How to pull off the french philosopher look?

How to pull off the french philosopher look?

You have to smoke Gitanes since Gauloises are too bourgeois

Why does his overcoat look so aesthetic?

frequent Veeky Forums

>slicked back front mullet (hitler youth cut w/out the sidecuts)
>black roll collar sweater
>suit trousers and worn out suit shoes, black or brown
>overcoat, grey or black
>something to smoke
>black cofee or red wine
>world weary look in the face

You can't. Dress for your own context or you'll look like a retard.

look like you suck cock bonus points if you actually do

post inspo

another shot from that vid

this is how I imagine SZ users look like IRL

obtain a degree in philosophy, smoke and drink, read the newspaper on public services and dress like an old person.

>french
*algerian

french

this

Every time i see some faggot dressed like an old cunt i just assume he's a pseud who's "into" philosophy but really just listens to music all day. If you wanted to look good you wouldn't dress like a 20th century philosopher, and if you actually cared about philosophy you wouldn't dress to impress upon others a false imitation of your heroes.

by becoming a faggot

>french philosophy

into the trash

kys

Isn't dressing up as a philosopher because you think they're cool and you want to look like one too living in bad faith? Ironically, this whole thread is probably making Sarte spin in his grave.

it's not really worse than trying to emulate any other profession. and it's not like camus just accidentally ended up looking cool and fashionable, there is some element of style to it.

>it's not really worse than trying to emulate any other profession
But I mean, Sarte's classic example of "living in bad faith" was a waiter who waited tables in a way that was only consistent with how he thought "a waiter" ought to wait tables like. I mean, this is clearly even more egregious than that, if I have even a primitive understanding of what "bad faith" is supposed to mean.

That's not to say that you should necessarily care about that, either.

Pretty accurate
This is just an inspo thread

>Ironically, this whole thread is probably making Sarte spin in his grave.

??

What tobacco did he smoke?

Holy shit is you take out that hairstyle and maybe the cigarettw he'll look like a under average guy/ugly/normal.

God he was so ugly, but I respect and admire him (also for beign able to fuck Simone and cheat on her)

start with the greeks

You sound like you're fifteen. This is how fedoracore started, ya assholes.

>tfw you'll never be aesthetic as this.

kek, underrated

Simone was fucking vile m8. Rancid ass pussy

qt

The Philosopher

Circolo Donegal Overcoat: $798
Z Zegna Jacquard Check Knit: $450
Corneliani Polka Dot Shirt: $318
L.B.M. 1911 Mini Check Casual Pants: $328
Giulio Moretti Leather Boots: $450
Pantherella Wool Socks: $38
Van Gils Suede Gloves: $135
Begg & Co. Lambswool & Angora Scarf: $138

>This is just an inspo thread
Exactly, everybody needs to stop getting so triggered

That looks gay af, so fucking dandy.

You're fucking gay you goddamn homo I bet you fuck women

its about how you do it. There's nothing wrong with picking cues from older times. What defines the 'fedora' look is a basic lack of aesthetic sensibility. Cool becomes uncool becomes cool, but a good fit transcends time, its a glimpse of the absolute.

There's no way to "dress" like a philosopher

If you specifically try to look like one, EVERYBODY will see through your bullshit and you will look like a massive faggot. It NEVER works. Don't even fucking try.

Want to "look" like one? Best way to do it is to read philosophy and only ever mention it if someone asks. That's it.

>when the herb hits you

"Bad faith" is a conception of Sarte, a French existential philosopher. is a picture of him. Essentially, "bad faith" is living your life in a way that betrays your own freedom to live it based on your own absolute freedom, including living it based on other peoples' expectations. For example, dressing in a certain way because it's how people might expect you to dress for your profession. It's a bit of a weird subject that, in my opinion, he didn't do a very good job of explaining, but that's my best shot at it. Polite sage because is right and like I said, it's not something to worry too hard about IMO

Weren't they in an open relationship? I heard that Simone liked to fuck her students and sometimes brought them back to Sarte for three ways, but that might be apocryphal

shoot arabs

play football

Depends. Camus or Sartre?

only because Sartre is a butthurt uggo

/thread

actually
/board

This is where most people fuck up.