Veeky Forums discussion thread

>be me
>still young
>finishing studies
>only friend is my ex
>do nothing with my time and find myself constantly underwhelmed

Veeky Forumsm I'm bored. I want to find new interesting friends, and I want to feel the euphoric rush of being in love again. I don't know what to do. I dress nice, but for what? I try to make myself presentable. But I just can't approach people for the life of me, or start up a conversation, or anything.
I want to attend more parties but nobody ever invites me. I feel a little like an outcast but I don't know why.

Anybody else feeling this right now? How do you guys 'peacock' in social situations?

Pic only related because she's my fashion inspo right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=AuPOwe-2EYA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump cause I'm not good at making threads.

Share your struggles guys. I want to feel not alone and circulate some advice.

But your lifestyle sounds Veeky Forums as fucc

I live in a shitty town in Australia; that could also contribute to the fact I'm 'foreveralone' and I also feel like an outcast. First and last party I was ever invited to, I drew some girl on a paper tablecloth in exchange for a cigarette, got drunk, and nobody talked to me all night.

Honestly just want a cute Veeky Forums guy to go to art museums with and wake up for sunrises to drink black coffee together and shit.

You got sc?

why is it so not obvious what your gender is?

I do but because of my lack of doing anything interesting ever (and any time I do I don't have the reception to document it), plus my self-consciousness to post fits, it's pretty underwhelming (like my life).
If you still want it, it's honeygirlhuff.

Cause I haven't specified? I'm a girl. Femanons cop a lot of shit on Veeky Forums so I try to keep that detail to myself.

I have some friends. Nevertheless, I feel very lonely because I am not able to relate to them at all. It's a feeling of alienation. Maybe I am too eccentric and people here are quite square.

I know that feel.

my friends only care for me temporarily. They smile at me or whatever but as soon as I try and engage in any form of conversation that doesn't try to exploit myself or others, they ignore me, they don't listen to me. They're only interested in stirring shit because their lives aren't interesting enough. And these are the 'art' kids of the school.
They used to think I was really 'cool' or 'edgy' because I'd go against dress codes or speak out against teachers but now, it's senior year, nobody gives a shit anymore. I'm dying to get out.

you used the term peacock so I wasn't sure. however, peacocking in social situations typically is a billion times easier with a "crew" of sorts (friends). You say you're finishing studies so school maybe is an option to meet some people?

also, the important thing at parties is to make an effort. you dont need to be aggressive, just strike up a conversation with either a common interest you may overhear, or even simply asking how they know the host. if you run into a good conversationalist, they should take the lead. especially with alcohol involved, dont be afraid to dive in and see where it leads. questions are always easy and always flattering

I know the feels anons

> Working to "make it"
> Getting invited out, having fun
> But everything is one step forward two steps back
> Losing friends over arguments
> Local stylist fucked up my hair when I just wanted to look good for university

Its definitely a skill you have to practice, start small and work the anxiety out. Maybe just online chat, then face to face, then in groups etc.

It definitely does, same situation here in upside down land. Only friends Ive made out of school are from work

By peacocking I also meant through the way you present yourself (i.e., fashion). I always have a sketchbook on hand, and I try to use that as a prop, but I've found it doesn't really work. I've heard pins and patches, as well as graphic tee's work. They're just not really my thing much anymore. I try to avoid having too much of a 'cluttered' look, I guess.

Thanks for the tips. I'm rarely invited to parties, though, as I said. And it's a small town. So it's difficult to run into new people here.
I'd like to take a trip into the city and try and mingle with my older brother's friends. But we've got a 10 year age gap so he's all conservative and terse around me. I know he smokes and does dope, but he just acts like an 'older brother' and would never in a million years let me party with him. It is what it is.

Oh shit dude, you're in Aus? NSW or elsewhere? I'm not planning on going to uni but I kind of want to now just to find some cool, like-minded folk to chill with.

