Me

>me
>20
>student
>cutie girlfriend I met in high school
>we used to binge on amphetamines and fuck and study.
>one day she misses her period
>few days later
>were having a baby
>for the sake of the baby she stops doing Addy and gives it to her friend
>2 days later her friend dies because she took the pills and had a heart condition she didn't know about apparently.
>girlfriend gets arrested , charged with manslaughter drug distribution the whole 9
>bond her out
>while she's out on bond she miscarries. I guess the stress got to her.
>she pleads guilty, gets sentenced to three years
>recently she got transferred to minimal security.
>big selection of books to read.
>before she was transferred here she was hopeful.
>now all she writes and talks about is the pointlessness of life, the fact that this is all just a big nothing, that there's no point to her being free for her mind was truly never free.she's even stopped praying (not that I'm a believer but that girl prayed every day even after she was arrested) A lot of bullshit.
>I ask her what's she's reading and she doesn't wanna tell me.
>I know its philosophy
>need to know what it is, so I can talk to her about it, and try to snap her out of this steep depression she found herself in.

Who do you think my gf is reading?

those digits tho

Yea they fuckdd up toward the end.

Not Nietzsche.

Schopenhauer.

I hope she´s reading whatever makes her boat float

Nietzsche, probably misunderstanding him as well.
Nietzsche fought against Nihilism, he just lost.
His work is so hard to read because it is literally a battle going on in his head.
Maybe Heidegger, Weber, Hegel....
Probably one of the irrationalists, most probably Nietzsche.

Sounds like typical Schopenhauer syndrome. Do you have any other cues?

Just out of curiosity

I was telling her that I have a job set up for her when she got out and she went off about her future that she threw away and the fact that money will never bring our child back. She wrote a poem about looking outside the window in prison and I showed it to her old prof who liked it. When I told her she was like "what the fuck does that dyke care for" before she used to cling onto every word this woman said to her.

Oh and she told me she read a farewell to arms and wanted a copy of for whom the bell tolls.

Satan checked

Expln img pls

>wanted a copy of for whom the bell tolls
Don't you dare leave this woman

he was a sad cunt

Schopenhauer argued that life was boredom with intermissions of suffering.
He also argued that happiness is immaterial since we are never actively aware of our happiness and only remember we were happy after the fact. In contrast you immediately know if you're suffering.
He was the most extreme pessimist you can find.

Okay I'm 90% sure this is who she us reading that sounds like something she told me once, almost verbatim.

I would have left her when she had a miscarriage if I was going to leave her senpai . despite her flaws and fuckups that's the only woman I want .

The fact that through all this shit you two are both together shows good character, as I see it. Please, both of you, stay pure

to understand Schopenhauer you need to understand Buddhism first, I doubt she does, so tell her to shut the fuck
up and read up on Buddha

Do you seriously think this is a result of what she's reading? Your girlfriend was a university student living a happy life (from what I can tell) and now she has had a miscarriage and is in prison with a criminal record of manslaughter at the age of 20. She's pretty much supposed to feel like that right now. It could be anything she's reading but it doesn't matter. What she needs to get out of depression is getting her life back on track. Which, in turn, is very difficult if she's depressed as young and unexperienced depressed people are often convinced that their state is final. The best you can do is caring for and helping her mentally, not engaging in meaningless conversations about philosophies probably none of you really understand. I experienced pretty much the same thing in my teens, I was convinced that I was depressed because I came to some philosophical "relevations" that seemed to render life pointless, while in truth I just had a neurotic illness (lyme's disease) with prolonged and unchangeable depression as a symptom, so trust me, I have experience with the issue. Depression always has some actual reason you need to look for in the life of the person, things you read may act like a catalyst or just a point of reference to tie your depression to, but they are not the cause of it. Even if you manage to logically dismantle the arguments she puts forward, she will find something else to act as her mental reference. Seeking the help of a professional may also not be a bad idea.

Give her some iron pill books.

Teach her to be volkish.