Shark Tank/Dragon's Den

What does Veeky Forums think of Dragon's Den/Shark Tank?

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalobserver.com/2016/01/26/news/real-and-shocking-story-kevin-olearys-business-career
fool.com/investing/general/2016/05/04/better-buy-hasbro-inc-vs-mattel-inc.aspx
abcnews.go.com/Business/multi-million-dollar-product-shark-tank/story?id=23051424
youtube.com/watch?v=F82EHPP3bkM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

2nd best show in the world.

What's the first?

Kys

Kys?

Translate pls

It means "I'm a shitposting faggot and need attention, please give me a (you)"

real men emulate alpha bro Kevin

Took me a while to figure out since this meme blew over from reddit but it means kill yourself.

>Kevin O'Leary
nationalobserver.com/2016/01/26/news/real-and-shocking-story-kevin-olearys-business-career

lol your hackjob article says nothing

Mattel failed to do proper due diligence because they're desperate and weak and were getting their lunch eaten by Hasbro ALL DAY LONG. still are today.

oleary funds go up and down it's the market. poorpleb pls go
>you're dead to me

oh look what I found
fool.com/investing/general/2016/05/04/better-buy-hasbro-inc-vs-mattel-inc.aspx

Kek nice ignoring of everything else in the article and misreading the fw things you considered.

Keep masturbating over your Reality Show husbando.

>“When he said he’d like to have ten percent for $50,000 I thought that would be a cash injection, I thought that was money in the bank for us,” said Harvey in an interview in 2012, “When it came down to it… that wasn’t the case.”
>Instead, O’Leary offered them a line of credit at an interest rate higher than what the banks offer, which DigIt didn’t touch.
kek

>“He’s never actually given us any money,” said Harvey at that time, although the two women were happy with his contribution to the company by opening doors to retailers.
>O’Leary told the Globe and Mail in 2012 that Johannson and Harvey wanted to use the money for inventory, which he didn't think was a good use of his money.
maybe you're just not cut out for Veeky Forums user. Is it too harsh for you? maybe go tell your parents it's no fair and you're entitled to money

Pic related.

You're really trying to put effort in this discussion, huh?

It almost seems you have personal interests in defending him.

Maybe he's funding a KIDF, or maybe he's a relative of yours.
Or maybe it's your husbando.

kevin is a fucking scam artist
you can see his deals never go through and it's becoming more and more common to see the people pitching tell him he's out before he can even make a deal. the other sharks love to see kevin get told.

kevin only wants to take your profits, leaving you in a tight spot and more likely to fail. he doesn't care about your business, he just cares about getting a little extra cash flow.

everyone else is cool, though.

>nice ignoring of everything else in the article
I addressed about 90% of the article you posted and wrecked your shit pretty hard

are you mad you couldn't just paste a link from favorites and automatically seem smart?

you offered no logical counterpoints at all except personal attacks. good job redditor, you're a fucking genius. #feelthebern?

Good yeild civic duty

>I addressed about 90% of the article you poste
Kek no you didn't

Also why the fuck do you have to put Bernie in the discussion?

He's way smarter and way more accomplished than you'll ever be.
Do yourself a favor and stop making a fool of yourself by insulting the likely next POTUS.

Good show for showing the basic issues involved in logistics of commodity production

Anyone else think Kevin is secretly a poorfag? He always makes up an excuse to immediately go out on the $100k + investments. And then he'll invest in a tiny cupcake shop every third episode or so just to keep his image up. And even when he doesn't go out, he usually throws up a terrible offer that he knows won't go through.

he tries to minimize any investment and talk entrepreneurs into giving him some kind of royalty fee per unit sold. He knows a lot of ideas are shit but will sell like crazy just because they were on TV. You may think he's a dick, but he's good at making himself richer. Half lot of Veeky Forums could learn from him and the other half is already peddling worthless cryptos

Well why not just gobble up all the companies that will see great surges from being on the show? Stuff that sells online is basically guaranteed to explode in popularity and the valuations seem to reflect that a little bit but not too much, though I'm not an expert.

you don't get richer by overpaying for things. google search/investopedia "NPV" to learn more not trying to be rude just saying

fake as fuck, I work for one of the sharks, 80% of the deals are bullshit, they're just usually approved on air, then dropped when they realize the ideas are garbage and they can't make money.

That's why the smarter people are using Shark Tank for free advertising and not actually there for the funds.

Except when they go on the show they sign a contract that does not allow them to get funds from anyone else for about 6-8 months if even 1 of the sharks is interested (on air and off air). Giving them first dibs. So even if all but one say no to your shit and then the one that showed some interested no longer cares for it, you cant do anything for 6-8 months.

Of course not all idea are good and not all ideas can wait out the time but this one did:

abcnews.go.com/Business/multi-million-dollar-product-shark-tank/story?id=23051424

Did not hear about this one. The other that never really made sense to me that somehow 'did well' is the ugly christmas sweater one. I think it's this one.

Tipsy elves I think it's called.

Fucking love Cuban

youtube.com/watch?v=F82EHPP3bkM

It depends in which type of proposal they're doing.
Those looking for money to start, licensing deals, and things like that would be penalized by such contract, but for people who already have a running business with customers and are only looking for money to scale up or other non-vital things can enjoy the now larger influx of customers (especially if they sell their product/service online) without being penalized by the 6-8 month wait.

I even bet some people go and do it on purpose to get more customers, since it's likely that not everyone of those entrepreneurs has a vital need for funds (and probably some of them don't need it at all).