Why the fuck are you all so broke?

Seriously /biz answer this for me, Why the fuck does everyone seem to be broke, There are countless articles that follow along the lines of "Living paycheck to paycheck" or "Having no money left over at the end of the week". Is everyone just retarded, Working jobs that pay fuck all then deciding to have children to worsen their problems?

I'm 20 years old, I work a normal job with a normal salary, I don't cut out all my expenses, I budget efficiently and have fuck loads left over, Just last week I flew to australia to go clubbing with friends, I was raised in an absolute normal environment where everything was worked for, No flash cars, No eating out, nothing.

So please explain this to me /biz and maybe share some of the problems you face that result in you having hardly anything left from your paychecks.

>So please explain this to me /biz and maybe share some of the problems you face that result in you having hardly anything left from your paychecks.

Well I can't speak for everyone but I can give you two reasons.

For me I live in a low salary area (Pittsburgh) with massive nepotism in getting the jobs that we do have, so it has been very hard to get employment with my accounting degree. And even when you do you might get a $14/hr bookkeeper job or something like that.

On the flip side I know a guy who got a job with our county (because of who he knew) and made lots of money. He saved up a lot of money and blew even more going out to dinner every night. Obviously though there isn't enough jobs like this for everyone here. County pays double to triple average salary here.

When I was poor it was because my family was leaching off of me.

Sad but true.

A lot of people are just stupid though.

Yes people are fucking stupid mostly.

I earn around the same yet after paying rent, food, utility bills, Life insurance etc, I'm still left with a few hundred every week and I have an emergency fund in the $10,000 + amount and live fairly comfortably yet I still see so many people in huge amounts of debt. I don't have any qualifications whatsoever and yet I still may be getting a pay rise to $18/hour within the next few months.

>People are stupid
This is what I'm thinking too, So many around me are in huge amounts of debt, Most of them haven't purchased a house or have ever gotten a student loan and are still racking up $50,000 + in debt.

>yet I still see so many people in huge amounts of debt
I don't know then. Latest news says that people aren't spending much money and it may send us back into recession.

Interesting, Let's hope it doesn't hit the businesses we have work in xD

Bad judgement usually. Doesn't even have to be chronic lack of judgement to boot... fucking up just once is bad enough to financially ruin most 'households".

If for whatever reason you're strapped for cash and take out a loan you've already dug the hole and are hard at work building the coffin.

If someone doenst have the money to buy x or pay for y and has to take out a loan in order to pay for it you can sure bet your ass that the next time x or y has to be payed that person doesn't have the money either.

Debt is cascading. Rolls out of control really easily and is more often than not taken on as a last ditch effort to keep your head out of the water. Which is the most shittiest time to do of course.

Because I'm forced to buy healthcare and since I'm sick all the time that means less monies.

sometimes people are irresponsible and indulge when they shouldn't which snowballs and that's their life
sometimes people are just ignorant.
but sometimes, it's just plain old shit luck.

think about the wealth division in the world and how the consumerism is sustained. it requires a big portion of the world to be poor in order to keep the cogs oiled. while a big portion of them is self blamed many are just born into it or sucked into it due to circumstances.

>If for whatever reason you're strapped for cash and take out a loan you've already dug the hole and are hard at work building the coffin.

oh god THIS is so common it kills me.

>loans = free money

then they cry about how bad life is treating them.

you know who life treated him bad? some poor sap that was born into a household and by the time he was 19 he had a fuckton of debt on his name because due to father's health issues. that's a person life treating badly

if you took out a 20k loan to buy a 20k car because you had 0$ to finance it your own? then fuck you!

What if I take out a loan to buy a stock?

>I've been doing this lately and it is fun

i'd say it's a dangerous play but if you know what you are doing then may the force be with you.

most people (including myself) will end up shooting their own anus off with this method

because the fucking retards got shitty meme arts degrees in fields where jobs are nonexistant and they use their starbucks barista salary to pay off their loans and send the rest of their salary to Bernie in hopes that he saves them. not to mention they decide getting married and shitting out a bunch of kids while they dont even have their own shit together is a good idea which puts them even more into the hole forcing them to take out loans and max out credit cards, which would be an acceptable necessity but 99% of the time theyre using the loans and credit cards for shit that doesnt even matter because "lol i could sure use another fucking bigscreen tv".

Have you even browsed Veeky Forums for more than 30 minutes? Half the posts are

>waaah rich are thieves
> >being a wageslave
>how do I scam X?
> >working for millionaires
>etc etc
People are fucking dumb and would rather bitch about their situation or try fast and dirty methods than actually fix it. Just like fatties.

