we'd go shopping and stuff like that. Then in my teens I started hanging out with kids from all kinds of subcultures, namely punks and graffiti writers. I took bits and pieces from different styles to make my own. It just became another way to express my creativity.

>My IQ is so high that I am not able to have a normal conversation with the average human being

How long have you been telling yourself this? I feel like you probably were awkward growing up and never figured out how to "talk to people" (protip: treat like any other skill and practice it until you get good) so you figured your intelligence was too high to communicate with everyone else. In all actuality you're probably not that smart and possibly on the autism-spectrum. Stop this line of thinking, get outside, and communicate with the world. It's not healthy what you're doing...

t.. triggered brainlet

to flex on a fuck nigga

Want to wear milsurp without looking like a manlet school shooter.

Shit I just clicked on fa

yes this p much

Men are not supposed to be good at dressing himself. To be able to have the instinct for it, you have to have a lot of estrogen.

Inferiority complex

I've loved it since I was a kid but I'm too broke to buy effay stuff.

>why do all my favorite musicians look so much better than the people around me?

yeah, that's why you see a lot of high estrogen men be wear suits amirite

Spaceghostchelsea bro

the new yung m.a. from SoFlo bro

That girl(?) is fuck ugly

got bored of dressing in tees and cargo shorts
decided I liked muh heritage shit because I moved to the northwest and it's generally of good quality
discovered an editorial on Helmut Lang
fell down the hole from there

i dont want people to think i dont think about what i wear and thus present myself as an overgrown 4th grader

so now i basically present myself as flattering as pic related

Veeky Forums is just a couple doors down from /co/

I just want to represent myself correctly. Living in a culture means what you wear signifies things to an extent. I like the control over people's perceptions by taking charge of my own identity

I clicked on the Veeky Forums link by accident while browsing another board, probably /g/.

>tfw to smart to have communication skills

>t. basement dweller

I find most people boring. Mainly because most people ARE boring. The way they dress doesn't help that at all.

While looking at random shit on the internet I stumbled upon avant garde shit. Can't remember the exact details but basically I fell in love with that weird ass shit. Eventually that just exposed me to fashion in general and I started liking it. I also eventually started to appreciate the less wild stuff and next thing I know it's a hobby.

>being this unintelingent

Thank you!! This is why. Not sure when I realized this, I think it was somewhere around sophomore year HS (I'm 20 now). If you don't have style what's the point, every day people look at you and make judgements even if they don't notice themselves doing it.

literally Veeky Forums. i was looking for a new "thing" to get into and to dump lots of money on. Veeky Forums is how i got into music, movies, cars, technology, cooking and more.

got interested in/started learning about fashion watching america's next top model and outkast videos as a kid, then lookbook, now Veeky Forums

fashion isnt a hobby. if you think it is, and you do not work in the fashion industry, youre a massive boring faggot.

Yeah them eye lashes look like roach legs

I appreciate good character designs.

As I got thinner and fitter since I moved out, I thought that I might as well play around with chara designs with myself as the mannequin. After all, creativity is heavily driven by limitation.

A$AP Rocky

holy shit he looked much better then

I'm not into fashion
I'm into context and authenticity

growing up I just cared a lot about aesthetic and not much else

I wanted to stop being the typical HS emo kid

reddit

the cigs are aging him faster arent they

Sadly Sadboys then I saw how fits were made lol then I saw ecco2k and then i discovered Veeky Forums and yeha lol

Sure sounds scientific

I love meme culture and fashion is a very socially pervasive meme. Everywhere you go is someone's style. I want to see what everyone wants to wear.

Not wanting to spend much money on shitty clothes. I stopped shopping at discounters like H&M or Zara and went full thrift, learning about fabrics, stitching, different cuts from different decades and all around style and quality in the process. I'm pretty sure that makes me more knowledgeable about fashion than at least 50% of this board.

Up until I high school I only wore pic related shirts from Hurley, billabong, etc. with baggy hand me down jeans that didn't fit and flip flops and when I got to high school I started taking care of my appearance out of self respect and a growing interest in fashion

Everything else is boring.

Clicked on Veeky Forums once
It got me into aesthetics in general
I'm into interior design now and indie singer songwriters
Also I like Streetwear so I flex on my ex bitch

I got teased in hs for wearing cheap so I went and looked here for clothes that I wouldn't be teased for what I wear

>i dont want people to think i dont think about what i wear
Same desu, you summed it up nicely.

>>still thinking about your ex
>>wants to flex on ex boy friend
Geez faggot

I started for getting girls attention and it sorta worked until i realized what pushed girls away was my rancid personality

Now i just dress nice to mask the fact i'm a raging autist and have no idea of what i'm doing

smoking ages the shit out of you

what kind of bait is this?

I too came to Veeky Forums from /g/, half a year ago
was looking to expand my horizons as my home boards decayed

this guy who i thought was really cool and had a pair of nudie jeans

i liked him alot and he was kinda into entry level streetwear and i remember him making some snarky comment about me shopping at the mall

so it started there and now i can say i dress way better than him. went to get coffee w/ him a couple weeks and realized his fit was trash and always were now that i think about it

all his jeans fit like shit and his shoe game is weak af but i fucking hate streetwear desu so maybe im bias

nice to meet another

What a fucking disproportionate pig in love with herself. I hope she swallows that barrel, cunt is too stupid to understand that a legally purchased semi automatic is not impressive.

I liked playing dress up as a kid and I still do

>I have autism

Is this a mac 10 or a mac 11? I know its irrelevant but im curious

Veeky Forums at age 19

Before that, I was still wearing bootcut jeans.

Being gay

true

being Veeky Forums is too hard
so I decided I would adopt thinspo and only care about abs and clothes

>tfw no gf yet

I'm almost thin enough bros

dat trigger discipline

I watch too many movies and play too many RPGs and I always obsess over the way characters look and it eventually translated into obsessing over the way I look.

Now that I've said this out loud I feel even more autistic.

I wanted to improve the way I dress & look.

Some /k/ guys were making fun of Veeky Forums so I hopped over here to get a laugh, which is how I found out about this place. After a while I got on a self improvement kick and decided it was time to start looking nicer and define my aesthetic.

I had always been really involved in dressing up my characters in video games like WoW, Halo, and LittleBigPlanet

When I got to college I stopped playing video games to focus on school and pussy so I moved that hobby to fashion

Got pretty late into this "be social and not a fucking moron" train and what began as trying to become "normal" turned into building an identity and social standing via clothes. It had a rocky start but I got better. As of now people constantly complement my clothes but I mostly dress well because I'm insecure and I enjoy that even if I'm miserable I'm the best looking person in the room. Granted that I am usually in mediocre company. Good looks aren't a social miracle if your social skills don't match.

When she realizes she fucked up because it's only so long before you go full rick.