ITT post your biggest losses

>fell for the trading meme
>lost $2000 in one month + $500 for all the trading, investing books and videos I bought

Dumbass, you only needed one book, the intelligent investor, and that would've only cost you $13 USD

Tbh he should also buy "How to make money in stocks". Greatest investment book ever.

Just study materials for the CMT and CFA. All readily available online for a total of $0.

link? have been searching for ages but couldn't find any

I've lost about $6000 over the course of about a year. Also why didn't you just rent books from the library?

-1400 in the red

What the fuck are you trading OP?
To loose 2000$ in a month it suggests you may be leveraged like a hyped hyena or you have a rather big account at the 2000 account for just a few %.

I've invested £3k and 6 months later I'm 7% on the red. I consider this a rather positive outcome considering the tiny size of my account, the impact commissions have on it, my absolute lack of experience and the overall progress I feel I'm making.

Long stocks only portfolio. Very much under CANSLIM philosophy.

Nice to have a thread like this

A friend of mine called me 2 weeks ago that a guy from school was trading with real money.
Apperently he uses a $130/month subscribtion from the company "WealthGenerators".
They offer 12-15 trades in a month and promise 7-8% profit each month.
They also have that stupid MLM pyramid sceme, which goes like.
"You pay 130/month, if you get 3 people to pay 130 aswell, you wont have to pay the 130 anymore" and so on.

Im trying to figure out if those trading alerts and the company in general is a scam or not.

They only work with currency.

OP, how big of the volume were your orders and with how much capital did you start?

3 books

Richest Man in Babylon or The Total Money Makeover (for income allocation/discipline)
The millionaire next door (for spending statistics)
The intelligent investor (for long term stocks)

I don't do short term investing cause of time but it's simple. Follow common stock average, check the stock daily, buy it when it goes below average then sell when it rises. Has been working for me so far but everyone has their own strategy.

I mostly do stocks with dividends since I don't have time or Internet access 24/7.

Made 20k over the past two years.
Lost 7k last month alone.

Literally everything went wrong.

I don't know what to do with these feels.

Could you give us a log of your trads last month?

I wanna learn from your mistakes user

I don't really want to because it's about ten A4 pages of trades where 70% of them are losing and I made really dumb decisions and broke all my rules.
I would cut my gains too short in fear of the price changing and would let my losses run longer in hope of price changing.
I even did stupid shit like doubling down when I was "sure" prices were going to change.

I had a golden rule where I would only let myself lose/earn $100 per trade and $500 per day. Obviously I fucking broke that and I started trading higher margins and left myself less room for error and got emotional.
Also trading non-liquid commodities around news days with a lot of leverage isn't generally a good idea (pic related)

>To loose 2000$ in a month it suggests you may be leveraged like a hyped hyena or you have a rather big account at the 2000 account for just a few %.

Yeah I was overleveraged. My profits were small but losses were huge. Got killed when Oil rose and ES futures dropping like a motherfucker

Literally bullshit

thepiratebay

It takes 2 seconds to figure out how torrents work

For a man of business you sure have no qualms about not paying for other people's work.

not on a single trade but over about a month or so in my first year, in my first year at a prop firm I messed up with a new strategy and cost the firm a mid-five figure sum... nothing that would break the bank for them but it cost me my job

>trading
>without a super computer with AI thats been developed over the last 10 years

Good luck competing against the trading terminator sentient faggots.

>born to poor parents

This is why all brokerages have a statement:
>your investment is not guaranteed any you may lose all of your invested assets

because of plebs like you

If you were a poker player, I'd say you tilted

My grandfather gifted me this stock a few months before he passed away and I guess it has some sentimental value. It's been the worst performing stock I have ever owned however. I guess I should feel glad I never bought into his "Go long on 3d printing! It's the future user!" spiel.

>Being a trader
lmao

I used to work at a small CPA firm.
>Client daytrades and loses like $10k every damn year
>He comes into the office and recommends trading books and
>He sent us emails with trading tips

Holy shit I hated that client.

Ok

I gained 2000 but lost 2400, gained a few hundred on ETSY in February and then tax time came and I was good with no taxes so stopped and its already May and havent invested since.

I woke up early all week this week but every time I thought I saw nothing, it would go up, I cannot either find good trades or I pussy out of every good trade.

It seems like for every YELP there is a GPRO and FIT. So I am just becoming too cautious to invest I guess I am not trader material.

Anyway sorry to make it about me.

This OP. And stop fucking with your holdings, just find a good stock, buy it up and hang on for dear life. You aren't going to get rich overnight, but you will make money. I don't think about my portfolio much, I check once a day to see the day's results, and if I lose I wait until I gain again. So far my assets have never dipped below their initial value, i.e., I never lost the money I started with

>just find a good stock

this tbqh
>not holding onto winning stocks for a year to get sweet sweet long term capital gains

>listen Veeky Forums about bitcoin
>says its a meme and dead
>has only gone up since then
>its only getting more improved and interest is increasing
im a retard

Meme stock. Still waiting for ER. Selling at .344 if it ever hits that so I can get out, get into another meme stock, hopefully make a little bit, then back into NETE for the ER spike

Well, at least you acknowledge your mistakes.

I lost around $1000 in my first months, then I stopped trading and kept training on a demo account. March I closed with 12% profitability and April I closed with a 8% profitability. I'm not trying to make a living of this because I don't have a gigantic account, I'm just trying to compound my gains over the course of 2 years or more until I have enough to live off of an 1% gain/month.
This is extremely hard because the reward seems so small after so much time and effort invested. If I make $500 in a great day I can't even celebrate and spend it because I need to compound it.

its not that trading is a meme, its that youre a fuckin moron. youre one of those idiots who thought lots of money spent on learning equates to becoming a good trader. let me guess, youre also one of those morons who didnt trade for at least a year on a demo account to test your worth as a trader. you bought and read your shitty material and then you opened an account with your money and lost. trading is not a meme/gambling... youre a loser.

lmao.exe

buy ethereum

Do the opposite of this, and you can't go wrong.