ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GLjyJw3CYuE
youtube.com/watch?v=b45jpDpXCtI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...

First for freshies are besties

pleb. you people make me sick

>you don't like what I like kill yourself!!!!!!!!!
Top kek

Who else hyped af for this potential masterpiece dropping later this year?

Best for summer yeah, maybe late spring but not now senpai. Wear something warm and sweet.

You can already get them on fragrancebuy, I already have a bottle of Neroli.

Bois du Portugal is god tier

Anyone have a fragrance that they absolutely love and is on their to-buy list but for some reason always gets passed over? For me its Prada Amber Pour Homme

My gf when I was like 14 got me a bottle of this as a gift. For some reason the colour of the juice itself is amber though, no idea why. Was the original formulation amber? It still smells good so I don't think it 'went off'

is it a bad decision to buy a recommended perfume off the internet without smelling it personally first? i am clueless for interpreting a scent from a list of adjectives. i just want to buy a simple/nice perfume as an entry-level starter kit (i was thinking 24 gold oud edition)

I will tell you, the 24 Gold line is very strong. I have the original 24 Gold and 2 sprays on my neck was enough to make my Dad complain that he could smell me "a block away" when I went to dinner with him a while back. It's not a scent I would blind buy, personally.

That said, depending on how your financials are, it's not the end of the world if you buy a reasonably inexpensive bottle and don't like it. I would start with something a little safer, though. Something more fresh and inoffensive. 24 Gold Oud is probably not something you'll be able to wear everyday or in a work environment.

It's not uncommon for juice colors to change over time, that said there is a female version that has a more amber-y juice color

I have little to no sense of smell, so I just bought a handful of samples off MyPerfumeSamples, and asked some friends to rank / comment on each one.
Between the feedback I decided which ones to end up actually buying.
Went off the online reviews to determine when and where it'd be an appropriate situation to wear each one.

Yeah my juice is that colour, but it's definitely amber pour homme, says it on the metal and the style is the same as the male one
guess it must've just changed over time

Fragrances that smell like pic related? Nostalgic, melancholic, longing etc.

I hear Dior Fahrenheit smells a lot like that.

Has anyone tried Lancome Hypnose Homme?

What do you guys think?
It's my daily and I get mixed opinions from it.

Can someone tell me more about this? I'm about to blind buy but don't really know what to expect.

It's very much entry tier but a crowd pleaser. Extremely macho in that late 80's kind of way with no subtlety at all. It's good for clubbing if you're into that sort of thing but I don't find it authentic, it just screams for attention.

Bleu de Chanel parfum is the best. I just keep buying massive bottles of it. Never smelled a fragrance so understated, yet refined. Smells like you're on the fucking red carpet.

A classic, but too classic. Has many imitators that do it better. Nothing unique about it anymore, and it kinda went out like 20 years ago. Pretty much only greasy Persians wear it now.

every middle aged male nurse wears this at the hospital im at

What smells like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=GLjyJw3CYuE

I love the scent too.
Fuck the haters

I haven't smelled it but from what I've heard it isn't their most universally acclaimed. Take from that what you will

wait, there's an aldehyde one? what city is that for?

Aldehyde 44 is Dallas.

Because of , I visited my local fancy Nordstrom (not to be confused with your ordinary, garden variety Nordstrom) to sample their higher end smellies.

The sales rep was totally unaware that Pour Monsieur existed, and the store only had an old Cologne concentrée tester. Sales girl had to leave the department for ten minutes to go find a bottle for me, and in the end they only had the 2016 formulation in EdP concentration. I bought it more or less blind.

Pour Monsieur EdP 2016 is pretty great honestly. The top notes are classic and remind me of Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, but the heart and base are creamier, mossy and almost powdery. I have been getting 7-8 hours with decent projection.

After paying for my new Chanel, I got to sniff a few Frederic Malle bottles and sprayed mouilleuttes of Musc Ravageur and Portrait of a Lady. I also sniffed the entire Le Labo line for the first time. The Le Labo dude was nice and gave me samples of Santal 33, Thé Noir 29, and Vetiver 46. I've only worn the Santal thus far, but it's really impressive. The longevity and sillage are Bond / Creed level or better. I can see myself collecting most of the line.

Is one spray of Joop Go enough? Just on my wrist then rubbed together? I want to get my money's worth here, from a 100ml bottle.

