Someone talk me out of this. I earn 17k per year and yes I have the 10k deposit saved

Someone talk me out of this. I earn 17k per year and yes I have the 10k deposit saved.

At 17K a year you shouldn't even be thinking about it but if you're determined get a used one.

Unless you're a soccer mum don't do it senpai. If you're going to get a car that drinks tons of piss get a sports car not some luxury pile of donkey shit.

>I earn 17k per year

Thoroughly talked out.
/thread.

Here's the deal in full.

It's a 3 door hatchback, only a 1.6L engine so it's not going to be that fast. Just think owning a brand new BMW would put me up a level in society.

My daddy is the lead accountant to one of the worlds leading firms. DON'T DO IT. Your wife has you fooled. I know everything about money.. don' t go full retarded.

>would put me up a level in society.

Top kek. Nobody gives a shit.
The people impressed by it are not worth impressing, and the ones you need to impress don't give a fuck about your car.

1(£) purchase fee..??? they must think you're a dweeb. The second you take that car away from the dealership it loses it's value.

the second that car breaks down you will have to give it back becuase you will never be able to afford the insane costs dealerships have. And BMW's have circittry and digital components so when they inevidably malfunction they will have to ship your car to a factory which will cost even more. Not to mention premium gas. These new cars are all money pits, and you are an imbecile.

>BMW will put me up a level in society.

tell that to pic related.

If you want to sit on the M1 in traffic in your RWD sports saloon

>monthly rate of 572
>17k income a year = 1.4k a month
>spending over a third of your income on a car

Don't do it man.
If you gotta get a new one look for showroom cars, they tend to be cheaper while still being technically new.

I just got a Hyundai i20 with a bunch of extras for 15k instead of 20k because it's been driven 50 km to some showroom.

BMW is turk tier anyway.

You're poor. Buying this car will keep you poor. Fags will think you're cool though so you may be able to get it up the bum a few times

>1
Fuck society.
>2
That car looks like shit, has retarded lines that look off. Get a used 3 series or something.
>3
17k a year? Give me a fucking break

>circittry
>inevitably
>Calling anyone an imbecile
Lol

the only ppl who will be impressed will be the retarded retards. you will have confirmed for everyone else (the ppl who matter) that, yes, their suspiscions were correct - you are a fool.

that includes women. the simple, stupid ones who are impressed by shiny things are not who you should be trying to impress.

I can't say this enough, THAT CAR IS A RIP OFF too over priced and you're essentially paying brand rep. Beemers don't even use real leather in their cars.

>circittry
Topkek I think we all know whos the bigger of the two retards here

Are you brown?

Indians & paks are obsessed with cars - always BMWs and mercs - as status symbols.

Listen to Veeky Forums.
You want to invest and grow your wealth. Not buy shiny money pits that are basically an idiot tax.

just lease it for a couple of years

Get 3-series at least kek. Everybody have them. THey drive pretty good and 2-3 years old are DAMN cheap.

Btw 316 you can upgrade with a chip 60hp more. So 316 is actually the fastest 3-series atm and because you can put the chip they are so popular too

I herd Mercedes have better circtties
ignore these beta fags Op they don't even know how to alpha like elliottbro

Are you a retard? In 5 years, that car would be worth less than 10k.

Don't do it man, be comfortable with what you have and look at the bigger picture. Invest those 10g's instead

I make $87k/year and drive a 2005 Chevy Colorado that I paid $6000 cash for... I am 23... You're a fucking moron

>Bragging about paying $6k for an 11 year old car
Son, please.

Is that really his point though?

>bragging...
I am saying don't waste your money of a fucking thing that do recites to rapidly. I a, debt free (do t have a mortgage yet) and this is allowing me to focus on wealth building.
Not bragging... If I drive around in an 11 year old vehicle when I am making more than most of the chucks on here, do I seem like the kind of guy that would brag?

He has no point. He's decidedly lower middle class and drives a shitty old car., yet he wears it like a badge of honor. Why?

>OP thinks he's "nigger rich"
I worked for a used car lot and the owner let me take any car I wanted home. The novelty wears off after the first month or two of driving fancy cars.
Don't throw your savings away, OP, start a little business, instead. I just spent $ 10k buying the sickest professional camera gear off eBay/CL and building a badass computer battlestation for editing. Made a home studio and I'm making money doing photography on nights and weekends. Gear and computer will pay for itself.

I'm in northern MI, bro, that's upper-middle

>calls thrifty user "lower middle class"
And yet you speak like a no class ghetto wigger/nigger. Why?

Did you finance the BMW annual maintenance?

> And yet you speak like a no class ghetto wigger/nigger. Why?
> you speak like a no class ghetto nigga

>would put me up a level in society.

Earning more than £17k would put you up a level in society you turbo pleb. I'm on £28k and considering a 1 series, part-finance

>PS3 costs $ 100 (used)
>Gran Turismo 5 costs $ 5 (used)
>Logitech G27 steering wheel and pedals $250 (used)
This is how you get the craving out of your system, OP
Don't trade your savings for debt, whatever you do.

click and never come back

>PS3

Says the one posting shit about eggplants.

Is that what you do in your mom's basement?

Bet you fuck bitches in vr like a boss too.

May Jesus be with you, release the urges.

If you're dead set on getting the vehicle, just sign up for Uber; trying and earn $800/month, and use that money to pay off the muhstatuscar.

