twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

few minutes ago.

>Make Gold Great Again
>MGGA
not
>Make AU Great Again
>MAGA

Nigga are you even trying?

I'm thinking of buying phyisical gold, anything i need to know?

>AU

Make Autism Great Again?

make sure to tell everyone that you buy gold

Bury it in your back yard. Tell only one person who you wholly trust.

I can't bury it in the back yard. All my extra guns and ammo are back there because everyone told me Obama was going to take my guns and ammo. Back when Clinton was president, they said the same thing.

Its gold or paper fellas at least you can bash a perp over the head with a brick of Gold!!!

Buy in small sizes like 1oz, 1/2oz or any gram size, so you can shove it up your ass when the government decides to confiscate your PMs.

>tfw started buying in November

>only 1/10 ounce of gold and 50 ounces of silver

there will be white man riots if the government tries to take away guns. White man riots are much more lethal because they involve actual thinking opposed to just breaking everything in sight

physical all the way

/10 ounce of gold

ya dun goofed right there m8. you get raped on premium buying such a small amount

get at least an oz. they have the meme combi-bars if you want to break it up

I don't have over $1300 to sink into it.

I can swing a half ounce right now though.

You are a poor fag

At least that's better than not owning any at all.

Shouldn't Americans be buying gold now???

>Not knowing gold is Au
>shiggy diggy doo wop bop

Also will it push the usd$1300 threshold again?

...why? Are you buying the "sky is falling/
recession is coming" meme?

Should I invest in DUST while it's low and hold till the price of gold falls?

Are they gonna fire up the printing presses soon?

I don't really have a strong opinion on GOLD or FIAT currency. Although valuing a currency By good collateral makes sense to my mind

>gonna fire up the printing presses soon
implying they ever shut them down

Newcrest Mining(ncm.asx) to Hedge Further Gold Sales from Telfer Mine

GOLD spike on the news

Why not silver?

Silvers good too!

USD Initial Jobless Claims (Apr 29)
Data out soon
will
>US dollar get slammed
>will Gold get slammed
>will US Dollar go to moon
>will Gold go to moon
pic: my latest ride

Here it is:
USD Initial Jobless Claims (Apr 29)
>Actual 274K
>Expected 260K
>Previous 257K
unemployment is up in the USA
it was not what was expected

2nd post is from OP so this counts as first post

>first post best post

>MAGA

I got into physical silver a few months ago, specifically junk silver coins at spot. I have about 200 types by now from all over the world and it's a lot of fun. But why o why didn't I think of it sooner. Not many years ago silver was only like $7.

Although I already have about $5k in silver I want prices to fall back to that level so I can really go all out. I want to invest 20-25% of my total funds and just play with it and rub my hands forever.

>tfw college student and with my income I can only purchase $50-$100 a month.

What type of junk silver? What purity?

I want to know where the fuck he's finding junk silver AT spot, because everywhere I look it's $4-$6 over spot, for some fuckin reason.

The only junk I've found close to spot was 40% Kennedy halves at about $1 over spot, and that;s only because they're unpopular because the low silver content means it's not worth melting and separating from the copper.

I'm just emailing dealers and major auction people and many have been able to oblige.

I've also been able to buy under spot sometimes by watching the relevant keywords in our local version of craigslist.

The professionals have a hard time offloading junk world silver coins that are not the main maples/silver eagles/etc, so they're happy to offload a big lot and get it out of there at spot rather than paying for melt and assay or taking up space forever.

>What type of junk silver? What purity?
All kinds. Also bought several kilos of 40% swedish junk at 40%/spot of total weight and there's lots more available from the dealer, but I don't know if it's worth it with international shipping.

Real talk. Who will actually buy gold when the market crashes? Wouldn't stuff like real estate mean significantly more in a world where no one has any money?

>Wouldn't stuff like real estate mean significantly more in a world where no one has any money?
You're implying people actually own the real estate and not the bank
Most people have 80% of the value of their home in a mortgage. When the real estate bubble pops then a lot of people are going to default and go bankrupt

Care to mention some of those relevant keywords, instead of just saying there are some "relevant keywords"?

Most people won't be able to buy gold when the market crashes, because gold (and almost certainly silver) will skyrocket. You have to get in before that shit happens.

Metals aren't some be all end all greatest thing ever, they're just an inflation hedge and a store of wealth. Fiat money has a 100% failure rate in all of history.

