Oxfords

Can I get some help picking out a proper pair of Oxfords? I don't know what to look for. But I do know that I want brown ones.

Here are some I've looked at so far. I like the color of these ones because it's more interesting than plain brown

Other urls found in this thread:

theheightofstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Mike_AE4-1160x1732.jpg
ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_ItemCondition=1000&_nkw=allen edmonds park&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm not sure how I feel about the white sole on these ones, but again, it's "interesting". Not sure if it's a good thing.

And then here are some which are more plain, but maybe that's what I should be after in an Oxford. I'm not sure. They look nice; there just doesn't seem to be anything particularly exciting about them.

I'm open to any other recommendations btw ofc

I like brogues better...it can also help the pretty drab shoes stand out.

Like you pointed out though, the ones with the reddish luster are more visually appealing.

If anyone is looking for really nice shoes but affordable, I get nearly all my nice shoes from Nordstrom rack. as much as 70% off sometimes. Got $600 frye's for $180 the other day

1) Man, if this is your first pair I would advise you to go black, simply because it is way more versatile.

2) You have to pick shoes that don't clash with your suits, or whatever the fuck it is you're wearing.

3) This is a classic shoe, avoid any and all innovations: rubber soles look stupid, colored laces look stupid, strange sideway lacing looks stupid

4) Pick aldens in cordovan shell

None of these are oxfords, OP. These are all bluchers, which are a more casual shoe. The difference is in the open lacing. Pic related; an oxford.

>black
>more versatile
No. It's more *critical* to have a black pair, because they go with the more formal stuff that might come up for big events like weddings and funerals as well as with dark business suits, but black shoes are definitely not more versatile than brown. You can only really pair black shoes with black or charcoal suits, and nobody wears black suits outside funerals and tuxedos.

are black shoes acceptable to wear outside of weddings/funerals with black pants?

Yes, of course! Anything black or gray is fine tb h, I wrote "suits" but I really should've used "pants". I'm just saying that in terms of sheer versatility, the number of different colors you can match them with, brown is much more versatile than black in a shoe.

None of these are Oxfords.

Your first pair of Oxfords should be black, with no perforations and no wingtip.
Look at Allen Edmond's Park Avenue (the quintessential oxford) and find something affordable that looks like it.

>Allen Edmonds Park Avenue
>the quintessential oxford
>made by Americans
Burger, please.

For 300 buy Alen Edmonds
For 500 buy Alden

Do not buy mixed classic types, e.g. cap-toe brogues .

Classics:
- cap-toe
- wing tip

Brown goes with blue and gray suits.
Black is for betas.
No jeans
No open lacing

>Black is for betas

Avoid cheap shit like:
- Johnston & Murphy
- Florsheim
- Stacy Adams

Just wait till you have 250-300 for proper shoes.

>cap-toe brogues
you mean quarter brogues or adelaide?

yes, e.g. allen edmonds 5th avenue

>did you have a boy or a girl?
>yes

When choosing width avoid this:

theheightofstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Mike_AE4-1160x1732.jpg

If the sides meet, the shoes will look 1500 dollars more expensive.

yes

>$400 damn dollaroonies

can't deny that's a nice shoe though

200-250

ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_ItemCondition=1000&_nkw=allen edmonds park&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1

Those are all derby shoes, not bluchers.

Bar Iii Men's Ray Wingtip Oxfords. I just bought these. Pictured

johnston & murphy men's boydstun monk strap loafers are the next pair i am getting soon.

These will also fit in your collection

Normally in Murrica nobody distinguishes between those terms. I know you're technically right, but most people there don't care.