I think one of my problems is that I suffer from schizoid personality disorder.
But whatever you sound like an interesting person with whom I could imagine a nice friendship. (Sadly we seem to live far away - I am from Austria to specify)

I'm not sure I'd utilize props, as being "natural" always works in your favor in social situations. it may give a conflicted vibe...like they think you wish to be left alone (imagine someone reading at a party)...same idea of crossed arms being "closed off" body language.

but otherwise, the specifics aren't as important as is "looking good" as trite as that is to say. doesnt need to be loud, flashy, or represent anything specific, just wear something that both looks good, and you're comfortable in. it can have an effect of building off each other...looking good gives confidence, confidence makes others perceive you better, their positive response increases your confidence ...etc

Sadly QLD and QUT for university. Its surprising because theres actually QUT threads every so often.

Even going to uni depending on the degree its hard to find people you can meld with

are you me?

Yeah, that party I went to I ended up alone, on the floor drawing and very drunk. I suppose nobody wanted to deal with me.

And as for fashion, I'd just want somebody to tell me I dress nicely, then I'd know that they are interested in fashion or care about aesthetics, or what have you.

Threads on Veeky Forums or /b/ or /soc/?? Maybe QUT is the place to be. I'd go to ANU but Canberra is fucking shit and just as isolated as where I live. Ideally I'd study in Sydney but Sydney is ... well... Sydney.

I'd just want to have some interesting experiences with others.

Speaking of, is anybody willing to share their fondest memory of spending time with a friend or SO? I could do with a smile.

well honestly then the person who invited you was shit for just abandoning you like that and letting you alone

bright side is, if uni is the future then you'll have more party opportunities then you could dream :)

its kind've the point of uni in a way

Damn, I can relate so much. If you find out how to deal with this, let me know.

>Threads on Veeky Forums or /b/ or /soc/?? Maybe QUT is the place to be. I'd go to ANU but Canberra is fucking shit and just as isolated as where I live. Ideally I'd study in Sydney but Sydney is ... well... Sydney.
ahhaaha I have a mate who moved out to go to ANU and pretty sure it's made him legitimately depressed lol, this is a guy who lived in Adelaide previously

fookin lol I actually have a similar story with a mate from Qld.

Qut is pretty alright, the threads about it are usually on here. There was one a while ago about some guy wearing timmies and being lazy in class.

I thought this was a strictly no happiness allowed thread. You dont seem like a bellend though you got sc or anything?

>be me
>still young
>starting uni studies
>already making weird cool effay friends at uni
>went op-shopping today
>planning on getting onto some roofs of some skyscrapers just for fun
I know this stuff is kind of pathetic in the big picture but I'm actually pretty happy with how my life's turning out
been seeing a girl for past few weeks as well but still technically >tfw no gf

yeah. see She checked up on me a lot. She's a nice girl. We're just not tight, you know? Not 'best friends'.

My mum's pushing me to go to uni and she says uni is a lot of fun. But she also didn't have to pay for her uni fees, so.....

I'm taking advice, but I'm also reaching out to some friends to invite me whenever they're hosting a party (I also offered to bring some food/drinks). I honestly have no clue. I've never been very popular myself.

Canberra is fucking shit. The only friend I have who lives there works a managerial position at EB games and she's even planning to move to Melbourne soon. Canberra is a sad place. Drove me crazy when I spent a year there when I was 10.

You're pretty much living my dream life. How'd you do it?

>do jack shit
>be bored
I think it's pretty fucking obvious what you need to do, the real thing here, and why you made this thread, is that you don't want to feel responsible for your situation. But it all comes down to you.
Start a new hobby, get some sort of goal for your current life, do things and get new experiences.
Start doing some sorta sport, exercising lifts your mood up and you will have more energy for the rest of the shit you enjoy.
Being 'interesting' and doing 'interesting' things doesn't come naturally to the 'interesting' people, they need to go out there and put themselves on the line and that's the only difference between you and them.

I was in the same boat as OP.
I picked up boxing and finished both car
and motorcycle licenses, haven't really been too bored since- unless I don't feel like doing anything.
Pick something up, literally anything that you enjoy. You'll have stuff to do and you'll meet people with similar interests, win/win.

