Portfolio is just over $30k

>Portfolio is just over $30k
>Some people here have $500k portfolios

Other urls found in this thread:

news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/greedy-u-s-billionaire-urges-michigan-voters-to-reject-free-bridge-to-canada
twitter.com/AnonBabble

29 and barely getting to this point

try r9k

Mine is worth $156.00
Umadbro?

I have no portfolio at 21

>I give people stock advice on here

This. Lets make this a confessions thread. I have very little invested. I give stock advice all the time. I am as dumb as a doornail.

>still not dumb enough to believe that there are people here with $500k portfolios on a board full of NEETs though

had 200 in crypto, made $100 cashed out at $300 total bc I figured Im one of the lucky ones
>forgive me biz

Sitting on $875 in savings account.
Going to invest in penny stocks.

Just dropped $50 to see if I even have the eye for this sort of market. If I can't turn this into $100 by the end of June then I'm just writing myself off as a retard.

are portfolios only stocks? cause if so I have 20k

if it's other stuff then I have 800k

>Some people here have $500k portfolios
doubtful.

21 with no real investments yet cept a 401k with my job and an acorns account

Paid my college tuition out of pocket so not really much in my savings. Currently paper trading forex on FXCM and building up my savings now to hopefully open up either a ETF and mutual funds account (I read a lot of people recommend Vanguard accounts).

My dad wants to open an IRA for me but I don't see how likely he'll go through with it.

Have two cash accounts with 300k and a 401k account with 80k

> turning 30 in a few months
> pretty much nothing but a car to my name, and $7k in a bank account

Thats life homo. Who really cares, we're all dying anyway.

open your own roth IRA. do it right now. just go to vanguard.com and do it. it's simple. easy. you can do it.

max it out every year (5,500/yr) 90% VOO, 10% BND and you'll be better off than most ppl.

easiest thing to do for yourself.

i am 36 and have only started investing. have no debt, paid off house, only 20k in retirement. feels bad.

i wish somebody had told me this when i was 21.

100.19 $ here

Stay poor cucks

Lol

Thats the wrong way of going about it. If you can turn that into $52 or $55 keep going.

my 401k is only worth around 2400. got about 800 that wont be fully vested for another 4 years. it's bullshit

Mine is $600. You're doing well.

I had a wild ride on my "portfolio", then realized I'm a degenerate gambler

Same but I'm 21

>no money when the big economy crash in 2008 was there
>now have money when the train has almost reached its final destination
>mfw the ride never ends

just let the world market crash happen already

I guess im doing just ok then.

a 100% return tells you nothing if you have an eye for the market. It'll most likely mean that you got lucky.

$49K and I'm 26.

$300k in private equity - age 19

8% annual return

4.62M - 20
11% growth, quarterly dividends of ~50k

Ah salut, on a le même prénom.

University student doing a finance degree that gives people stocks advice even though I have only taken 1 class related to securities

Enjoy losing your savings

dont feel bad, im in the same boat.. just keep growing it..

Just add all your wagecuck savings along with compounding interest, you'll be earning big passive income in no time

pas mal, comment ta fait akhi ?

Why don't you just run simulation accounts?

>last connexion in february
nigga please

Comparing yourself to others will always make you miserable. Just do what you enjoy, try to be constantly better at something and stop worrying. It's a waste of time and rarely helps.

protip: there are rich losers in the world who spend their time on the internet and Veeky Forums

Took second half of age 29 off, so 0 savings at 30, 32 now 3k, hopefully on track to do again at 39

>portfolio is 12k
>make 240 dollars a year in dividends

>Had $55k in Vanguard
>Had $280k sitting in bank

After tax, Vanguard returns and interest earned on savings achieved nothing relative to my income, risk etc.

Cashed out Vanguard, leaving $15k in high risk for shits n giggles.

Bought a house for cash 2 months ago.

Now my savings account is down to a pathetic $2.5k, Vanguard is $15k.

55k total 30k invested/25k in cash

I'm 25

What the fuck do you have? I get paid about ~$.30/share per quarter and hold ~200 shares of my company's stock.