At least one spray on each side of the neck, but you'll still have to reapply after 4-5 hours because of it's mediocre longevity. You'll definitely get more than your money's worth because it will last you at least 8 months of everyday usage with a 100 ml bottle, especially when it's a cheapie like Go.

>spray wrists once and rub together
This meme needs to die

My mum bought me some cheap eau de toilette from the poundshop that just smells like deodorant.
Should I use this up first? Or switch between that and something nicer?

Wearing 4 sprays of 24 Gold Oud at work today and owning it. Neck, chest, and pits. It's as strong now as it was five hours ago. Sweet, woody, spicy, and more sweet.

That said, it's not a scent for every day and all seasons. It would be too cloying for the summer heat. It is an excellent fall-winter and evening scent though. You could make it part of a two-bottle rotation along with a versatile warm weather scent.

If I had to choose a single frag for year round everyday use it would be Mancera Gold Intensive Aoud. It frequently goes on sale for under $100 and two sprays typically last for 24 hours.

>pits
Wtf? Did you actually spray an edp on your pits instead of a roll on deodorant?

Versace Blue Jeans

This. Why the fuck would you ever do this? People can't smell it anyway, and it's not gonna work like a deodorant. That dude must smell fucking nasty. The whole room probably reeks of BO and oud.

This shit is not AXE body spray, who the fuck puts cologne on their pits?

>cold day out
>Gonna be a long work day
>4 sprays of Spicebomb
>hot af milf client meeting
>wow you smell really good user
>thanks, so about your papers...
>10 mins
>what's the name of that cologne user?
>never give out what you wear
>it's a custom blend
>she stares at me
>fuck I just want to finish these papers focus lady
>finish and shake her hands and walk her out of my office
>user you wanna have a coffee sometime?

Based Victor & Rolf doing jaded young professionals all the work

I use a crystal deodorant first and apply scent afterwards. I don't require antiperspirant and this way there is no scent conflict.

Did you smash?

Oh shit lmao I think you just sold me on this thing

Please. A strong EdP is best applied under clothes so that it radiates gently rather than blasting away on exposed skin. I frequently get noticed wearing only on pits and chest, as these are especially warm places on the body.

Can confirm loads of compliments for this perfume.

Also I love wearing it while drinking coffee and getting whiffs while sipping and I don't even like cinnamon that much.

not yet this only happened today, she has kids in high school that met me and know me well I don't want to be that guy tho.
Also her daughter complimented me one day on Mont Blanc Individuel like 3 times in an hour.

Well, friend, while I respect your opinions, no matter how objectively wrong they may be, it looks like we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

This or HW Rocky Mountain?

>high school aged daughter

>not telling everyone it's Axe
Get it together.

>wanting anyone to think you use AXE
>ever

>not sending people who compliment your fragrance into a spiraling depression because they think they unironically like Axe and gave compliments to someone who wears Axe
>not sending kids too young to be embarrassed about liking Axe on a wild goose chase to find one that smells like your niche parfum

But, I mean, then everyone thinks you wear AXE. I mean yeah, it's cool to fuck with people, but like, you got your own reputation to worry about, you know? I would feel like a complete piece of shit if people thought I wore AXE.

On paper that sounds devilish but in reality it'll lower your prestige that you're wearing something middle schoolers use. You're better off saying it's only aftershave.

Do they make a sandalwood-heavy frag to wear during Spring and Summer?

If so, I'd like the name of it.

Alright bros. I'm heading to Amsterdam soon to fuck bitches. I'm only planning to bring one frag with me. I usually bring Creed MI, and the ladies all seem to like that one, but I kinda want to mix things up a bit.

Suggestions?

Is this the most effay bottle ever made? Also now that it's getting warmer I've been wearing this and the bitches love it. That mint note is fresh af

What do you own?

I love Eros and I love that bottle. Only thing that rivals it IMO are some of the Amouage bottles.

Creed MI
Creed Royal Water
Amouage Jubilation
Versace Eros
Spicebomb
Creed Virgin Island Water
24 Gold
24 Ice Gold
Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Bunch of random cheapies

Aventus
v
e
n
t
u
s

Don't much care for Aventus, actually. I had a decant, it doesn't really smell good on me. The fruit notes get buried.

Versace Eros

The only thing with Eros is it is very strong, I know the girls don't like it when they get a guy wearing something really heavy. They wind up smelling like his cologne all day.