>You're pretty much living my dream life. How'd you do it?
idk i was the typical neurotic anxiety-ridden robot kid during most of high school, at some point i just started to dress/act more confidently. Alcohol was a huge help I think t b h lol
Honest to god Veeky Forums actually helped me to become a more confident and happy human being just by providing a third way to present and dress myself, with the people I was surrounded by they either didnt care how they dressed (NB-wearing robot-types) or they were absolute normie/yuppy type people, and I didn't really feel like either way was right for me. I started to use Veeky Forums because I used to post on /mu/ a lot at the time and idk it just kind of lead me to more alternative ways of dressing that I felt really confident with.

There's more to it than that but I think the way one dresses actually has a pretty big bearing on how they shape the identity through which they interact with the world, the trick is finding a style which represents you and which isn't too weird for other people.

>do jack shit
>because studies
>exams in two weeks
>kind of stuck in this situation

I get you're trying to help and all, but I'd rather you not sound patronising, man.
I go to art exhibitions a lot, I even exhibit my own work whenever I can.
My ex and I spend a lot of time together. I guess I just gotta break away from him and start trying to find other people to spend my time with. He and I are just on the same level. Our sense of humour only work together. I try to be funny around other people and nobody finds me funny except for him.

>do some sorta sport
No.
>exercising lifts your mood
I run every day.

I'm not saying I'm NOT interesting myself, I'm saying that my interests don't match those that are around me and I'm having trouble finding anyone with similar interests.

Same here senpai. Suicide is unironically the best way to deal with all of this. I'm going to end it all after paying back family loans.

How many of you guys work and study at the same time? Ive been trying to get myself out there more but I get super stressed by work

Wish I could say I do, Veeky Forumsm. I was looking for a job at the start of the year to afford a trip out to the States this time next year but those plans have fallen through so I've got no reason to get one anymore.

>Had shoulder-length hair for most of my life
>Met my girlfriend 2 years ago
>Want to shave it all down to zero cause it just feels faggy now
>She and my entire family are bitching against it

What should I do Veeky Forums ? My facial features are stronk and my skull is not weirdly shaped / has bumps.

>No
gr8 attitude you have there I'm sure you will get out of this situation in no time

I know how it feels bro. I live in a small town in New Zealand and I'm depressed as fuck

ah yes I think I can relate to you. I just started my studies and have tried to talk to other people in my class but they all seem very diffrent to me. I read that you are from Australia, me too :^) I live in Brisbane. It sucks here in my opinion, I feel like everyone is judgmental and if you're vaguely eccentric people will just think you're a fucking weirdo

ops wrong reply

ops wrong reply

>ah yes I think I can relate to you. I just started my studies and have tried to talk to other people in my class but they all seem very diffrent to me
I'm not alone, gosh. I'm always shy when I enter a new group of people and it kills my life

I wish i came across someone who was shy. I would feel more comfortable around them I think

Just look like you're interesting.
Also, be interesting.

This board won't help you because it's full of timid teens who want nothing more than to fit in and fear nothing more than to stand out which is the opposite of what will get you girls.

If you want to know more about being interesting I recommend you read The Game by Neill Strauss (it's more of an account of the pickup artist community than a manual but should do the trick for anyone who's not an autist) and watch Larry Wessel's documentary on Boyd Rice, "Iconoclast", which you can find on youtube. Also Alejandro Jodorowsky. You'll find lots of help in occult media as those people are all about self-mastery and subtle manipulation of others (not /x/ occult, more like Crowley/Evola/Jodorowsky occult).

All the people telling you to be yourself and that everything must happen naturally are right but some people have been deluded by the media into thinking of themselves as something they are not, so they need media that will break down their illusions and teach them how to be their natural self.
I would argue that most people hold false beliefs about themselves and would do good reflecting on and removing these.

Damn, I'm a Perthian.

Qut/Brisbane is where its at, I would say to do a meet up so we can be loner/fa/gs together but look what happened last time

can this happen

20 year old /k/omanndoLeaf and general cucked male never had a serious relathionship, all of my loves have hated me in the end or cheated was denied my dream job in the military due to a heart murmur. Going back to school so i can make money knowing that i will never be happy with what i do, no love on the horizon and waining hope. Not all bad though been going to the gym hard and lost 17 pounds since January.

