MLM Pitch Stories

Anybody got any good Amway/Herbalife stories?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albanian_civil_war_of_1997
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

op disclaimer: MLM schemes are scams, I am in no way trying to promote any of these shitty companies

Telexfree scammed around 1 million people here in Brazil, between 2012 and 2013.

At some point, 10% of the population in one of the Amazon region states had been ponzied.

A friend of mine insistently harassed me into getting to it at the time. He is now trying to sue for damages (he lost around 50K USD, which is a ton of money considering the shitty state of our currency). But the company owes something like 48M USD in taxes and fines. Government has priority in asset liquidation by local law. He'll likely never see the money again, and he deserves every bit of it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albanian_civil_war_of_1997

kek never heard of that

Got pitched on some MLM energy drink company back when I first got out of college; got my first job, went back to visit some friends for a weekend, and my friend's brother was a hustler trying to peddle his drink bullshit on me when I was wasted as fuck and trying to get laid.

He badgered me for like 10 minutes about this bullshit, and I finally told him if he didn't shut the fuck up about his bullshit pyramid scheme and leave with his skanky-ass middle-aged girlfriend, I was gonna punch him in the face.

He gave me some shit about disrespecting his gf and I came back with him disrespecting my intelligence with his bullshit get-rich-quick scheme. Walked away from the dude, never heard from him again.

Wonder how that whole thing worked out for him, desu. I bet he's sucking shit on the back end of that debt he put himself in.

>By the morning every government institution in the city was looted and destroyed, except for the Interior Ministry building, which was protected by the Director of Communications, seven of his engineers and a guard who refused to abandon his post.

Holy fuck

>be 17
>just graduated HS need job
>vector marketing cutco ad in newspaper
>make $17/hr
>no experience needed
>students welcome
>come to x place for interview
>fukyea.jpg
>go to interview
>20-30 middle aged//young people there
>most wearing suits
>fuck I didnt even dress nice
>shown demo that cutco knives can cut string while other knives struggle to cut string
>audience is wowed
>interviewed 3 at a time in an office
>I sit in middle to show the interviewer I am alpha male
>asked to rate ourselves 1-10 on different aspects
>I confidently rate myself 10 on everything while the betas give themselves 5s or 6s
>interviewer selects me to go forth into the echelons of vector associates while the plebs get rejected
>show up next day
>there's pizza
>we are writing things with markers in groups
>get explained that WE provide the clients
>no way im selling this shit to my uncle/grampa they would laugh at me
>get up and leave once i realize they never asked for my SIN number (canada)

MLM not even once

>19
>taking summer classes
>student in my class makes the pitch
>student has a bmw says its b/c MLM
>we have a meeting with his friend after class
>him and his friend try to explain how it works
>have them describe it by writing it out
>still dont understand how it will benefit me
>both idiots get frustrated
>i start asking for free samples
>say I have to buy it first
>hmmm
>be smug
>leave

I had no idea what MIM was but it just didn't make sense. My sister bought into it even when I told her it was a scam. My parents even supported her. Come to think of it MIM showed me how lucrative biz can be. People fail to identify sunk costs and dont know when to get out. Same thinking as gambling. So many idiots in this world

>mfw this will be the USA once millions of students realise they can never pay their student loans back

I use to be a mailman and one time delivered this package to this Herbalife dude and he gave me a ""chocolate" " "bar

I almost had to puke when I tried it and I threw it away.

Herbalife is a litterly a dirty scam

and the cheap bastard gave me something for fat women as a tip, rather give me nothing

I remember applying for one of those Vector gigs online. They called me months later after I'd gotten a normal job and tried to push it. As soon as I asked "Is this the knife-selling gig?" They knew it was over lol.

Looking at my FB newsfeed and this girl I went to high school with has constant photos of her and her family at these business conventions with endless motivational quotes selling to "find your own success". Basically sounds like bullshit.

I had experience before with Vector and that Cutco shit so I knew this was fishy before I even asked. Got curious so I asked. Apparently her family had been working with "ACN Canada", a "leading provider of essential services". Basically in all her posts its all about how her and her team want to "help people find success" and "share wealth with a team", etc, etc.

So I asked her what it was all about. She said we needed to meet up and chat about it. She also said its "an opportunity I cannot miss". She explains how the company works: you ONLY have to pay $500 as a start up fee with the company, you get friends and family to sign up for services like phone bills, internet bills, cable, etc, with you under ACN, and thus every time your friend pays for their monthly bill, part of it goes to you. Sounds great? There's more.