Don't think you get the point, kid

>muh dik
you darkies are so predictable.

I make 107k a year and drive a 2007 cobalt with 150k miles on it. No one cares about the car you drive.

how durable are the parts? do you use the car a lot? if yes and yes buy it

Sorry to ride your thread OP, but this seems like a good place to ask this. What are the chances of BoA approving an auto loan for $7000 if my credit is kinda shitty? I can make the payments easy, I'm just worried they'll outright deny it over my credit score. (It's not like 100-200, but not quite at 500.)

>needing a $7000 auto loan
Why? Get a cheaper car, or not at all.

My car is passed the point where putting money into it would be worth it, which is why I've been balancing how long another car will last against how much I would have to put in to it and 7 was the sweet spot for my area. They aren't shit that will have a major break every year or two, but they aren't anything glamorous. Again though, I was just asking the likelihood of them granting it. I can afford it easily and there's actually a few great cars up right now.

>3 series

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Just think owning a brand new BMW would put me up a level in society.

No, people will realise you bought on credit and are a true poorfag. Also, that is shit BMW, small beta BMW. Get M6, i8 or go home.

I earn 70k a year and I don't even drive a car.

Well put. Serious people won't give a shit about your little BMW unless its a ferrari. And regular pleb construction workers - there is no reason to impress them anyway.

Young and dumb

Don't get the i8, it's terrible on so many levels I don't even want to get into it.

That car looks gay mate.

And probably full of dog cum

>talk me out of it

Its too late, and hopeless, you're already retarded.

>Just think owning a brand new BMW would put me up a level in society.

I'm embarrassed I live in the same country as you. I just know you're some northerner or some East Midlands peasant who lives in a small town where everyone drives a Ford Fiesta and has a manual labor job. These are the only places that would actually be impressed by a god damn 1 series BMW.

In London even Lambos don't get much attention anymore, I've become so desensitized to Rolls Royces and even hypercars. You think your little piss ant middleclassmobile means jack shit to anyone making more than welfare money?

Here's what will put you higher up in society if you manage to drop the small country pleb mentality; more money. I could earn more than you just by selling nude sets of random girls on the internet. You're fucking pathetic.

you can't afford to drive a luxury car, period

you have a corolla budget regardless of the down payment bruv

I keked at 17k a year

tfw when you born and live in Nottingham

I can assure you that no one gives a shit about the car you drive. Especially not a fucking 1 or 3 series. When's the last time you looked at a beamer and thought to yourself "Damn what a nice car"? It's just another vehicle on the road that other drivers will forget within a few seconds.
My parents gave me their 2010 7 series as a present and I've gotten a single compliment, and that was from an old lady at a shop. You're not going to be able to network with someone just because you drive a "luxury" car. And the only girls you'll swoon are hoodrats.
While the cars are reliable, you're most likely going to end up having something break at some point. For me this was a little piece of plastic on the dashboard, which cost about €100 to replace. You'll end up selling your car for half the price because it'll come down to "fix this or pay my rent."
The cost of the car is only a fraction of the price. You will end up paying out your ass on services, insurances, etc. It's seriously not worth it, OP. Spend your money on something that isn't as trivial as a car. If you're only making $17k, I'm sure there's a way to spend your money on improving your education instead of buying a depreciating asset.

do not buy an expensive car you double digit IQ fuckup. Be honest with yourself why are you buying it? Status symbol, ego boost? Get asset producing assets or at least something that does not depreciate so fast.

>17k per year
you can't even afford to look at that car bruh

Nigga you're POOR. This is why poor people STAY poor. Get your income to 35k (not hard in America), pay off debts, save 20k for emergencies, max out Roth IRA and any extra you save goes to that

Lol I own a car like that. If Op showed up to make me an offer for mine I would call the cops on that broke nigger

I make $19k a year and I cant even afford ANY car

I have a little under 8k liquid and buying a shit car and adding repair costs, maintenance, insurance, and gas would leave me unable to live

They are unreliable and extremely expensive to fix. Not only is buying an expensive car a bad idea, but buying this car is the pinnacle of stupid decisions. Just rent one from Zipcar if you want to show off like a tool and buy a reliable/affordable vehicle.

How do you people afford living on $19k a year? I don't understand how that's possible unless you are a third worlder.

Naw, I actually live in New York

I work off the books for $75 a day

no skills and all my money goes to staying alive

That really depends on whether you pay 300 dollars for sensatec fake leather or 2000 for the real deal bro.

kek you wouldn't even afford to do a oil change on it

Don't get a used one, me and my pub fellows get a new one every 9 months without changing the oil. Just trade the old one in and drive out with the latest model. That's why you see a lot of older bmws, mercedes smoking blue.

Please list those levels.

>tfw grew up in east midlands
Can confirm desu

Its not hard if you dont spend $300 a week going out getting wasted. My apartment is 800 a month with utilities and i only spend 200 a month on food

American cars are kekworthy pieces of shit. I'd rather walk.

This I see everywhere. Derelict luxury cars because they cant do the maintenance parked in front of shitty apartments. I make 175k a year and own a mid range pickup and a vw jetta.

when i worked with some super rich dudes im talking 100's of millions(old money btw) they drove average cars some of the cars were over 10years old lol. not 1 of them had a new car or even a good car