If you like Spice Bomb then Creed's Royal Oud is also fantastic despite being wildly overpriced and not being that much of an oud scent.

I'll get a sample next time I order a batch. I'm not bringing Spicebomb with me, though. Don't want that bottle in my suitecase when I'm flying. Could be bad.

t. headache

Don't have Eros but Versace pour Homme gives me a headache if I apply more than 2-3 sprays. I replaced it with the equivalent Chanel and won't go back to Versace.

PM

Are there any really good oud/sandalwood frags that are relatively cheap? Like under 100$ or so (under 100$ on the discount sites like fragx).

royal oud may be the best I sampled so far

Are there any good futuristic smells? I don't mean those anti-perfumes that smell like ozone and metal.

Underrated. All your basenotes aficionados would lose their shit over it, if you slapped a guerlain name on it.
Expensive niche scents are a let down 90% of the time.

The future is cold and ozonic and metallic, unless you mean a modern smelling fragrance

Otherwise I suggest Unsound Ephemera but they're probably anti-perfumes, per se I didn't like them. They're only good if you apply them to a concept of some sort.

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab makes a few sort of sci-fi themed oils, if that's your thing.

>custom blend

jesus christ, talk about autism, what does it matter if you tell them what it is? grow up

looking for an every day scent
almost 24 years old
jeans, boots, t shirt most days, shorts if it's hot and flannel if it's cold
somewhat muscular
texan

i think something in the less formal side of the oriental family would work well.

+: woods, resins, leather, fresh, green, amber

-: spices, fruits, food smells

sex appeal is sort of a factor

the scent equivalent of this:
youtube.com/watch?v=b45jpDpXCtI

thanks for any input

Amouage Memoir Man

Heading to Chicago next week, gonna be looking for a summer scent. Here some info:

>Male
>$150 max
>Spring/Summer
>Casual
>I would prefer something niche, I don't like wearing popular scents very much
>Synthetic and fresh notes are my favorite in the warm weather

Some scents I enjoy: CDG2, Odeur 53, Frank No.1, Escentric 01 and Molecule 01

cdgstandard

as in CDG x Artek Standard? I'll have to try that out, seems interesting

me on the left

Aventus desu lad

Is this the essential vaporwave scent?

Fuck no you dont. That shit is disgusting and should only be worn by greasy arabs. In fact, anything but reflection by amouage is unwearable to most people under the age of 35.

My recommendation is to go for something along the lines of dior homme intense/parfum, d&g the one edp, midnight in paris (bit powdery though), amouage reflection man, atelier cologne tobacco nuit, or if you can afford it Tom Ford oud wood

Hi Jeremy

I love Aventus, but he said no fruits.

Terre d'hermes, possibly the eauTres Fraiche
Creed Green Irish Tweed

Adds to the allure of the scent and makes it a "his scent" rather than brand no. 5 that I can just buy online, it's a Victorian era etiquette as well, people should generally never ask it's a private thing, imagine asking a girl what deodorant she wears.
Also I ain't advertising a brand unless I get paid for it.

Invictus by Paco Rabanne, trust me.

24 Gold, never more than 2 sprays. You're good for the night.

Suggestions on base notes that have a citrus smell?

I really like my top and middle notes, but I'm looking for a citrus base note to complete the cologne.

For the record, I have the following base notes and I hate them:
>Copaiba Balsam
>Cedarwood Himalayan
>Ylang-ylang

I like them but I hate it when a house uses the same design with tiny variations, comes off as lazy.

Not the strongest note in the composition but it's definitely there.

>finally got some la nuit de l'homme
>doesnt instantly give me a boner after smelling
>wonder if the reformulation was really that bad (its a 2016 bottle)

Hopefully everyone else likes it at least.

The smell is the same just the performance is now trash

I have a late 2016 batch and it's back to greatness, lady killer.

seconded, it's golden

Kind of a newbie, been wearing invinctus by paco rabanne up until now and I hafta buy a new one. Is pic related any good? I'm looking for a perfume with spring-ish vibe, somewhat nocturnal. (maybe a bit goth) My favourites are Fahrenheit by dior, invictus, memoir man by amouage

Pic related is pretty good. Nice citrus with an earthy resin backdrop. You may want to look into the EDP concentration

Summer scents: Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio Profumo or Christian Dior Sauvage?

Both but if I had to choose one ADG profumo, sauvage is stealing all the heat so it's WAY more popular. ADG profumo is also more classy/mature