I don't even want to fucking think about this

>investing it as well

> $500k

Yeah over 100 grand, eugh.

>$10 cuckifornian
>$285,000

fuck you for making this thread
it hurts op

I'm so god damn good at old video games no one plays anymore like civ 2 and 3 and the n64 smash bro's, fucking painful

lmao
$8.25/hr here
prob around $200k

$8.50 MI
$11,826
from top 15 steam games

but why stop there

>average about 1 wank every 2 days
>3.5 per week
>15-30 minutes each usually
>52.5 to 105 minutes weekly
>(52.5+105)/2 = 78.75 / 60 = 1.3
>1.3 x 52 x 4 = 273
>273 x 8.50 = 2320.50
I could've made 2 grand working instead of masturbating for 4 years

My /played for my main character since 2005 hit a year at some point.

If I added all the time for Age of Empires 2, Fallout 2, WoW, Counter-Strike it's probably in the 3-4 year region.

I haven't been able to enjoy video games for years now partly because it feels like I'm throwing time down the toilet. I've been thinking about making a game instead, something something crusader kings 2 in space meets HoMM meets collectible card game. I figure I could squeeze some good money out of it seeing as I threw around $100/year on a somewhat similar game (the browser kind you log in to 10 minutes a day - ogame).

>2 grand over four years
Nothing desu senpai

Since I was legally able to work?
$40,000.

It's a goose egg for me, weebs. I'm making money, raising a family and playing zero vidya.

You're posting on Veeky Forums though, FOR FREE.

>not getting paid to post

By the way, Hillary Clinton will end the practice of mass murdering single mothers by giving them inadequate benefits. Single mothers are the strongest people in the world and their prodigy are the future of America. Say YASSS to being a strong woman.

Deal me in. Good post!

Wat.

user did you try to open a different tab and post like a retard?

Good idea for a thread OP, I have €2100 in War Thunder. I'd probably total around €3500 if you add all games together.

Fuck you, OP.

I already regret playing them in the first place, now I see this shit the moment I browse Veeky Forums.

I'm pretty certain I've spent more time at my min wage job than playing vidya which feels good.

I remember one night I was planning on grinding out some fifa ultimate team coins so I could buy an IF Tony Kroos. With my plan set I was hesitant when I was offered a shift that night but then I realised I could just buy FUT coins with my pay. I don't like to spend much but it was easy for me to see it was time well spent working when I spent about 10% of my nights earnings and bought a TOTS Kroos. It was easy for me to spend that money when I realised I could have ended up just playing games all night.

>implying there's an amount of money worth my allowance of time to enjoy myself
Money is a tool to be used, not a god to be worshipped.

oh damn.
I play rpgs and RTS and have hundreds of hours logged. And literal days of fighting games. Shit. This is gonna be brutal to estimate.
And hearthstone jesus blizzard fuck you.

I just made $180 off overwatch

Probably, a good year of games in my last decade. so like 72k

Its funny what time does. Literally a 10th of my time doesn't seem like much but if I live to 100 that's a literal decade. FUARK.

Oh man 33 years asleep.

OP 2 clever by half.

what's this news I hear friendo? Hilary Clinton is great for America in 2016? why yes! Well I'm a millennial and I'm convinced. Won't you join ME?

dude, we have teh exact same wanking habits

>calculating opportunity cost for leisure

kek

$138,645 on main account, good thing I quit in 2012...

16-19, playing easily ~25 hours per week
20-23, playing easily ~40 hours per week
24-27, playing easily ~20 hours per week

so 340 hours per week over 12 years =
roughly 620 weeks

340 * 620 = 210800 hours

at 9$/h that's 1,900.000$

almost 2 million.

is that possible or did fuck up the math? i have a hard time believing those numbers.

Wow currency arbitrage

yeah i fucked it up. it's actually 17680 hours, which at 9$/h is 160k~

don't regret it at all. learned a fuckton gaming and have developed good decision making and information processing skills from it (i think).

There is 168 hours in a week, you fucked up

The glorious thread where half of all Veeky Forumsnessmen realized that they really aren't really finance gurus or self-made entrepreneurs.

Eh. Ive learned a lot from gaming but its all fucking worthless.

to put things into perspective you could say the same about sleeping or any leisure activity, "you're losing money due to wasted time"

so basically it does not matter

about 23.700€. only counting in LoL game time.

fml

I am now with her

>340 hours/week

its more so that gaming is always frowned upon vs playing a sport or doing some other hobby which might actually cost significantly more than gaming which to me makes no sense because in the end you're just spending your spare time having fun which doesnt generate income usually anyways.

That's not that bad.

good point
i guess hobbies can be productive like sports (health) or art (selling shit on ebay)

but then again, leisure is leisure. my dad likes to watch the TV and i like to game.

365 days playtime runescape
365*24*7.25=63510

i got into gambling towards the end before i quit for good, managed to make 40b and sell it for $10k USD, not awful

>all these wieners patting themselves on the back
>all these wieners spreading the gaming is a waste of time meme
>all these wieners actually wasting their time doing nothing but playing video games
Maintaining your mental health should be the top priority for anyone that cares to be alive for any appreciable amount of time.
Video games are a legitimate leisure activity and can be used for this purpose, but like all leisure activities, it is obviously not healthy to spend more time on it than you really need.

30,710.75 to be exact

I'm scared to think of of how many hours I've spent on YouTube and internet forums.

Actually my vidya time was useful to relax from studying/working, it's only harmful for your career if you go NEET or binge too much

I remember when YouTube used to have a total video's viewed feature. I was at like 42K, this was many many years ago.

tf2-~$60,000
bf3-$40,800
Skyrim-$4500
Full Tilt Poker-$4500
Pokerstars-$10,000

Fuck

Only about $12k in FFXIV.

But since I work from home, some of that time I was technically making money, much higher than minimum wage. Pretty easy to gather/mine/craft while working.