>Why the fuck are you all so broke?
Because excess savings -> economy dies
Businesses and government alike are fairly obviously in favour of the economy not dying, so they encourage and otherwise use their not inconsiderable resources to ensure the poors spend their money rather than save & invest.

Here's a good example I tell my friends.

>Have friend, works as cook
>Long hours, net salary $2600/mo
>Car, boat, motorbike, Iphone, Macbook, 800sqft apartment alone.
>Pays all monthly
>Barely has any money left in end of month
>Was out clubbing with him last saturday
> He spent $2000 on drinks

He basically emptied his account to buy alcohol. He would've bought more if he could. Before he used to take those miniloans to buy more drinks.

Only to impress other people...

Also another reason is that poor people don't invest, so they just keep the cash in their bankaccount and it never grows.

Personally speaking:

Graduated just after 2008 and my career path was having a heart attack at the time, hiring nobody.

Had to take a shitty job with low pay and no prospects. Job required a car, then there's food, rent and student loans to pay for, leaving only a very small amount left over each month to save.

Zero luck changing into other fields without a degree in it (the UK seems to be particularly fussy for this).

After several years, had saved up enough to go do a Masters program and switch fields. Not enough money for a good program or school though.

Now finished. Without a top program from a top school I'm unlikely to get a good job, but maybe I'll get something that at least lets me move out of my parent's place and eventually earn a decent salary.

For me its because my parents pulled me out of 3rd grade. We were poor and I was often starving as a child even though my father was a civil engineer(I'm in a third world country) and I was physically disabled since birth which caused me to not be able to attend college (also I couldn't get a loan and my parents are poor)

I can't get a job because I'm handicapped and people like me have no rights or reservations in my country.

There is no disability either. I frankly have no idea how I'm going to support myself.

I couldn't even afford my medication(I need blood transfusions every two weeks) if it wasn't for my dads medical insurance(they will only cover me for another year I.e. until I become a legal adult age 21)

Also my mother is a violent schizophrenic and has to be restrained multiple times a week.

There you have it user. Not everyone is retarded, some of us have actual problems you privileged prick. Just because your daddy and mommy were well adjusted adults who played for your education doesn't mean everyone else had those opportunities as well.

Even the phone I'm writing this on was given to me by my friend who is a professional thief. (No I'm not a nigger and neither is he)

>(they will only cover me for another year I.e. until I become a legal adult age 21)
You got a very short runway to start making your own money. Unless its a so so 3rd country where the medicines you need are locally produced and subsidized, you know whats gonna happen. No idea what I can tell you. Your typed english is fine, you should try to get a skype support job for an online company. Try online pharmacies that deal with american customers sending them generics from India. No specific one I can think of, google it. Either that, or buying local stuff and reselling it from higher price abroad. Might not be doable if the postal system is shit.

>Most of them haven't purchased a house or have ever gotten a student loan and are still racking up $50,000 + in debt.

Are they just going nuts with their credit cards or something?

>Life insurance
how many kids do you have?

how old?

a symptom of a free market fucking over its workers. Private sector jobs used to pay way more than government jobs. its now the other way around everywhere in the country.

Jesus christ man. At least you're in uk, so your debt burden isn't crippling like here in the states, but this is all too common for people I graduated with (escaping the bad exerting by taking the "free money" for grad degrees).

Rather than hustling to get ahead, they retreated back to academia. It's why I'm the youngest one in my office and making 6 figures while all my friends from school are just now upgrading from their entry level shit gig for the same money I was making 5 years ago.

Nothing beats hustle and understanding money. Nothing. Not some piece of paper, not book smarts, not nepotism. It all comes back to you eventually. If you're not properly equipped to handle the lean, you'll never truly enjoy the fat.

Let this be a lesson to you kids; money talks. Everything else is bullshit. This is true for all types of investment. You want freedom? Get money. Keep it. Invest it.

I'm broke because I have a low risk tolerance and can't figure out what to invest 50k

self pity much?
i don't even know a single person that works in "his field" grow the fuck up and take life on or be the miserable cunts you sound like

area not good enough? move the fuck out!
job not good enough? quit the damn thing
no options? make your own.

what the fuck is wrong with this generation? i've read so many "baaaawwww" posts the last hour on this board i'm starting to understand why all those useless unproductive 9-5 jackasses in office think they are entitled to a raise.

holly shit Veeky Forums! holy shit!

