Bitcoin Wallet

Veeky Forums, what Bitcoin Wallet do you personally use?

People still hold bitcoin?

>Using a "wallet" to "store" a digital "currency"
A fool and his money soon go separate ways.

This is relevant to my interests.

Bump.

Also:
>HOLD bitcoin

As in, on your phone, or have bitcoin in general?

What is with you two ragging on people storing their bitcoins?

I don't get it. Not even OP, just Veeky Forums browser also looking to possibly getting into Bitcoin.

Because you don't need a fucking third party to "store" a bitcoin, retard.

Does it matter? This is obviously a transparent attempt at making yet another bitcoin thread.

Yeah, tell me how stuffing all your money under your mattress works out for you.

Because you don't need a bank to "store" a dollar, retard.

Brilliant deduction, Turbo. Valid thread for a valid question.

C'mon Veeky Forums, where are the benevolent Bitcoin experts to come give some good advices to a Bitcoin n00b?

I use coinbase and can refer you if you would like to get us both some free bitcoin

Kek. OP is a literal retard.

I don't see Bread wallet but it's top choice.

If you are holding Bitcoin for more than the time to takes to turn it into Fiat you should be sending it to a paper wallet. Nothing else is truly secure.

Cold storage and all that is nice and flashy, but its only as strong as the software and hardware. If you hold large amounts its insane to put any trust in that.

Paper wallets or cashed out to real money.

bread wallet on mobile and electrum on desktop.
Those are the best options for "daily" use.

If you ever win a bitcoin lottery or something then you should learn about paper wallets. But for regular use, those two are enough.

I have Armory. It takes ages to set up these days though. As you need to run a node.

Took about 2 weeks to download the blockchain, so not recommended if you're on a slow connection.

Also:
Be aware, Bitcoin may now drop in value. There is a risk as it has not punched through the 470 BTC/USD resistance level.

I'm new to this shit and only started out of curiousity. But I went with Copay. I only have 1 cent I doubt anyone will yanks it. If I had a larger sum I wouldn't keep it there. I'd either transfer it someone where safer for spending.

Bitcoin Core masterrace checkin in.

If you weren't such an inbred, you'd realize that the main purpose of storing in a third party is so that you don't lose your entire wallet because of a lost password. There is no way to recover lost BTC in a wallet you lose a password to. So you place it in a third party wallet, where you can trade via computer or on the phone, link a bank and trade the BTC for your currency, and take advantage of easy-to-use consumer services like their exchange. All at the cost of a penny or two a trade, they provide you with an impenetrable platform so that drunk you can't throw out the only password you use for your wallet.

If you are so stupid you can't keep your own Bitcoins safe, by all means yes, risk giving your private keys to third parties if that helps you sleep at night.

i only use paper wallets keep them in a hardbox

Paperwallet

Only way to truly ball out Brian wallet for the millions

on android, Mycelium
on desktop, Electrum
for my long term stash, multiple paper wallets (redeem them on a clean e.g. linux livecd computer using Electrum, make sure you save the seed to this wallet before using it in case something goes wrong)