Shy individuals really have a sensitivity to other people. They know what it feels like to feel nervous or lonely, so they can be quite good at helping other people feel comfortable when they aren’t on the spot.
But also they are really really egoistic. I can say that as a shy person. So I think that you would not feel more comfortable around them actually

Will on of you social outcasts be my fake friend?

seems that you are guest in Veeky Forums

Throw us a kik, snapchat or something else user and lets bitch about brisbane

Have friends, but still, after all these years, think they don't consider me one. So I can relate with some of you guys. I wanna hang out half the time and the other half to be alone. I revel in my isolation at times because I don't have to deal with stupid social shit.

I wanna try out walking at night until the dawn breaks, see how far I can go. Seems comfy

Not every shy person is just like you moron. Quit spreading this buzzfeed tier shit around and stop making stupid generalizations.

try LSD

my dudes. 2nd semester at uni and still haven't made any friends

6nd semester at uni and haven't made friends

i have social anxiety so i can't speak to another people...i hate this situation and i'm totally depressed. My last chance to make me feel better is the fashion, but i'm afraid to buy new pieces, because i think i can find more better.

Now I'm starting to accept my shit, lonely life.
>go to clubs alone
>go to the cinema alone
>go to shop alone
>go to museum alone
>thinking about how can i burn my old huaraches that i was wearing three times
>at least i get sometimes a positive feedback about my fit
>now, my only dream to find w2c my new Veeky Forums boots

>be me
>21, soon to be 22 feel not so young though I still have baby face and look like a teenager
>been 5 years in uni, dropped out of my first career and I'm in the middle of the current one
>no friends, or ex for that matter
>do nothing with my time, usually watch films and just wait for the day to pass
>every interaction with other people turns awkward as fuck and I tend to bluish so I just avoid them at all
at least I look good on my black skinny jeans r-right

>bluish
blush I mean

thread theme:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=AuPOwe-2EYA

i have no friends

>only friend is my ex
that's pretty Veeky Forums desu

He's still like 70% in love with me which sucks. Like I said, I want to have a new fling, with an effay dude...

>go to clubs alone
>go to the cinema alone
>go to shop alone
>go to museum alone
>thinking about how can i burn my old huaraches that i was wearing three times
>at least i get sometimes a positive feedback about my fit
>now, my only dream to find w2c my new Veeky Forums boots

you've described my fucking life, sometimes I feel like I'm damned by a witch or something

i cant find a stream for iconoclast anywhere online help please

>All the people telling you to be yourself and that everything must happen naturally are right but some people have been deluded by the media into thinking of themselves as something they are not, so they need media that will break down their illusions and teach them how to be their natural self.
>I would argue that most people hold false beliefs about themselves and would do good reflecting on and removing these.
This is the main idea of Fight Club. Thank you for your message, especially for these recomendations

Me neither, was it taken down for being too redpilled?

>I've authored several books, but I'm not a writer. I've made a living as a recording artist for the last 30 years, but I can't read a note of music or play an instrument. I've somehow managed to make a career out of doing a great number of things I'm in no way qualified to do.

You cant tell me that isn't even a little bit inspiring

yeah i like boyd rice thats why i want to see it
30 euro seems a little bit much so
cant identifiy with the nazi stuff but i dont fully have to i guess

fuck off disgusting attention seeking Anglo cunt

>Canberra is a sad place. Drove me crazy when I spent a year there when I was 10
tfw i've lived in Canberra for 18 years :(

>I want to have a new fling, with an effay dude...
OMAHA

pleees keeeell yersleffff
you're making it hard for me to sympathize with you when you're a shitty person.

This entire thread is just more evidence that female posters are THE worst posters on any board. Even BRAP posters are more interesting than OP blathering on about how hard her life is because she's bored. Sad!

how was that shitty please elaborate

Probably the fact that you are staying close with someone who wants you back but you don't let them get back with you.
It's either ditch them or rekindle or relationship, any in-between would be torture for him.

>been seeing a girl for past few weeks as well but still technically >tfw no gf
Is this a fucking joke?

This..No wonder /r9k/ autists called them as attention seeking whore

it was on youtube for some time, probably taken down by wessel
it's on tpb though i think

This person isn't OP they just asked for me.