Every time you get new people (or several) to sign up with ACN (again, pay the $500) you gain a ranking within the company and apparently make more money. However, it is on YOU to find new customers, harass your family and friends to join/sign up for services.

I said I'm probably not interested but thanked her for meeting with me. She didn't stop calling me for 2 weeks after the meeting - almost daily, telling me that I'm missing out.

Then I look online for ACN scam and TONS of people are shitting on this company saying that most people that gain, will never make that $500 back. There are apparently tons of hidden fees such as something like $10 a person for weekly meetings, hundreds for training conventions around the USA that members pay their OWN MONEY FOR, not to mention hotel bills, travelling, etc.

Basically ACN is a gigantic scam and it's a shame that people still believe in these schemes in 2016.

>not preying on her gullible nature and using it to get easy poon
Missed opportunity, bro.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albanian_civil_war_of_1997
holy shit they actually funded governments using a pyramid scheme

Almost shit myself when my GF son came in and asked if I wanted in on a business opportunity. Fucking pothead tried to sell me a set of those cutco knives - fucking moron

> my gf son
Pls

>I use to be a mailman and one time delivered this package to this Herbalife dude and he gave me a ""chocolate" " "bar

THIS.

I was a door to door salesman and some woman bought into the whole Verve energy drink scam and I could see her depressed with several stacks of Verve energy drinks in the corner of her house, kek.

Same thing here. Didn't know going into it that I had to find the clients. A detail they don't drop on you until the last day of 3 days of training.

Anybody here know about the Wather Filters?
What is the scam with the wather filters?

This guy in a shitty Volvo said he was a surgeon trying to work for Amway instead and invited me to come with him. I knew it was a lie because why the fuck would a surgeon do anything besides the field they trained extensively for?

> friend from work just got into Neon energy drinks
> Asks me if I want to come to a launch party
> me: will there be free shit?
> him: yes

So I go to this meeting at a hotel conference room filled with desperate people aged 20 - 40. The speaker won't shut up about how he made $1.2 million dollars last year and we can too. He was actually pretty fucking charasmatic, I found myself rooting for the guy!

Afterwards a few people came up to me, and were like "what did you think"

I went, "great presentation, really convincing" and then I left.

Dumbass. Thats what a lot of these MLM "hustlers" think.
They think that people are fools who will sign up for obvious scams.

Its not untrue, but that doesn't mean it will make them money.

What the hell did you sell door to door in this day and age

The only thing they sell door to door nowadays are scams.

>Referred my buddy for a position at my job which pays $17/hr
>Ask him if he got an interview
>He says "yeah user, but I turned it down"
>wtf..ask him why
>"I'm moving to x (the city 300km away) to sell security systems for the summer"

I looked in to the company he got hired at and its literally door to door salesman shit. I'm actually so confused. He claims that he was told that if he works hard and makes a lot of sales he can clear 20k by the end of summer. Honestly perplexed, this guy is normally not retarded, how the fuck are these guys so good at luring young college educated kids? The job I was referring him for is literally the comfiest shit. Get paid to literally just browse the internet for 9 hours a day.

>2013
>friend jumped on vemma wav year after HS
>almost think about joining and giving into the hype
>think i could make some shekels for a little but decide not to
>friend stays in
>starts doing okay
>still works two jobs
>gets BMW but pays part of the lease since hes not doing so well with vemma
>loses BMW
>2015
>gets leased mini cooper
>joins jenuesse?
>2016
>friend is now becoming a life insurance salesman

I liked this post.

did he join primerica?

i think so
theyve been shilling on cragislist for "employees" recently in my area but wont post what company. i almost scheduled an interview with them when i replied to their post and they called me but then realized what company it was

People fall for the meme their parents feed them about needing college to ever be successful in life.

College gets more expensive.

People get desperate to foot the bill. I can't afford to finish my CE degree but I've just decided to seek success outside of college instead. I might go back years from now for shits and giggles or something, but right now I'd rather just become financially independent.

If you're selling and recruiting you're fucked m8.

I'm doing something similar right now and literally we are strict as fuck about who we give offers to, there's like a 6 week process to go through before you can join.

The US government needs to go ahead and make MLM's illegal.