Post you're losses

Post you're losses
>tfw first time trading
>Bought 1000 shares at 8.90 a week ago

"trading"

Why didnt you stop loss at 8.9 once it was at 9.54 a few days ago?

What did you bought that?

Did you sell yet?

Next time try online poker.

Company I work for, they matched me 30% so I'm still technically up

About 4k when I started (I was 20 and had 7k)
A year ago, I invested 10k with an investing club and we all lost 75%

Everyone buy UWTI. I would too, but recently sold DWTI.

put a stop loss at 26.70

>I'm still technically up
no your not. That is horrible logic. Stahp

>post you're losses
>you're

I started my account with $1500 and bought 13 shares of Nvidia on Monday and 5 shares of Apple yesterday.

They've so far lost me $30.60.

Nvidia is definitely going places, but Apple is really a gamble. I only got to them because I thought that recent dip would start showing signs of recovery from people buying into the company.

I don't like this.

So I've only heard this but some say apple buys their own stock to artificially increase the worth of their stock, and that's the reason why it's crashing/ has crashed.

Also their new products aren't that revolutionary anymore, it's the same shit, with minimum improvement, just as expensive.

Is there anything I'm not seeing? Why would you buy?

>tfw invested in index
>past 4 months i've lost $100
>decide to buy a few stocks based on recent news in the company
>first one, up $20
>the other 4 down $20 each
>in total down $160
thinking of just liquidating all my positions and doing more research before investing

what do?

>Apple
>Nvidia

Do your fucking homework before throwing your money away. Maybe try at the basics with paper trading

So if pretty much everyone does badly when they try to make money trading stocks... why not do the opposite and short everything? It seems like everything, in general, is more likely to go down than up.

I'll take my Nobel prize now.

there is literally nothing wrong with nvidia

Dont really have any losses. I lost about $40 on AAPL, bought the stock but the next day a better thing came up, so I sold it at a tiny loss. Ended up making like $700 off the other stock I purchased.
Also lost like 50 bucks on sprint (S), terrible stock by the way. Doesnt even give a dividend. Bought like 100 shares for like $5 for the keks. Wanted to diversify. Was a mistake. Ended up hitting roughly $3 and staying in that range. When it spiked up I sold it as a minor loss. No big deal. Needed the cash anyway.
As long as you buy at a good price and dont invest in autistic ass companies (like the ones I pointed out above, or obscure penny stocks and all that crap), you'll be fine.
Just dont be a dumbass and SELL SELL SELL. Hold on to it until it gains some more value.

I got all you fools beat.

Jesus

I got caught in Tesla's recent down streak, so out 300 dollars. Freeloading restriction kicked in, so I can't put money back into it until Thursday, so I wasn't able to buy now that it bottomed out. It's been a terrible 2 weeks for me.

Lost $1000 on XTV

>ITT what is a stop loss

>go into the coin trade
>read up on every coin
>RADS seems to have a high volume but low price, I'm sure it's going to get a pump soon
>buy 25k worth of RADS
>it immediately goes up
>make 15k profit
>woo
>I should really put a stop limit
>no clue how
>meh whatever
>go to bed
>wake up at midnight
>price went up again
>sweet
>go back to bed
>RADS just dumped hard
>lost 25k
Ah well.

>almost 6% loss on one trade
hit the books kid

>make 15k profit
>don't cash out
>too lazy to spend a few minutes figuring out how to set a stop loss so you don't lose 15k
What the fuck

Liquidate them asses

>first time trading
>bought 1000 shares

It's not a loss until you sell.

You came into Apple way too late -- shares are way too expensive for any real growth. The company has peaked, and it's recent string of lackluster products should have made this evident. I have no idea about Nvidia, but I'm skeptical...

>inB4 chump change
Bought nete when it was .37 a share (15 shares), and ceru when it was 3.75 a share (only 2)
I just want dividends that cover my share's loss in value, not moon profits
I just want to get off the ride, get a share of lmt, then gamble the dividends on penny stocks

I think I'd be OK if I hadn't memed with nete and ceru

>$200 billion in cash reserves

oh, i dont know.

So why did you think putting money into this was a smart thing to do?

>wonder how theres this much money being given away for free in the markets to me
>see this thread
thank you, its all clear now

>STX
>CALM

wew

The worst part is that, in the RADS thread at the time, I mentioned that I didn't know how to set up a stop loss on poloniex and someone explained how to set it up. I naively thought the pump would continue and not crash immediately, so I didn't set one up
I literally lost money because I was too lazy and naive. Ah well.

I just sold them now.

It was an open wound on my portfolio. I bought a meme stock.

The thing about Nvidia is that they have better prospects than AMD, who not only has to manage their debt, but also find ways to advertise themselves more into the same industries Nvidia is already established in.

>you're losses
>you're

I can see why you're awful at trading when you can't even spell

Research is good. Do research.

Also, consider that if you want to manage your own funds, you're basically gambling. Do it if it's enjoyable, but don't expect to beat the market. There are a lot of faggots in here with naked positions and nothing to fall back on; don't become another faggot. Put most of your savings into a growth fund or retirement account or something of that nature, and forget about that money. Then, take a couple hundred of bucks and throw it at the market for shits & giggles.

Never put all your money into meme stocks. That's some real retard shit right there.

here
>tfw put 1500 into indexes and lost $100
>a few other losses too
>bought $60 in call options on a penny stock
>sold the options for $150
>up $50 somehow
feels good man

going to research a lot more before investing again
>sold all my positions

>Put most of your savings into a growth fun
i tried that with index funds

No losses to report his week... did 3 small trades this week and were all winners.

selling your quick gain is tough but you have to learn to take those profits.. it's a mental battle

I lost 6k over a year from tradingand it feels fucking horrible man

>Freeloading restriction
You're trying to trade with an account restricted by settlement periods?
You must be crazy. Opportunities will pass you by (for DAYS) while you're unable to capitalize.
It's going to be worse than a terrible two weeks if you keep that shit up.