I'm going to a formal convention in Cannes next week. I'm American and I'm 20...

I'm going to a formal convention in Cannes next week. I'm American and I'm 20. Would I be able to get away with wearing pic related instead of a suit to give off an avant-garde vibe? Or would people assume I'm a JB wannabe? I have to wear the lanyard they sent me regardless.

is this for film?

i think you would look like a douche. if it is formal and you wear some shit like that you'll feel out of place af

Dressing down to a formal event would make you look seriously affected.

what a garbage shirt

>gets knifed by Virgil Abloh

>looks like a random "blurry meaningless design with like a word or two" t-shirt you'd pass on while shopping in H&M when you were 14
>is actually designer
that makes it even lamer

Where do you think H&M is getting their designs from?

I always just assumed they slapped a few images together in photoshop and called it a day since most people don't seem to care about what's on their graphic tees anyway

H&M and Zara blatantly rip off designs from what is trendy in the designer world at the moment. It would be ridiculous not to acknowledge the effect brands like Bape, Off White and Undercover have had on the shit H&M puts out

Jesus fuck lurk more

Das raciss

I mean I'm pretty sure they've had shitty designs like this for many years, before offwhite was even a thing

are you fucking retarded? a graphic t will not make you look avant-garde

you prolly don't have to wear a full suit but don't wear a fucking graphic tee lmao. It won't make you look "avant garde", it will literally just make you look like you decided I wear a graphic tee to a formal event. Smh.

What event are you attending ?
Is it at the Palais des Festival ? Because if it's there, I don't recall any upcoming events an American would be interested in that is not Festival de Cannes related.
Nobody will assume you're a JB wannabe, nobody really knows him here beside young girls.
Also everybody wears graphic tees, but I don't often see Off White, so you'll probably feel avant garde even if you're not.

Go for a techno interests me fit:
>black or white slim fitting mandarin collar shirt
>black or grey cropped skinny jeans
>nice non-boring pair of glasses
>boots/sneakers (e.g. Ann Demeulemeester, CP, even Stans if need be)

>I'm going to a formal convention
>should I wear a t-shirt?

>crew neck graphic t-shirt
>avant-garde

I don't think that word means what you think it does

You're wrong. Over-priced t-shirts with a graphic and designer logos are at the advance guard of fashion. What the FUCK do you know, HUUH?

>but muh Caravaggio

do it this actually impresses arch-prof types, makes them feel included in youth culture lmao