Apple stocks falling?

WTF went wrong Veeky Forums??

Icahn is Bane

Consumers are getting Apple and smart phone fatigue.

boomer meme stock, tech industry is in "bubble 2.0", Icahn dickriders.

How is this that hard to figure out (in hindsight)?

It's not like AAPL is now a penny stock; it took a 10% hit because market opinion toward tech is turning, a famous billionaire investor badmouthed it, & their product line is stale; it's a $100 bill with a corner torn off, not a $20 bill with a slave on it sitting at the bottom of a sewage treatment facility.

If you liked its fundamentals 2 months ago, it's not like they've changed, unless you believe the meme that they're getting cucked in China by their manufacturers who moonlight their hardware into copycats.

Apple never had a significant hold on the asian smart phone market anyway; it's not like they were ever going to make a killing there. They're in a rut with their product offerings, and need a new release to hypehypehype the fanbois.

I'm not big on buying tech overall right now, but if I were, I'd buy AAPL, NVDA, and AMD right now, as summer product release announcements are coming, and all three will potentially have big releases/announcements in the coming months.

A technology company operated more like a fashion company, depending on their hip brand name to maintain their massive margins

Trends change and fashions go out of style

Just wait until they announce the iPhone 7 that has one new feature. I'm sure it'll go right back up.

do you know what a bubble is? if not, go look it up. then you'll see.

Steve Jobs

dgaf

"new paradigm"

>P/E of 10
>bubble

They lost some lawsuit in china and Cook was a bit misleading in his mad money interview concerning india. Basically, their growth in Asia doesn't look and recent iphone 7 rumors seem unimpressive.

>their product line is stale

Not to mention they refuse to phase out older models. Just look at the iPad lineup by itself

>iPad Pro
>iPad Pro smaller screen
>iPad Air 2
>iPad Mini 2
>iPad Mini 4

Remember when Apple made one product for each category and Steve would tell you why you wanted it? Cook has no ambition.

>Cook has no ambition.
Apple s** toys. Its coming. You can also hook it up to your iPhone to modify the rhythm/etc... and share those "melodies" on Grindr. Free $1M dollar idea, lads.

It looks like this.

>Apple s** toys
>**
>censoring words in your own post on Veeky Forums
>censoring 'sex'

Back to plebbit/bibletalk.

>then years ago
>trading at 8.5/s
>last year
>trading at 130/s

That's almost a 2000% increase. That's a fucking mega bubble.

Also their stuff is overpriced as fuck
$1400 canadian dollars for an iphone. Give me a fucking break. Why would anyone pay that.

Wow, in my country (Ivory Coast) I can live 6months to a whole year with that without going to the coton field.

>Apple
>Tech company
>Meme
Pick two. They're to tech what Star Trek is to science fiction.

But who actually buys a phone at retail price? They're all obtained through a contract.

cause contracted plans rape your wallet
and phone plans that arent grandfathered in are overpriced here in Canada

I can buy a samsung phone bran new for 700 bucks but an iphone is double the price and if I pay outright I can keep my 45 dollar a month plan. If I get a contract Im still paying 300 bucks for the iphone and am locked in for 2 years on a plan that costs over 100 dollars plus 13% tax to get the same shit my plan currently has now.

Bought AAPL in late 2012 when everyone was screaming about lack of innovation and how Apple was doomed without Steve Jobs. Missed the 2013 bottom but still made a good profit.

I just bought AAPL again, the valuations are very similar to 2013 and everyone is screaming again. If you subtract the 230 billion cash from its 520 billion market cap, Apple is priced at like 6 P/E which is the level of a dying newspaper company. Apple might be stagnating but it's not newspaper-tier. The services side of the business is bringing in 6 billion dollars a quarter in revenue by itself, which is more than all of Facebook right now.

I've owned exactly one Apple device in my entire life and it was a Christmas gift iPad that's been collecting dust for years. Wouldn't buy an iPhone, but AAPL the stock is such easy money that it should be illegal.

I bought in at $92.60. Should I sell to break (close to) even? Should I just hold and forget about it for a month? I'm not panicking, but seeing the new 52-week low is unnerving.

It's still taking new lows later this year. Just look at the leaked iPhone 7, there is really nothing new.

>reported double digit losses on their devices
>it's the same as Jobs' death

read why Carl Ichan dropped the stock

read why others refuse to buy it

What are they honestly supposed to do to make it different at this point?

Iphones have always been fashion accessories over tech. They can't make it any thinner and can only do minor cosmetic changes.

Phone tech is so ahead of consumer demand that it's one of the few bubbles created solely because of so much competition

There are phones now with 8 core processors and 5 gigs of ram. We all know that you need that kind of power for sms, Facebook messenger, and play store games, right?

This was inevitable for Apple, but they might come up with something

That's the problem, they're not really innovating like when Steve Jobs was here. They've been rehashing and literally "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

We should all buy BBRY instead. A lot more business people I see are carrying a blackberry and it looks like it hit the bottom already

Yeah, but Apple is selling at levels ridiculously cheap enough that it wouldn't take much more to get a reversal based on valuation calls by enough market players (see for example WMT back in November). AAPL's ex-cash P/E low back in 2013 was around 5.5 and we're approaching that level.

>double digit losses

The 2012 panic was because sales growth was slowing down dramatically for the first time in iPhone history, which then led to all the mass panic talk about lack of innovation. Same exact dynamics today. Apple has sales troubles for a year, "troubles" meaning still more iPhones sold than two years before, and people start whining about Steve Jobs every time.

The fair value of a no-growth business is 7-8 P/E. Apple might deserve a discount valuation because of the risk of iPhones going out of fashion, but anything less than 10 P/E is comical in terms of pure math and profits. As I pointed out, the services part of Apple right now literally provides more revenue than all of Facebook with much fewer consumer drone users, and Facebook is valued at 340 billion dollars.

I'd be worried if there was actual competition that was threatening Apple's position, but the slowdown in iPhone sales is just reflecting an general industry-wide phenomenon. Samsung is going to remain the Pepsi to Apple's Coke, while chinkphones like Huawei or Xiaomi have no chance at truly displacing Apple. iOS, iTunes, Apple Pay, apps, etc. aren't going away.