Rate my portoflio

Why doesn't this board have 'rate my portfolio' threads like Veeky Forums has 'rate my routine' threads?

I'm gonna start investing this year, have about $20k to start and can add another $10k per year after that.

In structuring my portfolio, I was thinking something along the lines of:

SPY (S&P 500 index fund)
VBR (small cap value index fund)
STZ (alcohol company)
real-estate investment trust, perhaps AAT or PSB
international/european fund TBD

Reasoning:

SPY is obvious, it's had consistent returns since it started and it tracks the largest companies of the largest economy in the world.

VBR: small value stocks have outperformed large growth historically, although at a higher standard deviation. Also provides some additional diversification within the American market.

STZ: low correlation with the above assets, will live through any economic downturns because people love to get their drink on regardless. Has some wild ups and downs but on a long enough scale, that shouldn't make a big difference.

REITs: low correlation with all the above, relatively stable returns.

international/European fund: I'd like to diversify outside the US as well, but haven't done much research yet, any advice welcome.

The percentages are not decided, but the safer assets will probably be represented more.

What does Veeky Forums think? I realize this is novice stuff, but that's because, well, I'm a novice.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mbNhWbeP-k0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Come on Veeky Forumsnissmen

I didn't read any of your post, I'm still staring at dem tittays.

Those are some mean tits man

Never post an image more interesting than your post.

if I leave a 1000 tip I expect at least a hj

STZ is a great pick but your reasoning for it is absolutely retarded. Did you just luck into the best beer name or was your analysis deeper than your post indicates?

1 word for you, faggot: CANSLIM.

I wanna penetrate her booty, while sucking at those tits

me too, do you know who that is?

Can I join?

Rate my vanguard account Veeky Forums I also have a robinhood account and an optionshouse account.

What the fuck is up with $F? It should be doing way better than what it is currently.

Turns out the market is wrong.

It is undervalued. They got hyped a bit for earnings, and they dumped a bit when they announced the dividend.

It's still a strong long-term buy; their money makers are in demand, no major market news regarding recalls or problems, and good EPS/fundamentals. It's not a moon mission, but it is a solid fundamental stock that's undervalued (my guess is the valuation is largely because they haven't made any major inroads with the whole electric car movement thing, and haven't really made any announcements regarding self-driving tech; that's not a huge problem, as they could easily buy into a startup that shows promise).

All in all, it's a solid company with good fundamentals who are poised to take advantage of the current passenger market segment, and have always owned the light and medium-duty truck market.

concerns over declining auto SAARs have been dinging all US auto stocks.

That I don't understand. It's been in the 17s market-wide since July of last year, and while domestic SAARs are lower, they're right in line with where they were in the early '00s. March 2016 appears to have been an anomaly.

VTI
TLO
VXUS

lay off the cocaine bro.

Why is she so hot ?

uwti
that's it
been in since January
amazing #ez gains so far
>you're only supposed to hold overnight they said

>in since Jan

So you've finally started seeing that glorious 1% return?

nice face
looking right at you.
Full sight of cleavage
hops probably in interested fuck me please position
all signs ofa receptive mate.

I consulted some (non-anonymous) online sources when picking my sin stock, that's how I chose STZ.

>everybody wanting to suck them titties

well, why don't we all make some money and then we can afford to

12% so far
implied gains are much higher

30% Global
20% Sweden
10% Bonds
10% Emerging markets
10% Asia
10% USA
10% Europe

yea, I am not worried about my position. planning to add another 100 shares at some point.

bump.

threads like these should be a/biz/ staple.

buy more SPY.

also look into KNPD.

NVIDIA
DHT
EBS

I'm in for DHT just for the dividend (.25 a share and it's like 5.71 right now) and some quick short-term gain

EBS because they secured a contract with the CDC for their anthrax vaccine. Going to see where this goes.

Nvidia for obvious reasons. It's top-dog and AMD is for cucks

10k in gold
5k in silver 3x ETF

I rate these semen demons 10/10.

Claire Sinclair
Came into this thread to post this

My portfolio is all credit Suisse
NYSE: CS

They have a good dividend and I bought at a "historical" low.