Total stock index family

Best part of Kyoto

>12k€ index stock ETF (worldwide)
>2k€ other passive funds
>8.5k€ bonds

>12k€ student debt

Not bad for uni student with part-time job.

does 497k count, might be over 500k Monday might not?

>dad is a retired analyst
>gives me a portfolio to my 18th birthday - 50k€
>it´s my education money
>blow everything within 2 years (gambling addiction)

Now I just took a 10k€ loan at 2% to make a bit money. Bought for 8k€ Apple Stocks and for 2k€ turbo certificates on Apple (long with a leverage of 10).

We will see

>believe everything you read on the internet.

So instead of treating your gambling addicion you just stepped up to gambling on stocks?

Your chances of winning are better.

> born in a shitty country with a low-wage single mother, no inheritance.
> started investing at 16yo with a fake PayPal a fake investment account and a subscription to a businessmen mail list in my city (contacts). Successfull as fuck
> At 21 had to pay near 40k€ to save my mothers house, had nothing else
> Now, 22yo, 30k€ yearly job and 1000€ invested in private loans, 950€ worth side business and 500€ in long stocks

2450€ at 22, but i feel successfull, i was able to help my family when needed and have something to eat every day.
I know ill end this year with at least 8k€ invested and my side business will skyrocket in a couple years.

Happines is not the meme 20yo millionaire, happines is to being able to keep ypur family safe and feed, live well, learn and grow... and, one day you realise that you are worth more than you would ever dreamed.

I'm a neet that gives out lots of advice.

Ive always been giving out advice though, and most of what I say here is meta.

Securities portfolio worth $219k at 25, including cash on hand that's earmarked for buys.

Total net worth is $250k in financial instruments (people who use shit like cars and home contents in their net worth calculations will never make it).

Stay pleb, poors.

Nice trust fund, faggot.

Working full time since I was 16, saving from every paycheque and investing since I was 18. It's not hard if you read the first pay of every fucking financial advice book - spend less than you earn, invest the remainder wisely.

Thinking that someone is richer than you because hurr durr trust fund = never gonna make it.

he is lying you silly

see, he is dumber than a dog

I'm happy for you and respect you for what you've done for your family, but I can tell you from first-hand experience, that being a millionaire at 20yo is pretty cash money.

Sounds about right for biz.

Either you are poor as dirt or have 6/7 figures in your accounts.

>lies, everywhere lies

also have about 30k in a separate 401k. In my early 30s so I'm probably average or a little below average

You're actually well above average, sadly.

75% of Americans nearing retirement age have only $30,000 in their retirement accounts.

The median balance of people aged 55-64 was $120,000 in 2013. That's fucking nothing. Like $300 a month.

browsing Veeky Forums probably gave me balance sheet dysmorphia

>75% of Americans nearing retirement age have only $30,000 in their retirement accounts.

How is that even possible? Do they save $10/month or something?

I'm 20 with ~$30k

I'm 28. Married. Household income of 140k. Cleaning up 121k in student loans. Have about 10k is savings and 4K in crypto as emergency fund. Hopefully will be debt free in the next 24 months and can start investing.

I'm going to guess it has lots to do with employers getting rid of company pensions and getting people on 401ks, plus stagnant wages, rising expenses, and possibly student loans, but that is generally speaking.

The median household income in the US is ~52K.
So after you pay taxes/rent/various insurances/feed your family how much is left over ?

>crypto as emergency fund

why

>The median household income in the US is ~52K.

Wtf? That's simply $12/hr for two people... I do not believe this.

So basically you're telling me I'm like in the top 1% with my $30k and that those "occupy wallstreet" protests were about me?

maybe a better name for those protesters would have been the .1% but thats not nearly as catchy.

You need to think in terms of percentile
earning 90K puts you in the 95th percentile
125K = 97th
175k = 98

I kinda feel those protesters, the system in place is very skewed towards whomever has the money because with all that money comes lots of influence.