>what the fuck is wrong with this generation? i've read so many "baaaawwww" posts the last hour on this board i'm starting to understand why all those useless unproductive 9-5 jackasses in office think they are entitled to a raise.

This board is /r9k/ dude.

I see you are new. It's best to leave. This board fucking sucks, people just whine all day. All you hear is excuses, not solutions or plans of action.

Is this bait?

Well, I had three big hits. One, I was working for the government when the recession hit and my pay was frozen for several years. Two, I started a business that was slowly impoving but was inventory-focused. Three, I had a few bouts of unemployment due to working at idiotic companies at the same time my business started to slide.

I went back to government, which, while steadier, was a pay cut and started winding down the business. Problem is, I had outstanding orders due to constant delays and they all hit in two massive dumps right before and right after Christmas. Both worthless times to have inventory...and the sales slide steepened.

I am just about out from under orders but I feel like I can't move forward. I save up money for a tradeshow....and my dog gets sick (and dies). Tax refund comes in...and auto insurance comes due and I miss the deadline. Or my biweekly paycheck comes 2 days after 3 monthly bills are due and I have to choose between late fees or overdraft fees. The profits I'd saved to repay myself disappeared into outstanding orders when sales stopped. I'm not shopping, I have no cable bill, my car is 14 years old, etc.

I take a long hard look at every debt reduction trap dangled in front of me via the mail. But I know they're scams that'll just wreck my credit so I just try to muddle through this.

>is everyone just retarded,

Short answer, mostly yes. You have to remember the average iq of population in western countries is ~100. That's not too high lol. Really. 100 iq people are just so damn slow, and you don't even realize this if you have higher than average iq and you compare yourself to your friends who also have higher iq. But the common people, they are really fucking stupid in general

>last week I flew to australia to go clubbing with friends
What a tremendous waste of time and money. You have no right lecturing Veeky Forums when you exercise such poor self-control and irresponsibility.

>tfw scored a 125 IQ as an 11 year old on a proper test to determine if I could skip a class in school
>tfw scored a 148 IQ on another proper test administered through my uni recently at 19
>mfw I have to explain something more than once to some average IQ mouthbreather
>mfw grown adults actually have trouble calculating fractions and percentages
>MFW PEOPLE HAVE STRONG YET TOTALLY UNINFORMED OPINIONS

reeeeeee normies fuck this gay earth etc

>Why are you all so broke
>articles

Are you talking about threads on Veeky Forums? Because my guess would be people who are struggling with finances come to Veeky Forums for help.

Why would rich people want to spend time here?

Not even OP, but what's the point of saving all the money in the world if you never spend it?

>live a little

Im pretty sure on average people at fit have more wealth than most of the other boards. Usually people here seek investment advice etc. which means they are already in top 5% of people aged 20-30. Most people have no money to invest at all they are living from hand to mouth.

You have to understand for general public even the stock market is completely a foreign concept

The normal salary in my country is less than 500 $ /m . If you think that your salary is low then think again.

I have plenty of money but I want to do something crazy like saying fuck it, quit with nothing else lined up and start a business. I come to Veeky Forums to whine and for #feels and maybe discuss business ideas but theres no idea discussion here so I just shitpost
Tl;dr op's a faggot

If you have a mouth I might have a job for you

I'm broke because
1) Student loans - $582 a month
2) Rent - $550 a month
3) Car to go to work - $230 a month
4) Insurance - $90 a month
5) Phone - $50 a month
6) Gas to get to work - $80 a month

Right there i'm at $1600 a month.I make $19.72 an hour. With retirement, healthcare, nigs taking my money, I can barely afford utilities and food.

Thanks. Fuck yourself.

there's no free will so stop judging people

yeah wait until you get cancer from the stress and you end up with a million on debt

just lol at americucks

I really would't like to live in states where the education costs have ballooned like that. Couldn't you make smaller payments btw.

>Projecting this hard

You're too retarded to understand that your "normal" upbringing helped propel you to having a "normal" life.

Your "normal" life with a "normal" job making a "normal" salary is actually all abnormal in the scope of things.

Whenever you grow up in a family that cannot get ahead you strive to have just a "normal" life.

you're making over 3 grand a month before taxes, How are you broke?
Ever thought of cash side jobs? You dont have to pay tax then

>Car to go to work - $230 a month

There's your problem.
Buy a used Honda Civic off of Craigslist for $2-3k, even $4k.

