Work from home/online does it really work?

I live in a small town far from any job opportunities including minimum wage jobs.

Like most people I've ended up searching countless hours for work from home opportunities but most seem really fishy as they require you to pay in order to even start using their little scheme.

My only real skills that are somewhat brag worthy is my typing skills and gaming skills. I've also looked into gold farming in games for cash because I'm damn good at farming currency in games.

I've been training to join the Military (a should be easy to get job) but until then I need cash now. What should I do?

No, you'll get distracted and waste the work day fapping, shitposting, and procrastinating.

Sounds like you've had a past experience in working from home. Please give details in how you got your job, don't worry I'm not like you so I won't fail like you have.

It's out there but it's not going to pay you much.

Well if you need to pay then that's a red flag for a scam. You should never pay an employer.

I can't seem to find anything either and I'm in the same boat.

Home

Pick one

Ignore these doubters, I am literally at work as we speak in my own home for a call center making .25 cent a minute of talk time (That averages $15/hr) Yes, it costed me 65 dollars to get started because they make applicants buy their own background checks. That is a justified price.

Continued, Working with Live ops I can literally browse boards etc, waiting for calls to come in, I only got 4 hours of talk time tonight and I was skyping with my girl on mute and browsing boards the whole time, but with upsells included I probably made near 80 bucks so far, and its so chill that I could probably stay on for another 5 hours if i wasnt out of redbull, lol

Pic related
>I am new to this company and its what Ive made in my spare time, not including tonight.

Wow, what are the requirements to work for them?

>Yes, it costed me 65 dollars to get started because they make applicants buy their own background checks

Sounds legit

>has no marketable skills
>wants to work from home

Of course you do, but unfortunately for you, nobody hands out salaries for being useless. You're going to have to have a skill worth paying for to justify an entry level work from home job, and even then they're going to give you quotas you'll have to meet if you want to keep your job unless/until you learn enough skills to have a job that isn't metric driven.

Alpine Access is a call center type operation that you work from home for. That was my first job out of college and I had no skills.

Live ops wont hire you if you sound unmarketable however, you at least have to have the skills to talk on the phone without sounding like you're reading a script.

Apline pays less, but its definitely a great start to polish your skills before applying for live ops.

I work from home and make a decent living considering I'm still in university (~$2000/month).

Started with translation back in the Elance/Odesk days and scaled that shit to the top.

Now I'm a copywriter which is basically salesmanship in print.

I have posted in many threads about what I do and how to get there so let me know if this is something you'd like to know more about. (inb4 buy my book).

While I'm working from home atm, after university I'm planning on traveling with my laptop as my ATM that spews money out whenever I need it.

That definitely beats the daily commute.

You don't have to go to work, but you definitely have to do the work.

I work from home as a test grader for Educational Testing Service.

It's an actual job, but you'd have to have qualifications for it OP. Most of the tests require at least a Bachelors, many want a Masters and teaching experience. But it's super comfy and some of the tests pay well (especially the TOEFL).

I work from home doing IT. Would not mind a 10hr/week side hustle though.

Do you need to work from home cause you're on house arrest, SKrheliTd?

Can you explain what the fuck you actually do?

Wiki says a copywriter writes jingles and add and shit.

For example, the top banner on this page says "visit the j-list now".
Is that fine ass wordsmithing typically done by a copywriter?
How much would you get paid for a piece like that?

Do you get money every time a radio jingle is jingled on the air? Or do jou get a single sum. I assume for printed media it would be the latter.

How do I get into copywriting? I've read some blogs but it seems like they just want to sell their bullshit 99 dollar ebooks....

I'd like to know more about how you got started. I have a few years of freelance copywriting experience, including a former full-time gig and probably 100+ blog posts and articles floating around in the Internet marketing space. I just built up my Upwork profile and instantly got a hit for $40 per article on the first client I reached out to.

I feel that I have experience and want to transition to working from home, but don't really know where to start. Site with portfolio? Cold call?

I currently write for textbroker and I can say for the most part it's bullshit. You either end up getting paid way less than the work is worth or you have to jump through hoops. The only jobs I know that pay good are transcription(which can be hard to get into) or english tutoring(good pay and easy to get into). If you do multiple sites you can maybe get minimum wage. I can get like $70 a week or so from textbroker and I'd like to make some more from mturks. If I can get another $10-$15 a day from them I'm straight

I write stuff that persuades people to do something.

I could be a banner ad, Facebook ad, Sales page, VSL script, Direct mail, etc.

Now while the goal of most of these is similar - get people to act, the ways of presenting it are very different.

A sales letter can go on for 10+ pages until you convince the reader to buy, subscribe, etc.

A Facebook ad only has several sentences and a picture, but can accomplish the same goal with the right audience.

A VSL script can go for 10 minutes and up.

I get paid per project if it's a one-time gig.
I also get paid a monthly retainer where I do anything copy related for a client.

I also receive royalties from certain clients (a % off of every sale made with my copy).

My pay depends on each project, but a ballpark estimate would be $60 for one Email or $50 each if you need 5 or more Emails (which is usually the case).

A lot of psychological, strategic, persuasive stuff goes into every piece of copy.

That's true. Many copywriters push their own products, but only a handful provide good quality material.

I started from scratch and being a non-native English speaker didn't help much.

However, you can find a guy to work for and enter the so-called "whoring" stage, where you work to get experience and see how everything goes from the inside.

It's important, however, to go under a proven and reliable marketer/expert.

Also, joining groups where this stuff is discussed will answer every question you might have.

First stop would be "The Cult of Copy" Facebook group. It's really teeming with good info, just click the search bar.

