Why haven't you bought WalMart stock today?

Why haven't you bought WalMart stock today?

Today, WalMart announced a new initiative to reduce shrink in it's stores, by creating a new position called the Customer Host. The Customer Host is an associate under the Asset Protection Department who will be posted at building entrances and exits, to engage customers and check merchandise, to deter theft and return fraud. They will be equipped with Walkie Talkies to communicate with managers and Asset Protection should something happen. Basically, think beefed-up People Greeter. Less theft and fraud means less shrink and more profit, which means greater return to investors.

You can read the full release here: blog.walmart.com/business/20160504/offering-customers-more-at-the-door

That sucks, I specifically go to the Wal-Marts in white neighborhoods because they don't have receipt checkers. Sounds like they all will now.

I just paid for my shit 10 feet from you dumb cunt!

>think beefed-up People Greeter
But what about the old people?

I work at WalMart, can confirm this, they told us in a meeting today.

The old people are getting severance packages.

I say "no thanks" and keep walking.

This. I don't feel like waiting in line behind 10 people so some hired obstacle can check to make sure the soda and packet of ramen I bought literally 15 seconds ago isn't eating into the Walton family's precious billions.

Bullshit. There's no way they'd go from announcing the position to firing people so quickly.

It doesn't start until July. They have until then to transfer to another position, take the new position, or accept the package.

they wouldn't stop you?

You mean false imprisonment or possibly battery if they dare to lay a hand on me? Sure, they can go right ahead.. I'd love a fat settlement from JewMart :^]

That's illegal. Also they can't even legally stop you. They've tried this shit on me so I asked for a manager and when they got there I asked the manager if they were accusing me of a crime and they said "of course not" and started yelling at the person who tried to stop me.

Walmart can be saved.

Sam's Club, however, is a lost cause with its racist, sexist CEO who happens to be a black woman.

A new Walmart near my neighborhood opened up a couple of months ago. They are in my neighborhood's crime reporting division so we get bi-weekly "crime reports" from local PD.

That Walmart has 10 or so "shoplifting" calls per week. And those are the ones who get caught. Incredible.

They can legally stop you (google shopowner's privilege), they just don't for liability reasons.

Amazon is going to put them out of business.

>they have no right to stop me. no right.
>lelel check out these wine coolers I scored
y'ok tough guy settle down. try that in a city store next time

Yeah, but it isn't worth their time running after you when you say no and continue on without the alarms even going off.

In general I say fuck Wal-Mart and the ruin they have wrought to this country - but I can not blame them for attempting to stop the flood of thieving niggers from stealing anything not screwed down. On /B there is a common thread posted on preferred techniques to out nigger each other in robbing Wal-mart blind. Walmart bad - niggers worse - old people greeters (who gives a flying fuck).

Right, that will totally work when Jamal peppersprays Walmart Employee in the face.

They can't. The Walmart near me was one of the pilots and I just walked out since there was literally a line of people waiting to have their receipts checked.

This is a horrible idea overall, they'll probably lose more customers than it'll save in shrink and it won't even be viable in areas where Walmart is the only place to shop.

Isn't this the same shit they already do at Sam's Club?

Wal-mart has ridiculous shrink limits at their stores, it's probably around 20-30k per quarter (which is even higher than the margin the store I work at is given per year to be considered profitable). They lost 3 billion dollars worth of product last year.

It could also be employees fucking up stuff like item counts too though. Just imagine all the product that probably gets thrown around these gigantic stores, it's not like all the employees are going to put effort into facing and counting.

Good thing I'm not American because I wouldn't put up with that bullshit.

The pharmacy will sell them 'roids.

That's only if there's reasonable suspicion such as someone witnessing a theft or the alarms going off. They cannot attempt to detain you for declining a receipt check.

Another reason not to shop at Walmart. As if 3 registers per 50 niggers in line weren't bad enough.

more theft = stock price rises
>millions of dollars get stolen
>walmart jack up prices to combat the lose
>stock price rises

Walmart is the reason I started shopping at Whole Foods

I'll pay more to avoid the niggers, homeless people, and Mexican children running wild in the store.

Ten registers and only two have people working at them, and of course the self check out is shut down because it can't function without three employees constantly helping the retards that can't comprehend how to scan and pay for their shit.

All of their fruit and vegetables look like absolute shit.

