How effay is Seattle

How effay is Seattle
NYC seems pretty expensive and I wanna live somewhere else and Seattle seems pretty cool. Are there any good places to shop? And how is the fashion scene there? And how fashionable is the city in general

This effay

Also how qt are the girls? I am also intrigued by Seattle.

tech industry led to too many dudes. rent is high because of tech. never would i ever live there

Also have a few general questions
>Will I need a car?
>Is the nightlife any good?
>Are the girls cute?
>Is there a food scene at all? The hands down best part of NYC was trying new places to eat and I don't wanna sacrifice that, any quick ass places like the pizza spots or street food stalls there?
>What are the trendy neighborhoods where all the cool kids live?

less than average for sure :(

>>Will I need a car?
likely
>>Is the nightlife any good?
no
>>Are the girls cute?
see above, tech girls and lots of wealthy nerds chasing mediocre women which inflates their ego
>>Is there a food scene at all?
yes
>>What are the trendy neighborhoods where all the cool kids live?
out of your price range

Just want to mention, if you can somehow get a visa, you'd like Madrid, it has everything you listed.

no white people though

I don't speak anything other than English tho

Does Chicago have nice places to shop, cute girls, and affordable rent? (An apartment with a bathroom in a non ghetto neighborhood for around 1000 a month is my idea of affordable)

More effay than where I came from. Seattle's okay for shopping, Bellevue is better. You can expect lumberjack hipster-core.
[TRIGGERED]/10
>Will I need a car?
No.
>Is the nightlife any good?
No idea.
>Are the girls cute?
Feminazis and stacys.
>Is there a food scene at all?
Yes, especially if you like Japanese.
>What are the trendy neighborhoods where all the cool kids live?
Too expensive. U-District if you go to UW.

Are there any cool boutiques?
I like curated stores a lot.
I also like those meme Streetwear shops like kith and 424
There isn't an APC store so it's already disatvantaged when it comes to fashion
Do they have a supreme/Hypebeast shit resale store?
I'm gonna assume it has some really good thrift stores too
And how good is the public transit?

Probably best place in EU rn, very few Arabs/roaches, very few blacks and africans.

People here are openly pretty racist, not in a violent way, they just have their stereotypes and they believe them.

You can get by with just English, if not just find a gf to teach you.

Are the feminazis and Stacy's cute tho?

I don't really visit boutiques/hypebeast resellers so I wouldn't know about that. Quick search on Google Maps says there's a few downtown.

Transit is okay. The buses arrive within 10 min of when the time schedule says they'll arrive and the light rail is cool. The buses seem to be cleaned regularly too.

Doesn't matter if they're insufferable to listen to.

Should I move to Chicago or Seattle guys
NYC and LA are fucking expensive
Things I want are like the user above
>Fashion scene
I want nice places to shop, curated boutiques are good and so are consignment shops.
>Qt girls
I wanna be around attractive people t b h
>Nightlife
Decent pubs are a must, I want to have at least a few clubs I can go to tho,
>Food scene
I like good and cheap food and the more of it the better, really quick take out places are cool and food trucks, street food are also cool
>Transportation
If I don't need a car that's good but I can deal with needing one if I get a good deal on rent

>best place in EU rn
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I can name 5 better places off the top of my head with more whites and less immigrants, Hungary, Poland, Czechia, Slovakia, the baltics...

you do know that map is a joke?

You ever been to a slavic country?

>implying that slavic/kurgan are better than niggers in terms of contributions to the world.

Russia is cool but not EU, rest of the countries are either shit tier or cucked into submission by the refugee loving media.

but im not poor (white) trash, so why should i ever go to east europe ?

>Decent pubs
Move out of america then wasteman

So LA is still my goal city. I wish people talked about what LA is like outside of the entertainment industry.

LAme

NYC is still my goal ATM but I wanna transfer schools to LA
Places like Seattle, Miami, Chicago, and Atlanta seem like good alternatives for the price

it's san francisco with worse weather

There are good places to shop if you are into hipster-esque stuff, everything else is very expensive

Fashion scene what you would expect of the North West: Nirvana-core, lumberjack-core, instagram-core, sjw-core, microsoftcoder-core

overall fashion is very laid back but not painful to look at, better than midwest but below most other trendy cities

girls are sjws or stacies. Stacy's dad makes 300k per year in the tech sector but she is still obsessed with being rural and authentic, generally unbearable to be around. sjw's are what you would expect. The good girls are mostly at UW, especially if you are into asians

good nature stuff though if you drive an hour or more away

overall 6/10 city, 8/10 if you are in the STEM industries

I'd say so. I've never lived in New York but Chicago is pretty dope.

A studio apartment in a non-shitty neighborhood can be had for $900+. Public transportation is pretty good, you could get by without a car.

Some qts, but quite a few Midwest cows.