But dude, you honestly have no way of telling what the relationship is like. It's not about 'getting back with him' because we were miserable in a relationship together. We're better as friends, he just has strong feelings for me cause we fucked a lot, and I got close to his family and everything. He doesn't 'want me back', because he already has me. He's literally the only person I hang out with.

Relationship's aren't just black and white. It's not so easy for you to say 'kill yourself' based on your minimal understanding of the situation. Thanks for your input, though.

All is a cute effay gf or a cool as fuck effay best female/male friend who'll help me build my style and I can do cool stuff with.

I live in L O N D O N and it's still impossible to get these, though I'm pretty much a loner

very similar story
>be me
>still young
>finishing studies
>only have 2 friends irl and 2 who i talk to online.
>both of the online friends are grills
>both are qts
>have a crush on both
>cant be with either
>do nothing worthwhile with my time and find myself constantly underwhelmed

also
>dresses terrible despite browsing Veeky Forums for at least 2 hours every day
>short
>kissless virgin loser
>every day, get home, browse Veeky Forums and tumblr, play some vidya, do some photoshop/blender
>still really bad at those despite doing them daily
>too late to join sports because the minimum skill level is way above my skill level
>too antisocial to talk to new people
>too autistic to aproach girls

it aint going to well for me anons
i just want to live a normal life.

Have you ever considered the reason why it could be so hard for you to find another guy to be with is because they find it difficult to hand out their trust to someone who spends a substantial amount of time with their ex-lover, and would likely continue to in a relationship. Just saying that it is very easy to jump to conclusions from an outside perspective.

Also why even are crying out on the internet about how you want more like minded friends? Newsflash but quite a lot of people on here would have the same problems as you, it's just very few feel the need to tell everyone else.
Hell, you've even given away what university you go to, probably hoping for the unlikely event that someone who also studies there will read this and want to be friends with you. Quite frankly that is such a lazy attempt at finding new people in your life. You can't expect everything to just be handed to you so easily, even new friendships. Sometimes you have to actually put yourself out there and put in some effort.

Honestly if everyone visiting this website created a thread to vent about all their real life problems, how would it be any different from this thread? And what would make your voice be worth even listening to? desu a thread like this belongs on /adv/ rather than Veeky Forums, where such self pity and pointless venting between like minded people is commonplace, rather than the fucking fashion board. You've pulled some real mental gymnastics to skew your "issue" into something vaguely fashion related.

this is a good thread

Hello friends.
I just want to let you know that if you feel alienated, disconnected, "autistic", etc, you should remember that a whole lot of people feel the same way that you do, as evidenced by this very thread. Nobody knows what they're doing in life or love or otherwise. All you can do is treat the time you spend with others as truly important, and spend more time in your own life instead of engaged with someone else's through the media of instagram, imageboards, obsessive texting, etc. Pick up a hobby, a craft, a trade. Learn how to subtly let people know that you want to be around them and are interested in what they have to say. and sate yourself with the simple pleasure of treating friends and strangers honorably and warmly. Love thy neighbors; love thyself.

Also this guy is right, take this shit off of Veeky Forums

Its your skull lad

This thread stinks of slave lingo and disgusting loser

Who the hell takes a drawing pad to a party, no offence buts thats kinda not cool to bring that, like super rude. Unless your actively engaging people and doing funny caricatures or something (still would be kinda weird).
Really if youd left that and just got drunk someone woulda probs spoke to you and then in turn you would speak to someone else and eventually its like woooo party tiiiiime.

I know this cos I dont know anyone I chill with properly, its like Ive just started in this city or somethin. Im not gonna go into the detail but my old 'crew' showed there true colours and shit got a bit real if you know what Im saying.

Now I hang out with uni graduates? I havent seen since high school. People who think that Anarchy is a good idea, people who still hold onto their teenage angst against their mum, religion, chavs etc and drop 'playing adult' quite a lot. Were all nearly 30 with full time jobs and pets and houses and trying to start families, pretty fucking adult not playing. Does my head in. Get some real world experience, I paid for your failed 7th fucking uni course!!!
K so I kinda went off then.

Im a super awkward dude, I work alone on the phone and see no one. Well I do, cos I force it, Im pretty sure these guys put up with me desu. But then later on in the night I actually feel some comradery cos we all got furked up together. I come across very confident, Im witty and honest.
I shake a lot.
Im pretty anxious.