But remember, there must be balance, you could read 500 books on Copywriting, but if you never written a decent piece - no one will look your way.

Yeah I did the Upwork grind for awhile...

Ditch that shit if you already have what you say you have. Those sites are only decent for beginners and they are crawling with terrible clients and bottom-feeders.

Create your own website, join Facebook groups that are focused around marketing, copywriting, etc.

e.g. Cult of Copy, Internet Marketing Super Friends, etc.

Post relevant and quality content in those groups, be active, provide value to others.

Then you can write a post about how you're looking for work (Cult of Copy Job Board), add your website and voila!

The guys on those Facebook groups are smart, they all hate Upwork and they pay you very fairly according to what you bring to the table.

Provide value and clients will come to you.

Do you mind doing some what illegal stuff?

what?

I do ewhoring. Made $1400 in two weeks. The pics I use are from I girl I made a deal with.

I do the advertising, and the talking. They get their nudes, the girl gets her share, I get my money.

Please, explain senpai

Develop your skills at being a closet homosexual imitating girls.

Find a girl to make your own picture pack so it stays 100% legal. The ones you find on the internet are shitty and saturated. You can always pick some whore in the street and make a fake cam.

Find a niche and websites to get traffic from.

Use an android emulator for snapchat and shit.

What's a good way to generate your own income online besides selling shit or doing meme currency?

I work from home once a week.

I get more done than I do when I'm in the office since people don't bug me every 10 minutes.

try online tutoring. Nicetalk, cambly, etc
Try writing articles for textbroker or cracked

I make the most from Mturk surprisingly. I have a shit ton of qualifications on there and do writing gigs a lot and some surveys.

I make about $60 a day on there. Then I hop on Leapforce and make $40 to get a solid $100 a day. I want to replace Mturk with something else though, it gets boring after awhile. Only reason I still do it is out of autism, I love seeing my numbers go up on there.

Gotta say I recommend Leapforce highly I you want something super fucking easy. The only hard part is actually passing the test and being chosen to work for them.

There are other similar jobs like Leapforce but I think Leapforce is the best out of them.

>SKrheliTd
Newfag

Know of any sites that offer decent pay for English-Japanese (and vice versa) translation?

>I get paid per project if it's a one-time gig.
>I also get paid a monthly retainer where I do anything copy related for a client.
>I also receive royalties from certain clients (a % off of every sale made with my copy).

How are you getting your prospects and how did you start? Will a simple landing page, PPC, and cold calling prospects approach work?

Is textbroker a meme? Wrote a few articles for them, all got 5 stars and super-enthusiastic responses from the clients. Textbroker took forever to rate them and then rated them all 4 stars with nitpicky comments... that's when I figured it was impossible to get up to 5 stars and stopped doing it.

try Proz.com; and also look into Upwork. For exotic matches like English-Japanese you can charge no less than $0.10 per source word.

> Start by reading, consuming as much info as you can about marketing/copywriting.

> Take notes on important parts that you could later elaborate on or create some good content

> Join Facebook groups, forums, etc.

> Post the digested stuff you learned in a easy-to-read, value based form. (quick guide to...; important secret of...; etc.) NO SELLING, JUST VALUE

> People will engage with your posts if you it consistently (very important).

> As soon as you build your online presence as a guy who constantly posts good content, people will see you as an expert who knows what's up. (and you will btw)

> Only then post that you're looking for work and pick out of the dozens of proposals from people who want to work with YOU.

This may seem tedious and you may not see yourself as the guy who is posting something every day or two.

This is just my experience and it's what worked for me and others. I used to think that guys who post videos of themselves talking about motivational stuff are assholes, but then I saw that they make $10k/month with one client, $7k/month with another.

If a client is big and makes >$1mil/year then it isn't a big deal for him to pay you $7k/month if you bring results that work.

Can you give me any information on live ops? What does a typical call normally consist of? Do you just generally try and sell a product to a random client?

That's really interesting, so essentially you're getting all your leads from facebook groups? Because you establish yourself as an authority?

Also can you just use a page to post in groups?

Is it important to make your page as professional as say linkedin?

Thanks a lot. Really inspiring.

>Also can you just use a page to post in groups?
What I mean by that is, can I use a branded page?

Do you use personal branded accounts for specific websites or always use your personal one to republish from your content network and interact?

bump

Facebook groups, forums, I even got a client from Veeky Forums with whom I'm still working today.

The idea is that you may create your personal page and as your persona gets bigger you can direct people to like your page.

As for posting in the groups from that page, it depends. When you join those FB groups they have owners or someone who is the head honcho - shoot them a PM and ask, they are super nice and will help you out (in my experience most of them are awesome guys). Colin Theriot, Nathan Collier, Chris Bloor just to name a few.

As for the professional page, etc. it's up to you.

If you wanna present yourself as the suit-wearing, slick professional then do that.
Or you could just present yourself as a flip-flop, hawaiian shirt wearing lazy guy who just enjoys writing copy and chilling.

A lot of pros I know talk in seminars like that because they have a reputation and people listen.

That's real cool man you should start a thread and help some others make content. I know it's not that hard it just takes a lot of work and creative thinking. But you have so much valuable knowledge I don't think a lot are realizing the potential of copywriting,

I'd be really interested to hear more about your story, first client, funny cases, the hard things that you came across, etc.

Thanks man, appreciate it!

I often browse Veeky Forums but most of the threads are about trading, stocks and studies.
When I find freelance/work from home threads like this I contribute, otherwise I don't think a copywriting thread would get traction.

Maybe I'll put something together to make it interesting - there's a lot of stuff you learn in the trenches that you wish you knew before going in.

Costed

Any advice for someone who just found mechanical turks a couple of days ago?