Tell me everything you know about this guy

>cicero was an anarchist
based

You dont have to be an anarchist to see that laws and regulations often benefit those with power rather than bind them

you do if you want to be consistent
people stay away from being called anarchists just because it has edgy connotations though

How long will you abuse our patience, O Cataline?

What scholars of antiquity are you basing that off of? Surely not one of cicero's works, the good man reinforced the aristocracy and state power. How would you call him an anarchist, despite the danger of imposing modern ideological labels on archaic peoples?

he was a die hard conservative

im just having a laff

He was lawyer and one who was actually moral. He did what he thought was right. Sadly he met his end in Roman politics.

>actually moral

Exactly why he got kicked out of Rome for a decade, he did some immoral shit, like executing citizens without a trial, not even a show one like the Soviets had the decency to use.

he had some shmoe write an epic about his senatoral endeavors with Cataline and he was teased for it :-(

He hated jews.

The Senate passed Senatus Consultum Ultimum, or Final Decree. This meant that the Consuls, Cicero and Antonius Hybrida, would "see to it that the state suffer no harm." It was basically granting emergency powers to the consuls.

Last I checked, planning rebellion was harming the state.

and that was the end of his career, cause executing citizens without trial was against Roman law, as I already stated. After his oration it was all downhill

oy gevalt

He got cucked.
Was a pretty shit statesman and a decent political philosopher, though he considered himself the reverse.
Tried to put too much morality into an amoral system.
Called the "Last of the Romans" like nearly all the other Romans.

Literal shill for oligarchy.

He was too impressionable and prone to overreacting, still, his career was self-made, unlike some of the careers of the "great statesmen" of the time.

Yet Senatus Consultum Ultimum should have indemnified him against liability. His career went through a fallow period, but he was at the peak of his career when he made the Philippics against Antony

Cicero's exile only lasted a year, and he was recalled by the same Senate that exiled him.

Marcus "The Guilds Should Rule Us" Cicero.
Marcus "Money Makes Right" Cicero.
Marcus "Big Biz Bought Me A Villa" Cicero.
Marcus "Godfather Of The Sicilian Mafia" Cicero.
Marcus "Grew Up During Civil War, But Was Never A Soldier" Cicero.
Marcus "I Support Pompey Against Caesar, Except If Caesar Wins" Cicero.
Marcus "I Am Sure Octavian Is A Good Boy, Even If He Wants Me Executed" Cicero.
Marcus "Supported By The Millers Guild, True Roman Bread For True Romans" Cicero.

The greatest orator of the republic. His speeches are beautiful from a purely objective point of view. He has a blemish on his record regarding Caesaro-pompeian politics, but otherwise he was great. Studies in greece, had a based writing style, and basically littlefingered his way out of a plot to have him killed, and in the same breath had the conspirators arrested. He successfully defended a guy accused of patricide (usually the accusation alone was prima facie for guilt) as his first case, and won.

Brutus wrongly implicated him in the death of Caesar, though Cicero opposed him civilly and through discourse rather than war. He knew his philosophy well.

I have no end of good things to say about him. I'm of the opinion he is the most influential Latin author/orator in history, as all who came after couldn't help but be influenced by his style, or consciously reject it entirely. He invented tons of Latin neologisms to explore philosophical and social concepts. He was essentially the Latin Shakespeare mixed with Latin John Adams.