$230 a month for how many months?
12? -> $2,760
24? -> $5,520
36? -> $8,280
48? -> $11,040
60?! -> $13,800

Stop cucking yourself and then you can complain.

this

The real problem is the delusion of grandeur and believing you're owed something or that you've earned something with minimal effort.

I own a company with 2 buddies from college making custom apps and games. I'm about 2 years older than them because I worked a few years before going to college so I could pay without taking out huge loans.

Now, despite my salary being identical to the others, I own my home, car, and have no debt but that's because instead of building wealth, as soon as they got their first check, they bought new, flashy cars, new computers, new phones, new, useless shit.

Because of that, they're hungry. They force me to take on shitty contracts with even shittier clients because they need their next fix.

Most people these days think they need their wants and prioritize buying bigger and better rather than fulfilling their needs.

Couple that with all the special snow-flakes in the world demanding a job over someone who actually earned it and the politicians that agree to gain popularity, and we have a society that's crumbling under its own hubris.

>student loans $600/mo
>only making 20$/hr

why $230 a month for your car? thats way too much for you

You grew up in a much better situation than the majority of people. Stop being a privileged twat.

Get on IBR to lower the student loan payments, it really helps.

Also get a cheaper phone plan if possible, you can do a bit better there.

Doing those two alone will help a ton.

Thank you for worrying. I have tried interviews etc but no one is willing to hire me due to my educational background.

I will keep trying. That's all I can do. I have considered selling drugs. That's my fallback.

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Thanks again.

few questions
location? country/state?
occupation?
education?

I mean how hard can it be to calculate.

>Graduated just after 2008
So assume he was 22 when he graduated in 2009. 22 + (2016-2009) = 22 + 7 = 29

So he's 29 +/- 1 year

>people are fucking stupid mostly.
This.

why are you still around then?

>This board is /r9k/ dude.

won't go that far. i have read some decent posts here as well but i was surprised for the amount of bullshit from people thinking they can make money immediately with no effort. i assume it's either teenagers or some really clueless people.

i started lurking because well fuck it's called Veeky Forums i assumed some of the people here come to actually discuss this topic

Holy fuck this. I watch so many people around me fucking up by buying cars and shit with their first paycheck out of college, and I can't help but facepalm.

These asshats figure that now they've got a big-boy job, that it's all gonna roll in forever, they don't have to work hard anymore, and the "hard work" they did in undergrad is now paying off. They don't realize the hard work is just beginning, that businesses don't just give you money, they expect you to work for it, and spending it unwisely just puts you in a more stressful situation than you otherwise would have been.

>people thinking they can make money immediately with no effort
What's hilarious is how butthurt they get when someone explains how unlikely this is:

"You're just an elitist, you prick!"
"Haven't you ever heard of penny stocks/crypto?"
"Robin Hood is too a real brokerage!"

Fuck you. Ever since I graduated HS My dream was to buy an M2 or M3 and I'm going for it as soon as I can afford it

so you're going to save up just enough to buy it and then have $0 in savings?

The reason people go broke is because they want to be happy...more importantly they want to make the people around them happy. There are also responsibilities and unexpected expenditures that must be undertaken. Its not so cut and dry like the way you are putting it. You're just a kid though.

Me personally, I am in a bit of a jam right now because I literally just got a new roof installed on my house. Its not going to break me and my family but we have to budget for the next couple months and put a stop to eating out, movies and other normal shit people do.

There are many factors in life than can get you in a jam.

>average IQ in western countries is 100
Noooo... really? Please fucking tell me this board isn't that god damn stupid. Of course the average IQ is 100. They define "average intelligence" as 100. 10 IQ points is defined as one standard deviation, meaning that about 2/3rds of the population falls between 90 and 110 and more than 95% fall between 80 and and 120. Your actual odds of being the uncommonly intelligent person some internet test pegged you as is laughably small, particularly if you are shitposting on Veeky Forums about how awful your life is. You are the normies.

You stupid.twat,

You are fucking 20, obviously educated and by all means have no fucking clue what a "normal" situation is.

You do understand the minimum wage job is $7.25 in America. Where at the best you can get an apartment (1bed) if you work 76 hours at that wage.

But I digress.
I'm 23, moved out when I was 17, and live 2700 miles from my family, dropped put of HS and college, currently make anywhere from $30-$60/hr and have machines that can do most of my work for me. co-own a young business, well educated (self and mentors) and own my car.outright, pay my rent and bills and still have money to invest. (Aka long gamble)

With only a few grand in personal.debt.