Like that time a greedy businessman ran ads urging voters in michigan to turn down a very litteral free bridge between Canada and the states.

news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/greedy-u-s-billionaire-urges-michigan-voters-to-reject-free-bridge-to-canada

>I kinda feel those protesters, the system in place is very skewed towards whomever has the money because with all that money comes lots of influence

That's quite simply life though.

It's like when people complain that rich people get better healthcare and get in less trouble because they can afford better lawyers... Unfortunately nothing can really be done about that. Being rich will ALWAYS be preferable, doesn't matter what laws, rules, government or anything you implement.

Being rich = better things. And we all know better things = better life and many more benefits.

Sure I agree with you to a certain degree.

I would rather lower the proverbial ceiling a bit so we can provider better for the people that might not be so well off.

But I feel maybe we are talking about two different things, you talk about being rich = better things.
The gripe many people had was rich = influence, where one billionaire has more influence on the country than hundreds of thousands of people.
We could go on and on, I have no idea solutions that would please everyone.
I would just like the system to be more fair and transparent.

>The gripe many people had was rich = influence, where one billionaire has more influence on the country than hundreds of thousands of people

Well of course, that's kind of what I meant with the Lawyer thing. Obviously the guy who can afford an entire team of top-tier lawyers on retainer is going to be able to commit fraud and all sorts of crimes against society with slaps on the wrist as punishment whereas the guy who needs a fundraiser to save up for a mid-tier laywer will get the book thrown at him.

>I would just like the system to be more fair and transparent

Not really possible. People love money, money rules people and people rule the world.

Of course money = influence when you can wave a wad of money and people will do as you say. Change human nature rather than changing some "system", but good luck with that.

>tfw not even $2k

>140k in account
>only 12k in cash
>not being all liquid
you will never make it

Why would he let his money get eaten away by inflation?

>$2.8k here
Bawlin fat stacks

Brokerage = liquid dumfuck

>26
>no job
>no investments
But I'm not having kids, so the pressure's off for now. Can't wait to start filling up a 401k though.

He fell for the memes.

>tfw 27 and no money

>35K roth IRA
>25K credit card debt

what do?

I'd say take from your Roth and pay off the credit card debt if it doesn't dip into your earnings.

Credit card debt has a stupid high interest rate. Second only to pay day loans.

>42 years old
>401k is 200k
>cash accounts total 60k
>personal portfolio is 15k
>real estate equity is 100k
>50k in kids college funds

Its harder than you think to amass wealth anons

How are you doing it. I have 500 on kraken that I want to play around with.

not in my case. i keep all my credit card debt at 0% apr... though every time i shift it from one card to another (about once a year) there is a 3% fee.

Well it's hard if you have children. I'll agree with that absolutely.

But two married people with no children and dual income should be putting money away hand over fist.

>500k portfolio is a lot

5400$ in bitcoin at age 26

>implying she will stay married to you if you dont have kids with her eventually

I'm only 23 and likely about to receive a windfall of ~$1M - $3M. If I get this windfall--which my lawyer tells me I should--I'll be set for life. I want to tell my family and friends but know that's a bad idea so here I am telling anons on a japanese anime imageboard.

>kids these days
Didn't you have any financial guidance at all?

people who had their formative years in the 80's seem to be a pretty messed bunched when it comes to children.

>20 years old
>17k in debt from school and living expenses
:^)

>28
>Wife 26
>Engineer
>Wife works part time and does steel wirework
>Retirement portfolio was 50000
>Paid 45k student loan because year over year returns were lower than interest rate on loans
>rest went to IRS plus bitchslapped for cashing out
>new assets now worth 12k after a year plus stock vesting in company -- 50kish total
>100% of wife's shit-tier job income goes to saving on down payment

But at least we can't have kids, I guess. Really want one of those vanguard accounts all the cool kids have. :(

Better to get back in the game now than later I suppose.

Same tbqh mi familia, 23

one day we gonna measure dick size by how much we donated to isis

You cashed out a 401k early to pay off student loans? WTF is wrong with you?!?!

He didn't ask an accountant.

Never spend money to save money

The loan had an interest rate of 10%. I didn't feel comfortable keeping it while my 401k was massively underperforming. I cut my losses and reset with no debt.