Am i seeing this correctly, 1.5million usd?

nvidia is the best investment ive ever made

I can't believe anyone would ever invest in AMD

Not to mention they're in a bubble right now and when people realize that Nvidia is the top-dog for VR, self driving cars, and for GPUs in general, it'll pop hard.

uhh you shouldn't hold leveraged for that long really m8

more than overnight is obviously fine if you really want but they are made for trading. you are taking on too much risk

you need fixed income. if you're youngish I'd go a little heavier high yield than normal but everyone should definitely get some junk mutual funds regardless

may not be the best time to buy right now. definitely not the worst either though

i also am getting interest on the position monthly
it's called having balls, son

what? who is paying you interest to hold the security? are you lending for a short?

no, it's called poor risk adjusted returns. and paying 135bps for tracking? nah I'm good

Thanks bro.

Regarding income, I have several sources of income in my life, what I'm looking for here is mainly long-term gains. I don't mind not seeing a dollar of this money for 10-20 years.

>it's called having balls, son

It's called waiting to lose all your money. Even I know that. You may get lucky but luck always runs out sooner or later. I'm talking from experience in other endeavors. The low of probabilities always comes through on a large enough scale.

*law of probabilities, obviously

Also, here's a song for you guys:

youtube.com/watch?v=mbNhWbeP-k0

idk but i got an interest payment from them that's accrued
im guessing you don't understand the oil play for 2016/7/8

>lose all of your money
>when it's only 5% of my portfolio

Ok, lose 5% of your portfolio.

>Diversification is a hedge for ignorance

Just started a few months ago. Have another $5000 in PLS as well. Not a lot of money but doing okay so far.

That's an interesting thought. I think most people, as well as statistics like percentage of traders who beat the market, would disagree. Even if I entertain the possibility that you're right, I don't want to have the level of knowledge required to pick stocks accurately without ample diversification. My interests lie elsewhere, this is just financial responsibility to me.

My (small) portfolio will shortly be 100% NYSE:NRT

Why's that?

High yield safe stocks

For the sweet dividend and exposure to the oil market.

Ford is for big bankers and will continue raping individuals because bankers bought in cheap and will continue raking in dividends. F holder here, over 17,000 made from just dividends and the price hasn't yet dipped below my buy in. No worries here. I'm only up a few grand in stock value.

I'm sitting all cash with the exception of some cheap near the money call options. I trade and hold for no longer than 2 weeks and will take those 5-10% gains and will cover losses when down 3-5%. I'm up 133% this year on an annualized basis.

It's all about entry and exit. It takes discipline.

I mean do what you want man. I just don't see why you wouldn't want to trade that actively. and if active trading isn't your thing, why not just get some basic commodity exposure or buy an MLP?

the oil play is a crapshoot, as always. I'm not saying it's not going up but again, if you're really bullish on oil, there are better ways to express it than holding an expensive leveraged ETF long term that will experience beta slippage and has greater downside potential.

yeah that's what I figured, but you can still get great returns from fixed income. do you have any experience with bonds at all? a lot of municipalities are issuing debt with a 5% coupon and decent credit worthiness; interest is also tax free. can also look at some bond funds and reinvest divs/interest to compound returns if you don't have enough cash to buy individual issuances - not a bad idea even if you do as you don't have to worry about issuer-specific credit risk

are you buying or writing the calls?

Invest in low volatility bonds

No experience with bonds at all. Do you have any that you would recommend?

I'm not American btw, so I don't know much about the different types of bonds you have over there. All I know is, my country is way too corrupt and in debt to buy local bonds here.

fixed income markets are much bigger than equities market so it's hard to pick out individual issuances. are you able to buy American mutual funds? I may be mistaken but I believe you have to be a US resident to do so which makes giving you opinions on FI investing more difficult due to their breadth.

however I can tell you that emerging markets bonds seem attractive now due to mispricing of risk and their ability to maintain coupon payments at least right now; US bonds also seem attractive due to their safety and positive yield. recent panic has caused them to trade at a poor price right now but I think you can take advantage of them in a medium term holding period when the price is ok.

Recommendations for American mutual bonds?

>Sweden
How about doing some research, friend?

Not sure if I can trade American mutual funds from over here, Google isn't telling me anything definite.

I'll definitely look into emerging markets bonds, thanks man.

God Bless you user, and here I was years after saving that particular picture thinking that she was another one of those perfect girls that are untraceable. You have a lovely day, and my dick thanks you.

Don't make any in investments in anything euro. They are doomed.

>my dick thanks you

no homo?

This would be the same American bonds the other user was referring to, I presume?

PONDX - consistent top performer, probably due for a regression considering that but pretty solid
DBLTX - gundlach is an ass hat but has been doing very well in FI markets

for more specific bond funds (the above are fairly general, "total return" bond funds):
VWEAX - vanguard high yield fund
MAPTX - Asian and emerging markets FI fund