You havnt even gotten far enough from the nest to learn what brands of toilet paper leave lint on your ass.

So let's discuss your position? You make over $15/hr and are almost at $18. This is not normal, many people don't get this wage until they are 30.
Second you don't have student debt do you? Because you couldn't have completed any real college yet.

Third you obviously have a family who is stable and knows how to manage wealth, or you wouldn't have the outlook or position you insolently spew forth in an imitation of knowledge.
People are.poor because we live in a capitalistic system.that uses the guise of "competition" to create false scarcity which creates poverty, you ignorant propagandized cuck.

You would be fucked if you hadn't been helped with your job placement, management or your 10k (emergency fund) the fact that you even own a passport with real plans to use it is a huge privelege.

I do well. And I'm further than most are even with 7-8 years on me. However that came from the wonderful support of my family, community and the mentors IV had, along with all busting hard work.

Don't act like you can get anywhere by yourself at 20 with no real education or familial/community assistance.

Fucking ego slave....

You've been given the kid.gloves when it comes.to life. Try living through calamity and chaos, amidst poverty and domestic abuse. Market crashes and having your house reposed because your mortgage.went.up 10% in rates.
Or paying for your loved ones 1/4 million in cancer treatments, or not being able to work.for 2-3 years from an injury AFTER you rack up several grand in medical.bills.

Life isn't just one upward climb, and if it is for you, then you BETTER understand that you are a 1 in 500million odds, and if you don't respect and appreciate your privelege then people like.me.and the rest of the world will.break your fucking worthless weak boned jaw and bring you back to reality.

Fucking man children,

I fucking sweat, you have to be white and from a suburb in the Northern part of North America or from California.

Also

>>goes clubbing in Australia
>>acts like his privelege is imaginary
>>meets just need to work harder and not be stupid derp

You unintellectual nigger faggot.

You are the biggest bro fag on earth. Go back to FIT

Sounds like you've never shopped for a car in that price range, let alone bought one and put that much into repairs. There's a reason they're priced like that and it's not the Republican welfare queen lobster espresso fairy tale.

I'm broke because I fell for the game design meme and went to college for Gamedev for two years. Can't use it to get anything. Now I'm 26 and 20,000 in debt.

yea, all that, plus the fact that wage growth is stagnant.
Back to /pol/, faggot

Everyone wants to live a music video

What will be interesting, however, is that by the time you're all middle-aged, their income will be higher than yours. Education is a long-term investment.

yet, chances are, you're autistic and most of those people will eventually out earn you

So many kids in this thread

>move city to find money
Wait till you have elderly relatives

>never get a loan!
Wait for a month where shit happens all at once and then the boiler cunts itself too. Life doesn't happen in easily payable installments.

>fractions and percentages

HOLY MOTHER OF D I C K S
People who can manipulate fractions and exponents fluently shouldn't have to work long before they're in the 90th income percentile

I work as a tutor in a community college and it saddens me to know how little the general public understands about algebra and even basic operations. I can totally understand how seductive it is from a banker's perspective to just throw bullshit rates at people. People hate math so often, they might actually stick.

no u are wrong

>10 IQ points is defined as one standard deviation

Its 15 points. Tard.

I've learned this as I got older. I thought everyone had the sense I did but as I got older I learned that people are fucking retarded. The only reason society works is because those at the top actually have some sense. Intelligence is mostly genetic. A factor in why the elite stay elite.

>have 144 IQ
>take 3 minutes to order at mcdonalds
is it because i am deconstructing the ramifications for the environment or my own body of eating fast food? no its because iq is a bullshit measure

The other day my boss said "Buying stuff makes you feel good." I think i just responded with a shrug because i dont care how many ATVs he has, but later i was thinking about what he said and realised that after large purchases i feel guilty.

So what you are saying is we should destroy the Fed and make fiat money worth something to fix this so a $7.25 minumum actually means something? Sounds great!

And most people aren't actually paid $7.25 long before getting a raise, and how much that is actually worth is based on the area you live in.

>iq is a bullshit measure

Funny how it correlates with basically everything good in life

Studies show that hard work and endurance is a more deciding factor of success in life and wealth than intelligence. It definitely helps, but if you are just wasting it playing vidya games all day and jacking off with cheeto dust slickened fingers, then it is useless. Determination is a more important factor to become stronger and better as a person.

>a symptom of a free market fucking over its workers. Private sector jobs used to pay way more than government jobs. its now the other way around everywhere in the country.

How the fuck is that due to the free market?