I added you on sc, Ill talk to you about owt. I dont know if Im a friend but Im definitely a conversation.

I too know these feelings.
How do I get on skyscraper roof tops?

you sound unintelligent

You don't choose the friends you have, only the ones you don't have. If you feel like you are true to yourself, I don't think you really have to change. My girlfriend was in similar shoes, and all we really did was learn to deal with it. People don't like her, I usually go out alone, she is an introvert so it's fine, but still, I always kinda wish my friends would like her a bit more for what she is.

Ultimately, situations happen to you, you don't make them. All you can really do is be true and good to yourself. Maybe try a new hobby?

sounds like you all find solace in approval from your peers for some reason when that is decidedly a flaw that will restrict you from a variety of things

>be prep school douche
>same friends for 6 years
>in bands, have qt effay Veeky Forums gf
>move away to university in a different state
>no friends at all except the online ones- totally invisible
>pop pills and read to cope
probably an Veeky Forums existence but it's so lonely. I went to this school thinking that the low acceptance rate would bring in interesting people but most of the kids here aren't interested in music or books or anything that isn't fraternity shit

or british maybe?

start smoking weed

>senior in high school
>Slacked off hard in school
>Going to second rate state college in hometown
>Gonna live with parents
>Freinds aren't into anything I'm into and I'm only freinds with then because we've been freinds since 7th grade but we went to different high schools
>Didn't make ONE actual freind in high school
>I'm freindly with people but we don't ever talk outside of school
>I'm not good at anything
>I tried music, drawing, etc.
>I'm talentless
>I can skate but that's it and I'm not that good at it, I can get around on one and that's it.
>All I do is go to thrift shops, play Vidya and never finish then, start shows on Netflix and never finish them, lurk fashion fourms and grailed,skate around at my old middle school, and watch cooking videos/read recipes
>It should satisfy me but it doesn't, I just need better people around me
>Freinds are great but we share nothing besides our sense if humor and politics
>I live in North Jersey pretty close to NYC so I wanna move there so bad
>Maybe I can transfer to a school in a big city if I do good for a few years
>Also have really bad oneitis on this chick in my English class but I can't turn aqaintances into freinds so how can I turn one into a gf

I know this feel all too well

Who needs friends when you have Veeky Forums?

can someone ID this shirt? wtc

as for OP, just bee urself :^)
make better friends by going to places with your shitty friends that have other random people there, talk to them, connect, befriend cooler people, ditch shitty friends, repeat. hopefully you're not too autistic to do so.

>spend all yesterday and today looking forward to hanging out with qt i've been talking to
>he never got back to me when i tried confirming our plans for today
>spent a long time getting dressed/ready anyway hoping he'd text me while i was in the shower or something
>no response. now i'm in bed shitposting
i know nobody owes me their time or attention or whatever but being blown off fucking sucks

>meet girl on tinder 2h away
>eventually get her snapchat
>talk like that for 50 days
>talk on the phone twice now, feel stupid, shes good at talking so thats nice, but I stammer and is socialy disorianted if that makes sense
>totaly different backgrounds, were grounded in music and somewhat similar interests, not too much
>times when I become ridiculously sad when she doesnt snap me back for JUST hours, thinks her interest went away
>even though I recognize that that cannot happen literally after an hour or so I cannot help it
>litsen to sad music
Am I sick?

don't suicide. there's more.

it's hard when you feel your emotions invested in someone and you start to feel like you're hanging on by a thread

you need to do other stuff to distract yourself so you don't get lovesick like this

Yeah its not too difficult when you think about it. Though current life atm is:
>school (im way behind so thats basicaly all I have to spend time on)
>concerts/work maybe once or twice a month
This doesnt leave a lot to invest your emotions in, if I were to think about it in those ways.

nah dude i'm right there with you
i'm kind of torn up about someone right now in the same way. i've been reading and drawing and working out more to keep my mind from going there when he doesnt text me back, like if he's got enough going on where he's not glued to his phone and responding immediately i should be like that too

>Tfw Veeky Forums is always there for you and can always provide some sort of human contact with people interested in similar things as you no matter how obscure

Times are changing