But where no one has any money, lead would be the best metal until the system reset, at which point your metals would be there to trade with.

>Care to mention some of those relevant keywords, instead of just saying there are some "relevant keywords"?
"Silver coins"

Im thinking of buying a thick gold chain necklace, like the ones niggers wear.

I have gold coins, but theyre very boring.. cant do much with them.

Is gold bling-bling better than useless coins to store value in?

I hear the airports regularly confiscate the coins too

Isn't jewelry pretty much only worth the bullion unless it's medieval+?

Whereas coins always increase their numismatic value over time.

Why the hell would you buy physical gold/silver ?
It's illiquid as fuck.

Zombie apocalypse*

* Failure in EBT system

my gold coins are fairly common, ie: maples, eagles, kangaroos, pandas.. theyre prettymuch just worth their weight in gold too

i made 12,12% on gold (in 3 years) and 12,25% on silver (in 3 weeks)

both physical. i go into a shop and sell it if i'm not in a hurry i try sell it to private buyers i can even make most of the premium back.

yeah made that same amount in gold gains too, but sadly.. I would have made that in less than a year if i put the funds into stocks. prolly would have made 40% in 3 years, but gold isnt bad.. nice to have it in the portfolio

how could you know there would be so much cash pumped into the stock market for so long? the market wouldn't look the same at all without all that money printing. your gold was a very safe bet.

in hindsight everything is much clearer.
i wanted to buy a 100 bitcoins when it was $10
i didn't because i saw no indicators it will ever detach from that price range and i didn't feel it was very liquid.
then i got into cloud mining with a few pennies thinking how i could accumulate a lot of hashing power and get great returns in a few years, but i did not think through the effects of the halvening to miners and prices. now i think it was a very bad move i should have gotten into it sooner or not. i might break even but it was a waste of time and not an investment. this of course was something i could have known so it's not the same as the first.

yeah, stocks has greater risk, hence greater rewards. I dont really know if stocks will do better, in the long run.. im just riding goodtimes while it lasts.

I was a retard when it came to bitcoin too, i had the chance of mining it when it first came out, and buying it when it was worth nothing.. but didnt take the plunge..

sometimes skepticism is a folly, in terms of missing-out on a good investment.. thats why i always keep my gold holdings below 5% of my portfolio..

Im always open for new things to invest on, that isnt a safe haven like gold

what happened to the bitcoin price is just retarded in my opinion. greeks and chinks basically desperately trying to save their wealth from their gubment.

also when bitcoin was $10 you couldn't turn profit on mining unless you stole the power or already had the gpus. so there is that.
i made up convoluted schemes how i could get electricity for free for my rigs but felt they were all too risky.

Why not just buy options or futures ?

With gold futures most of the gold they have "on paper" does not exist; well over 100 people """"own"""" the same ounce of gold. If they all called for delivery, only very few would get the gold they paid to have.

If you don't hold it, you don't own it. The point of PM's is that they're a safe haven and an inflation hedge. Their purpose is to compensate for fiat's shortcomings, so holding futures contracts instead of just owning it physically defeats the purpose.

youtube.com/watch?v=x-GDwTfOLFo

>mfw I didn't buy silver 6 months ago

>With gold futures most of the gold they have "on paper" does not exist
Who cares if he's just selling it a few weeks/months/years later?

>sell something that doesn't exist, and if too many people call for delivery of the metal they're paying for the entire system collapses

>who cares

>sell something that doesn't exist
It sure seems to work for the companies selling paper gold.

Until people decide to sell their gold or take delivery on it...at which point they can't because it's not there...

I mean how hard is it to understand you shouldn't be selling futures of the same ounce of gold to over 100 people? How hard is it to see that it won't end well?

Is pretty obvious to us, and is technically a scam (try selling the same car to 3 different persons), so it should be illegal. However, authorities are dumb, people are dumb and scammers are counting on this. Like ponzi schemes, outsiders know eventually shit will hit the fan, but people too dumb to fall these schemes won't.

Although, as this user said , is easy to profit from it if the papers are sold within relatively short terms. Just like any pump and dump cryptocoin scheme.

>tfw didn't invest in NUGT back in January

Oh yeah, if you want to capitalize on it and parlay your gains into something real and sustainable then do that for sure.

But anyone who doesn't see that it's a disaster in the making, and doesn't see anything wrong with it, would be best off investing in gravity and the nearest 150 foot or greater fall.