It's due to government sucking all the juice out and leaving the rest of us the dregs.

>Wait for a month where shit happens all at once and then the boiler cunts itself too.

That's why you have an emergency fund.

Don't have an emergency fund? Start one.

ITT: OP doesnt pay for food, rent, utlities, and his parents still buy him his clothes/car/gas.

LAFFING

Living beyond their means because of easy credit. Financing purchases of declining value assets or zero value assets. Cars, cedit card use are the top offenders. Drive a beater and pay cash and you are ahead of 90% of the population.

I was living at home until I was 25, working two jobs while taking care of older parents (had me in their 40s and terrible health). I was never in debt, but I had nothing when I walked away.

I found out that the whole reason they kept having money issues was because they were giving money, my money, away to my whore of a sister and her husband, which in turn also went to her boyfriend and her boyfriend's wife.

After that, I took a contractor job for $10/hour. It wasn't great pay, but with overtime hours and per diem for food, I had no expenses apart from insurance. I gave up like an idiot and helped them one last time, but I've saved some money since last May now. I'm going to move to the other side of the world and go from there when I've got a little more saved, but I do think the type of job I took is what let me actually get away from it all.

If you're struggling, or even homeless, and you can find a contractor job that pays somewhat decent and pays for travel, hotels, and gives you a daily amount for food, it's a great out until you get back on your feet.

All I can really say beyond that is do your fucking job. We had hundreds of people that fucked around, lied, got drunk on the job, stole from the company, or just didn't want to work. I worked with a good 50 people that did that personally, and ended up supervising 20 people like that, and it's bullshit.

None of them kept their job and they were all constantly running out of money during the year, because they were stupid and didn't take their work seriously.

Didnt read

How did you fing your job?

>I'm going for it as soon as I can afford it

more than you can afford, pal

Actually that isn't true either. Wealth is the single greatest determining factor for happiness there is.

Im a buisness noob, what would be a good thing to invest in, what do you look for and where do you do it?... are you talking stocks?

im not broke, i got my own car, and earn a solid income from my job and passive income from my investments.. I just like to come here to look what rackets people are up to, and maybe learn a few ideas along the way

underrated

I graduated hs at 17, 19 now and I just quit an account management job paying $16/hr
Don't know what I wanna do now, my work experience is manufacturing painter, assembler, production supervisor, account manager.

Interviewed for a leasing manager position and didn't get it but was told by the woman I interviewed I was the runner up to a candidate with far more experience, so I took it as a positive anyway.

What is the most based field

>I make 2k a month after taxes (I live in a small town where median household income before taxes is 41k so I'm decent)
>live in friends basement for $300 a month
>drive shitty Toyota I paid cash for
>cut every indulgence
>pirate all entertainment
>live a minimalist lifestyle
>manage to save around $1400 a month
>no debt

I'm never broke but all my friends think I'm a cheap fuck and get annoyed with me.

>not living with friends and splitting rent
>not living closer to work
>paying monthly for a car
>not using cricket wireless $35 a month smartphone plan
>buying a car that costs that much for gas

You're fucking up.

Well it is fairly common knowledge that the market is driven by consumption, which primarily happens in the middle and lower class. These may be bad investments at times but the economy has to have them occur to keep moving. Long story short, if people stop buying iphones the whole system goes to shit. This is complicated by a world of massively increasing populations, dwindling resources, and advancement of previously underdeveloped nations. There is just less and less to go around and we are merely shifting the numbers around. People do spend their disposable income poorly more often than not but the system is designed to allow for this to push growth. Where things stand currently it takes perfect planning just to barely sustain economic balance and a minimum of savings and planning. The clever, instead of being propelled into roles of leadership, must make due with merely looking forward to a basic level of independence. Just a personal musing, what bothers me the most is that we keep blaming governments for this when they may have a hand but this all may just be a facet of capitalism itself. The market isn't being held back, it is just trying to tell us the simple truth that there is too many people and too little resources to maintain a healthy balance anymore.

I don't blame them. I see where you're coming from, but I've never been that extreme. Way easier to raise your income at that level than save every cent.

Work on increasing your wage, then commit to saving only half of that increase. Your social life will thank you.

>my friends think I'm a cheap fuck
Just hope you never become wealthy.
Your frugal ways will be a hard habit to break, and the fact that you have cash to spare will make you seem like five times as much of a cheap fuck.

Don't your parents pay for all those? I get student loans but even that I have an arrangement, to gradually help pay it,down,in a few years. Normal upbringing here