If I get married but have a 3...

If I get married but have a 3.5 million paid off house in my name that I owned before meeting her is there any chance she gets the house after a divorce? It is pretty much my only asset

prenup motherfucker

You would be a fool to get married if you have a 3.5 million dollar house.

how else do I get her a green card then? should I just "give" her 1 million for the investment green card?

by that I mean for her to live in the states with me permanently . she is from Italy. been together for 3 years

Yeah, and have a future contract to purchase the company in 5 years,

Lawfag here.

Divorce courts are very hard to predict and will even throw out a pre-nup (a literal contract) because they feel it's unfair. They'll reach up your ass and pull out half your kidney if they think she deserves it.

how do you fully protect yourself.

OP don't get married. Yes she can get that fucking house, you think Billionaire and Millionaire divorces go well for the man?

Also what the fuck OP, getting legal citizenship is far less costly.

OP even a prenup won't fucking save you I swear. They have been thrown out of court before on people who were richer and far better off than you who made them a year in advanced before getting married. It's one woman who could get into the US easily if she followed the proper channels if you've been together for so long.

Don't get married OP, 50% ends in divorce. Don't even introduce her as your wife to some people, even if you aren't married that still hurts you in court.

One woman who you fooled yourself into thinking you love isn't worth it man.

Don't get married. In some jurisdictions, like Canada, that's not even enough, because they consider cohabitation as giving women certain financial entitlements.

It's very unfortunate, but it's the truth.

Is all of Veeky Forums this against marriage? What if the sexes were switched in OP's scenario? Mine is similar and I have a wedding planned for September.

>OP even a prenup won't fucking save you I swear.
assets you became owner of before marriage are not part of any settlement in civilized countries.

>assets you became owner of before marriage are not part of any settlement in civilized countries.
If it's the family home they are.

Seriously. My mom's an heiress and didn't remarry my dad until after everything was settled. He wouldn't get shit.

You poorly, hopelessly cucked bastards.

The only way to protect your finances is not to get married. The only reason women want to get married is to protect -their- finances. Anything other than this is bullshit, desu, and if you disagree have fun when you inevitably get divorced since most marriages fail.

i'm just trying to get her in the states permanently. that is really the only reason for this. i'm open to other ideas

i don't find any indication on the webs of this being true but i found plenty sources supporting my argument. you got any sauce?

keep her in the basement?

This is raising more red flags than a May Day parade. It's a common thing for foreigners to marry someone in the states, get their permanent residency, and then divorce them. I'm not saying that's the case for you but you need to very carefully evaluate this relationship. If you sold your house and moved to her country would she be okay with that?

>i'm just trying to get her in the states permanently.
If you must import foreign pussy, make sure it speaks no engrish and keep is cloistered in a basement dungeon for as long as possible.

she is italian speaks english better than her italian even. we've been together 3 years and she has never even brought up marriage. I did only to get her the green card to stay here.

>if the home you owned before marriage increases in value during the marriage as a result of you and your spouse's efforts to maintain and improve it, your spouse may be entitled to a portion of that increase in value.
this is the closest i found to what you are talking about. but this means she does get some cash at divorce if the property value goes up nothing else and if it was not due to her effort maybe not even that.

To be honest, I'm not a family lawyer and can't be fucked looking everything up, but, for example of the general principle, Jones v Jones [2011] EWCA Civ 41 held that an increase in value of pre-marital assets can be divided be included in a divorce settlement.

Robson v Robson [2010] EWCA Civ 1171 - guy was forced to sell an estate he'd inherited to make up money to wife in divorce, even though the house was in his name in the Land Registry.

Not a Yank, btw.

yeah that's pretty shitty one way to avoid it is to take up a loan or mortgage on the house and give the money to the bitch and pay back the loan. then you don't have to sell shit.

with expensive homes like that...

i wonder if the home lost value will the wife need to pay half of that on divorce?

>has a 3.5 million asset
>wants to get married

well it's pretty fucking clear you inherited the house because nobody that actually earned that would be that fucking retarded

if you're going to marry the bitch just give the house away to some random hobo on the street because it'll be gone in a second anyways. but the bitch won't stay if you lost it anyways

no i didn't inherit it. I'm just trying to get her a green card so she can stay permanently. marriage was the only idea I came up with. If you have any other idea i'm all ears.

How about this user, get her citizenship the normal way? She could take a lot of your money.

bump

you are all fucking retards. OP I'm a licensed real estate agent in the states. Look up your fucking states laws on this subject. In Louisiana, and most states, any real estate obtained before marriage is yours. Also, if you obtain more real estate, assets, moneys, keep in a separate bank account and do not whatsoever use that to pay for any such thing that could link ownership back to her.
Get a fucking Prenup to cover your ass.
Also, if she really wants a damn pass to the United Fucking States, bring her to your attorney, get a specialized contract stating that it is understood in any case that if the marriage should fail, the house stays in your name indefinetly.
If she says no, tell her to enjoy living right across a lake from the Dark Continent, in a clusterfuck of a has-been country.
Oh,.. AND FUCK EUROPE!

If the sexes were switched, it would show the hypocracies of our system because a man would almost certainly get sweet fuck all, hit the road Jack treatment, regardless of how wealthy the woman is. Women have a very good chance of getting some type of valuable asset in a divorce settlement. Do you honestly not realize this?

Couldn't you ask her to move and come to the States on her own fucking accord? It's not impossible for her to get in herself like a regular adult immigrant despite people making it sound impossible. See if she'll come over on a work term or at least without her hand being held. Then consider letting her move to America the minute after she makes the attempt to do it herself. 99% she would fail this test.

Ask her "Could you apply to move here?" Post her answer here, but I'll tell you she will quickly push for the marriage deal... You're fucked now, buddy.

Does she fly out to visit you?

If I knew you in person, I'd bet you $1000 she would get pissed and stop talking to you. She wants you to be her provider.
If she tried herself, it would verify she wants to come over, but that just isn't in the cards. The goal isn't to have her move here, the goal is to nip shit in the bud before you are taken to the cleaners in the next decade.

She will be ruined if you bring her here. She will meet other rotten American women who will tell her 'You do you girl, you a strong independent woman who dot need no man.'

You are on the hook for ten years for her support if you bring a girl in on a marriage visa. Its federal law so a prenup means nothing.