Will they have them posted at logistics hubs?

NO.

Because Walmart is becoming a dirty word associated with poor people & drug addicts. There are much better chains that retain customers who aren't trying to steal nuggets & frozen pizza.

Two of my local mega walmarts close simultaneously

They're losing market share
Get out while you can

Most shoplifters are actually white millionaires who do it for thrillseeking purposes. Black people are close to last despite being forced to live in marginalized conditions from the get-go. You would know these things instead of relying on bigoted urban legends from stormfront if you had something called an education.

>Most shoplifters are white millionaires
Gonna need to see a sauce for that buddy

Walmart tries hard to perpetuate the dirtiness association.

Their logo is literally an asshole.

Sorry but I don't have a neonazi geocities source run by a white male named Cleetus for you so it will be unacceptable.

That shit is so fucking annoying. I'll be going to Walmart less.

That's the same company.

"John, they're stealing!"

go to Target, hill billy

I wont invest in walmart until they improve their customer service. Until then it's a company that is biding its time until a more upscale and competitive retail chain comes along.

>create trash environment that attracts trash customers
>employees are treated like wetback construction workers
>have to hire additional 'loss prevention' staff

they're running an inner city school

Huh, actually wal-mart have been marked as "about to crash" companies, like sony. There's a lot of competition, and with lower and lower transportation costs, people are getting more used to order on-line and stop worrying about doing lines, cashiers and stuff.

If this entire customer host turns out to be another deterrent to go shopping into wal-mart, then it will be yet another nail on their own coffin.

Nice bait.

>May I check your receipt, sir or madam?

They have these receipt checker cunts at Fry's and its usually a huge hassle. With Walmart's 'down market' clientele, it's going to be a shit show of black sass at the exit doors.

Noice understanding of price elasticity!

Are you fucking insane? Niggers steal. This is known. What a dumbass you are. I would appreciate it if you would avoid being disrespectful of white consumers.

Watched this ghetto bitch go full nigger at the register the other day because her EBT card was declined.

This is bait, but most of the people I know that steal from walmart actually are middle classed white college aged people. They don't try to steal headphones or TV's and shit though. Just gum and batteries.

Probably because that's what you are and who you know... I'm telling you I know of entire convienence stores in the ghetto that are stocked with stolen goods from Wal-Mart being resold. Its more than just shrinkage...

Just going to leave this here.

The argument has been for years that the liability costs and impact on store quality/clientele make it so that stopping customers at the door just does not make economic sense. You only intervene on those you have definitive proof of theft, and preferably away from other customers to avoid creating a negative atmosphere impact. Walmart does have the issue that they are completely incapable changing their image at this point, not because of the actual client base at their stores but of their longstanding practices. The recent fiasco with the marketplace stores is only further proof that their corporate management are completely out of touch.

Yeah I know I was saying this isn't really "new" for them as a company.

I steal tv dinners from walmart. But only about half the ones I actually bought. I go in and buy groceries, bananas, milk, cheese, etc and around 5-6 tv dinners. I only pay for about 2-3 of them and put the rest in the bag as I check out.

I'm kinda nervous as I do it. I'm white decently dressed, and late 20's, living in a decent neighborhood.

They sometimes had receipt checkers. The kid didn't even look at my receipt and just said "it's ok go ahead"

This seems a bit drastic since it affects the customer experience. Their upcoming earnings mid May might be pretty rough if they're scrimping for $$$ this hard.

I hate when they ask me for my receipt. I just ignore them and walk out.

No one that gets paid $8.50hr cares to go through your shity plastic bag of garbage meals. Now where you're actually going to get caught is when they do inventory on those 'tv dinners'. They will realize they are short and start to actively monitor that area. Then monitor you at the register after a couple of times. Switch it up and you'll get away with shit for years.

I withdraw my earlier statement about niggers shoplifting- it does appear to be white people who are stealing wm blind. Niggers are more apt to rob u with a gun.

will they being paying the slave overseers enough that they don't become leaky?
does the amount of pay required to prevent leakiness cost less than the standard losses?

none of that shit in Walmart is worth stealing anyway - it's all shit.

I work at WalMart. I'd estimate it's 70% niggers and 30% white trash.

You can tell they're about to go under when a multinational billion dollar corporation has to shill on Veeky Forums. Looking at stock prices the day this was announced, real investors felt the same. No real move.