Gr8 shopping and food scene.

It's hella cheap, lots of trust-fund artist kids are going there to make art and shit since it's so affordable.

Prague, Budapest, Krakow, and Warsaw are in the up.

Bad

Jesus Christ, I've been looking at NYC prices for so long anything under 1500 for a studio seems great to me
Fuck 1200 for a studio with a tiny ass kitchenette and a shared bathroom
U think I could get a decent job in Chicago, I'm majoring in accounting/finance

Is there a decent nightlife?
And is there a good amount of transplants? I like having freinds from all over

LA fucking sucks
t. ex-Californian

There's a large financial sector in the city (Chicago routinely high on "top financial cities" lists that business websites put out, fwiw), especially in the downtown loop area. Finance is nowhere near as big as NYC, but it's definitely a world-class financial center. I can't speak for how competitive it is to land a job though.

I'd say so. Again, I haven't spend much time in NYC so I don't know how well it compares, but I've found it pretty good. Chicago has a great drinking culture, bars are usually packed during happy hours and on most weekends. Most bars and clubs are open until 4 am, and it's pretty common for people to stay out late. Quite a few big gay clubs if you're into that too.

There's a huge community from latin america and eastern europe in the city, as well as people from all over the world working for financial firms. So it's got a fairly international feel (albeit less so than LA or NYC imo). O'hare, the main airport can sometimes be a fucking mess, but it has great international service so it's easy to most other world cities without needing lots of connections.

current Chicago resident that enjoys it quite a bit. you can totally get a studio for under 1000 in a good neighborhood (probably not one of the nicest, but definitely a safe one). if you're willing to have roommates, you can probably live wherever you want in that price range. some good stores for menswear are Notre, St. Alfred, and Meyvn. i guess RSVP too, but it's a little too high street fuckboy for me. there are cute girls in every city but it's still in the Midwest so most of them dress like shit

Might recommend Austin to you OP.
It is moderately Veeky Forums (bent towards punk/slacker core tho) has great night life and food, and is more affordable to some degree (changing tho, see below).

It has the same problems as Seattle with tech and escalating cost of living unfortunately. It's definitely not as pronounced yet with loads of young creatives living cheaply, but I estimate 5 years or so before its fully on pacific coast tech city vibe. But it's been a nice place to spend a couple of years while I do my PhD.

Prague and Krackow are really cool. Hoping to spend some of my life in one of them.

seattle is just vancouver with none of the benefit of being in canada
still a nice city though

>Seattle seems pretty cool
Yeah I like it
>Are there any good places to shop?
Depends on your price range. For high end, Totokaelo is decent and flagship Nordstrom has good designer stuff. I generally can't afford those things at retail though, and since vintage and thrift stores here are so picked through I just do all my shopping online.
>And how is the fashion scene there?
Around the university district you'll see a lot of well dressed people, mostly asian. Sometimes it's all hypebeast shit but I also see good fits on the regular. People in capitol hill also can dress effay. Most people here dress poorly though, and wealthy tech bros don't buy interesting clothes.
>And how fashionable is the city in general
Again, generally not that fashionable. But be in with a certain crowd / hang out in certain neighborhoods and there'll be good style.
Everything else about the city is great though, so other people's clothes won't matter too much.

>Also how qt are the girls? I am also intrigued by Seattle.
good not great, same as anywhere

>>Will I need a car?
depends what neighborhood you live in. check transit maps / proximity to the link / where you're working but you likely won't need one.
>>Is the nightlife any good?
not compared to nyc. If you like seeing live music there are a few really nice venues, clubs aren't so amazing.
>>Are the girls cute?
see above
>>Is there a food scene at all? The hands down best part of NYC was trying new places to eat and I don't wanna sacrifice that, any quick ass places like the pizza spots or street food stalls there?
yes. Food in seattle is fantastic. Street food is not such a big thing but in areas with nightlife its available
>>What are the trendy neighborhoods where all the cool kids live?
capitol hill, ballard, fremont to an extent
Honestly the U District is probably my favorite neighborhood in seattle but no good reason to live here if you don't go to the uni

spaniards are not white

cont

>Are there any cool boutiques?
some more are opening up, nothing major besides totokaelo. again, seattle isn't traditionally a city interested in fashion. but with the influx of new money that is changing a bit
>I also like those meme Streetwear shops like kith and 424
there is BAIT but like all streetwear it's trash
>There isn't an APC store so it's already disatvantaged when it comes to fashion
I would love APC to open something here
but they stock it at Nordstrom so just go there
>Do they have a supreme/Hypebeast shit resale store?
yeah there's one in chinatown but the prices are stupid
>I'm gonna assume it has some really good thrift stores too
fuck no
everybody here thrifts so stores are very picked through. vintage stores can be a little better
>And how good is the public transit?
link is good but it doesn't go many places
most busses run every 15 minutes

>Feminazis and stacys.
this comprises many of the girls here
but desu if you can't handle the former you shouldn't move here. Seattle is super liberal and we don't want alt rights

sounds like you want to be in Montreal my man

what place is effay in america if you're a republican ? like i like big cities and cool music and cool places but i also support trump. where do i fit in ?

nowhere lol

I'm not a turbo alt-right pepe meme or anything, I just don't agree with what they have to say. I don't incite anything, but you hear things said at restaurants.

That being said, I would much rather live here than in some ultra-conservative town in the Deep South.

>what place is effay in america if you're a trump supporter

effay cities (with 'cool music and cool places') are
>educated
>young
>diverse

trump supporters are
>white
>uneducated
>old

I go to Seattle Central College atm. Second quarter there. Going to get a transfer degree to a 4-year university.

I'd say it's more effay than most places on average. I mean it's not a fashion capital of the world, but it's better than other places in the US.

The thing is, most everyone is wearing hypebeast shit. I haven't spotted too many people wearing anything too tasteful. It's mostly just jordans + supreme/bape-tier otherwise. Now the interesting part is that the people wearing hype shit aren't black. It's the asians. All the Filipinos and Chinese are decked in hype. It's quite comical.

Not sure if you will find a city for you; even the southern mega cities vote blue now. Almost any creative or fashionable urban area will undoubtedly swing towards the left.

Not trying to be antagonistic, just genuinely curious: why do you want these qualities from a locale given that they are so saturated with leftist values?

>Now the interesting part is that the people wearing hype shit aren't black. It's the asians.
>interesting

it has been this way for centuries

nowhere. seattlite here and I just try to blend in and steer away from politics. just enjoy the music, the drugs, the scenery, the food, and basically everything but the people's politics.

Maybe in college campuses? Again, it's only my second quarter in college, so I wouldn't know how the climate is elsewhere. I just assume that blacks are the hypebeasts and that Asians stick to basics, comfy sweaters, and drape-y silhouettes.

Also another note: Too many Muslims in one place for my taste. They walk in front of others and very slowly. They waddle. You can never get by them.

>I just assume that blacks are the hypebeasts and that Asians stick to basics, comfy sweaters, and drape-y silhouettes.
holy shit lmao

>Too many Muslims in one place for my taste.
I would argue with this but
>Seattle Central College

I was wrong! What can I say? I made a misjudgment lmao.

>I would argue with this but
Why?

WAfag here

Seattle can be very effay and very uneffay
Certainly a lot of college kids and art school type people, take a look around Fremont or Capitol Hill

But personally I hate it, it's wet all the time, the traffic will make you want to kill yourself, there's construction everywhere, and rent is insane.

what about Pittsburgh ?

no

I'm biased because I've lived here my whole life

Seattle is fine

Good shows, many good bands tour here. I saw vince staples, ty segall, and trentemoller this month alone.

There aren't a lot of fashun people but you can find them if you look.

Apparently a lot of 30+ people are assholes but I don't notice

There's not a ton of shopping but you can go to places like Nordstrom or barneys and buy expensive stuff. I shopping on grailed or in secondhand stores cause it's cheaper

The best places to live are ballard and cap hill, if you can afford it. Don't go anywhere near shoreline or past west seattle.

The girl situation is normal if youre in the aforementioned locations

If you love hiking like I do, you'll definitely like it here - you can hop on a ferry, drive for an hour, and you'll be in the middle of nowhere. Probably the best part of living here

Anyway it's kinda average in most ways but way prettier than basically any other city in the US

I should mention that the summers here are glorious, and almost make it worth living here

whye ?

When it comes to politics in seattle -- keep your mouth shut for your own good.
If you sacrifice your beliefs and pretend to be an SJW you WILL attract women
Dignity < wet dick

The horror.

It's a personal preference but if you appear to be conservative in seattle you will have no social life

Born and raised in Pittsburgh (actual city, not suburb) and it is DEFINITELY left. Long history of union support (thanks to fighting a goddamn war against tycoons), high density of higher-ed, and the sudden influx of tech keeping young people in the city make it a weird mix of old-school (think 80s) blue collar Dems and younger liberal elites. You might get Trump in the suburbs but the city is as blue as it comes. I would compare it to Madison or Minneaopolis, small quirky lefty city.

As a city it's actually pretty underrated. Cheap as fuck. I mean like 400 a month gets you a house cheap. Lots of kickass food now, lots of great local arts and music. One of the best experimental electronic scenes in the US thanks to Hot Mass.

Can anyone tell me about Dallas? How's life there?

>secondhand stores cause it's cheaper
>If you love hiking like I do, you'll definitely like it here
any recs for hikes or secondhand stores?

i just cant put into words how idiotic and simple seattlites are so your FA is always a year off of LA and new york and CHI, very small town, in disguise.

>Spain
Wbest in Eu
Keep saying that fucking poorfag subhuman

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>wanting to be surrounded by white nigger slavs
no thanks
also
>Slavs
>White

what?Asian usually loose wear cloths if you go to Asia but since they are in burgerland i wouldn't be surprised...stupid culture and shit

seattle Veeky Forums meet up?
volunteer park?

How about Portland? desu I just want to move there because it's Veeky Forums as fuck, considering all of the bookstores it has.

Literally nowhere
Anything that has to do with a fashion or anything creative will swing liberal.
Cities are full of diversity, progressive values, immigrants and all.the other things that Trump doesn't like
City living isn't traditional and Republicans like traditional
Are you sure u actually like Trump or did u just jump on the fuck Hillary bandwagon too hard because I'm skeptical an actual Trump supporter would even want to live in a city

What is LA like outside of the entertainment industry
I'm probably gonna major in finance and work in that world mostly but I wanna start a small clothing label out myself so.do you think I can make freinds and go to parties in the entertainment industry

It's probably sucks for fashion due to how hot it is

I'm interested in Portland too
The only thing is I would need a job and I want to be making at least 50k a year and idk if I can do that in Portland

I think you can still find sth good in the city.

Look at the HWNDU stream. Would love a small community like that inside a large city.

Those guys are all autistic losers but your right
You would be able to find a small community or maybe do a /pol/ meetup. They are probably all students so if your one it would be a lot easier.
You would definitely be more at home in a suburb tho

Giant parking lot

I feel like Seattle could have a really great fashion scene tho
Brands like RAINS and Norse Projects would be right at home here
Idk how do you start a fashion scene in a smaller city

from boston [shit city] and visited seattle a few times, seems like a nice city but very neo liberal better than pepe loving boston i guess

seattle will not be small for long. it will take time to turn the techies effay tho.

People are saying that the nightlife in Seattle is shit but how bad is it really? There has to be something.
Also how much should I be spending a month on an apartment with at least a kitchenette and a bathroom

ITT: meme cities

t. loser that still lives with his parents in suburbia when all his peers moved out

What's the best neighborhood in Seattle for a trendy 20something year old that wants to have a decent social life

ugly

Actually live in a meme city too (Austin) but there's no denying Seattle is comrade in memery

Why do you have to live in the USA? So many cities in Europe are actually real cities. You know, places that you can live in and not have to drive to buy your shopping. In terms of services and shop density there are really almost no American cities that can compare. Also it's very easy to travel between cities.

I live in Lyon at the moment, I'm working in a bookshop because I'm learning French (studied languages at uni). I've been getting the train to loads of places in France and I can really say that this is what cities are supposed to be.

Anyway in terms of GOAT Veeky Forums cities that i've visited, for me so far it's got to be Madrid, Budapest, Lyon, Nice, Florence (loads of fat American girls here btw), Ljubiana, Lisbon, and even Paris (as long as you're not a dumbass and you stay away from Gar Du Nord) and Copenhagen (although the nightlife kind of sucks there).

Another picture of Lyon. Fucking love this place.

I agree with user.
I'm a Canadian/Hungarian and I finished up my studies in Budapest, Hungary.

I love it here and the fact that everything's so cheap, including travelling to neighboring countries is great.

I really wish I could stay but I plan on moving back to Toronto for work, you should at least check it out, I really doubt you'd regret it. (Not specifically Budapest, though if you're tight on cash it's a decent place).

Is it hard to get a visa to work in Europe from the US? Is it expensive?

Where have you travelled that you've liked? Gotta give props to Romania. I really liked Sibiu and Brasov even if their capital is a bit ugly.

>I live in Lyon at the moment
I'm hoping to join you there this summer lad
hope it works out

Cool. Make a thread about french fashion. I'm getting tired of seeing American brands that I can't buy being discussed endlessly on Veeky Forums.

Yeah I'm just talking about the asian exchange students at americans unis

sometimes there are good loose fits but hypebeasts are generally the norm and have been for a while

The top 3 places I've visited have to be

Amsterdam
Prague
Berlin

I've been all over, including a lot of smaller cities in neighboring countries that I found fun but I didn't mention them because I typically did that on a motorcycle which may have partially
been what made the experiences as good as they were.

For general fun, partying and socializing the 3 I listed are my favourite.

don't move to seattle please i'm begging you

t. grew up here and can barely afford the rising rent

I probably would but I don't wanna learn a new language and I wanna feel like a local or at least a transplant

I'm gonna gentrify it so bad and then make fun of you when your homeless

I like cities that feel like cities, I like big ass buildings, cars everwhere, living in a tall ass buildings and looking at a skyline. I can see the appeal of more modest/old looking cities like Leon but I like the cyberpunk-esque vibes and shit