Is it possible to make a first year university room Veeky Forums? Or other similarly limited spaces

Is it possible to make a first year university room Veeky Forums? Or other similarly limited spaces.
Pic related: mine
Bearing in mind lack of space, inability to paint walls, ugly carpets, no money etc etc

j u s t p o v e r t y t h i n g s

no not really

Brookes confirmed

literally who?

Proud for your room,
you never seen Russian university room

It doesn't look that bad. It looks pretty clean at least. Get different bedding and curtains and that lamp looks ratchet. I'd get a shoe rack and some art posters too.

>Paying $100k to live in this

>thinking I'm a yank

where you from brah?

Uni in Sheffield my guy

Ah, I'm aussie

What's the student loan situation like there?

Pretty dire, I got p much the cheapest halls in this joint and after rent I got about £300 left for the whole year

Generally speaking - it's doesnt look that bad all things considered.
However I'll post some recommendations all the same:
-That floor lamp in the middle of the room doesnt do you any favors.
-Get two portrait prints the same size as your mirror on the side wall of your bed and another one on the wall at the head of the bed.
-Get a shoe rack or some other storage for your shoes.
-Get rid of the yellow blanket.
-You got some plant; which is good. Keep that up.

looks pretty comfy. way more Veeky Forums than my shithole off campus student apartment i'm currently living in. i didn't even bother to decorate because i'm leaving asap.

i had a pretty sick room, kind of like yours but en suite, i got really into mood lights, lava lamps etc

my advice is to keep it minimal, keep surfaces as bare as possible, just have small touches for character because its a small environment you want it to look bigger

print out some cool artwork like Leif Podhajsky, and print it on glossy paper, stick it on your wall and with mood lights, it will look literally incredible, my friends and i used to do drugs in my room and just have crazy light shows, but the leif podhajsky prints i had were the best by far, and pretty easy to do

My dorm room is pretty Veeky Forums I think.
I guess I'll buy a plant tho.

Posting my student apartment.
Already got rid of that "wall tattoo" thing and the pictures

Any advice on how to make it look "darker/mysterious"? Gonna invite some girls over and i'm into techno. Already planning to get a print of böcklins toteninsel

Dude your dorm actually looks pretty Veeky Forums compared to most college dorms

Also, which plants would go with that picture?

You in Stephenson? Nice job with the room btw. Its hard to make them look nice

Nah endcliffe luckily, stevo is basically prison tier
Also diyd a shoe rack, was a good shout

idk how to make ikea look mysterious
I said last time you need to rearrange that ugly ass room
it also seems like it has way more furniture than it needs

snap

are you at UOB?

that looks so tacky it unreal

Kys if you consider this poverty. There are people that can't afford food or shelter. Fucking triggered

w2c those lights

word is most of the students in the north are basic as fuck, true?

Agreed. Try and get a coherent theme going, which is easily done with patterns and color schemes. For example, a rug that matches a decorative pillow. It looks like you could do with some wall decorations, too. I'm not sure about your tastes and budget but society6's tapestries are a good place to start if you want something brand new. You can dig through thrift shops and try your luck, too.

>pretty Veeky Forums
Please put that cord behind your desk and not to the side like a tasteless neanderthal.

Other than that I like the coherence and lil touches of blue (even though that probably was not intentional). What kind of plant are you thinking of getting and where do you want to put it?

woi bristol man in here

A pothos is always a good choice since they're very low maintenance and inherently nice-looking with their speckled leaves. They're known to clean up the air well too so put them on a shelf in the kitchen and let the vines tumble down for a "rustic" feel, or break the leaves off every now and then to keep it trimmed.

A blacklight, maybe?

Bristol is the most effay city in England, no doubt

Sorry ;_; I took the photo the first day.
I like blue, but it's semi-intentional cause it's the colour of our university.
>What kind of plant are you thinking of getting and where do you want to put it?
Maybe pic related?

This is my room in Japan for when I study abroad... Any improvements you would make?

sorry for the low image quality, the company is full of monkeys that dont know what 1080 is

You know how in movies when there's a huge evil corporation meddling with secrets mankind was not meant to know and everything is bright fucking white and empty and it creates a cold feeling of unease? I think you should go with that. Like get some lights that are cool or with a slight blue tint and keep everything super clean and empty and use cool colors and lots of glass and white plastic for anything you have hanging around.

I feel like you need a plant or at least one thing on that shelf to add a personal touch. Also, maybe consider changing out that warm green curtain to something that compliments the bedlinen better, or changing the bedlinen to a warm color, since everything else in the room looks like it's a warm color, and bedlinens are usually super cheap.

oi shit hello there

I may be biased but Sheffield tends to be pretty chill, I'd say it's more north face puffers and reebok classic ketamine chicks in Leeds and Manchester but Sheffield seems to have avoided some of the hype
UoB is like 40% private(don't quote I cba to look it up), my sister went there and said it was saturated with tossers, cool city tho

Way too much furniture bro.

Those plants look like they're hardy and big enough so it won't look like you're a basic bitch who bought a succulent on a whim and it dies 2 weeks later due to overwatering. Keep in mind the general rule, the bigger the plant leaves, the easier for it to keep alive since they're better adept at getting sunlight (think of all the foliage on the jungle/forest floors that thrive in the shade). I'd say go for it! You can also ask Home Depot's gardening section for advice and purchase some miraclegro to help your plant thrive, as well as get a prettier pot/something that'll match your room c: