BOOT GENERAL

This thread is for the discussion of boots and all things boot related including boot care and things to wear with boots

>All boot related faggotry belongs in the boot general

Show off your boot collections edition

Other urls found in this thread:

grinders.co.uk/home/products/classic-collection/herald-cs/
solovair-shoes.com/product/black-hi-shine-6-eye-derby-boot/?v=6cc98ba2045f#
doublered.eu/14-footwear
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cowboy/western boots

What are some good manufacturers to look at?

Here's my boot collection:
From left to right:
Cowboy shoes, Red Wing Iron Rangers (Black), Timberland 6" wheat nubuck, Timberland 6" Exo Web, Timberland 6" Patent Leather, Timberland Abington Boot

Excuse potato phone

From left to right :
1. vintage(1982?) DM 8217? (8 steel tunnel eyelets)in racing green. Don't know a lot about these

2. DM 1460s, plasticy leather and splitting along toe crease (haven't worn for over a year now)

3. DM industrial 10i steel toe

4. Solovair commando sole stitched steel toe 11i oxblood boots

5. Austrian meme boots

6. DM 1914 cherry reds, comfiest boots out of all of them

Feel free to ask any questions

Médiéval looking boot best places for finding them ?

thevikingstore.co.uk has a footwear section, I think its mainly costume stuff but you might still find something you like, there's quite a few medieval larp stores that you might find helpful

are the meme boots worth getting?

Yeah I'd say so, only paid £23 for mine and I'd say they're well worth it, I'd recommend you get a newer pair than mine which would still only be about £35. But I would definitely recommend them even if you do get some like mine, they're well built solid and only slightly less comfortable than most of my other boots (removed squeaky insole they came with)

cool, thanks. where do you think is the best place to order them?

i see some on ebay for like $46.50 plus 12 dollar shipping but that seems a little steep to me

where'd you get yours from? I'm looking to get a pair soon and I'm always weary of places I've never bought from before.

Daily reminder that Palladium and IDF boots are objectively the best lightweight boots.

>getting doc martens
>ever

ISHYGDDT.

Look like shit IMO

I'm in the uk, got mine from a seller on ebay, asking as you're using PayPal for the payment though its pretty easy to get your money back and on eBay its even easier as eBay always side with the person buying the goods, quite a lot of places online went out of stock shortly after I got mine (at the height of the memeing) but there are hundreds of milsurp websites its just a pain to search through them all

Ivan who occasionally posts here has a website called commandostore.com and his boots look to be in really good shape (apparently shipping is a bit pricey though)

there's always brick and mortar milsurp stores so just look for some near you because unless its some sort of tacticool store appealing to edgy 14 year olds they'll usually be quite a bit cheaper than the online sellers

its kommandostore.com

and the boots have been out of stock for weeks

What leather conditioner do you use?

do the austrian meme boots look well if you tuck pants in?

great, thank you

w2c some cole haan lunargrands?

>ISHYGDDT
What did he mean by this

I reccomend people don't buy doctor martens and if you choose to believe me I was the original solovair shill over a year ago now.

The racing green ones are from the 80s when they were still mie and they were £25 anyway so amazing value and would've been worth it just for the slightly different design (slimmer boot, tunnel eyelets) even if they were chinkshit, the black 1460s were 50% off and they were my first pair of boots but i didn't know to avoid them back then. The industrials are actually pretty decent boots, and I got the 1914s for the height and iconic look (skinhead) but they do seem to be much better quality than my other China docs and have the comfiest footbed out of any shoes I've ever worn, the leather isn't quite as good as my solovairs but its not far off.

OK thanks

this is my first boot, I want into mono docs but they are hard to find here/no shipping either

Docs are the joy division of the fashion world, total poseur shit

Maybe they really have all diseapeared from the internet, actual shops are probably your best bet

I just use polish regularly and will cover new boots in a really soft petroleum jelly

That's how I always wear them, yeah they're tall enough to be east to tuck into and look good tucked but without the neo vibes, I can't imagine anything other than black jeans/chinos/trousers looking good tucked though

You're welcome

>That's how I always wear them, yeah they're tall enough to be east to tuck into and look good tucked but without the neo vibes, I can't imagine anything other than black jeans/chinos/trousers looking good tucked though

Doesn't it make you look kind of effeminate? or is it not that bad?

I'd assume leg/torso proportions accounts for not making you look stupid doing so as a guy, too

Forgot to say, I don't wear them with skin tight jeans, more of a slim fit to straight leg and bag them out over the top a tiny bit, gives it a more masculine baby jackboot sort of look

I've seen some guys wearing them with like you said, slim fit (def. not skin tight lmao) completely tucked in with no crevice/bag over the top and it looked great on them, though they were all tall, not sure if it would look that good on somewhat that's 5'11" like me. we will see though! cant wait to get my meme boots in the mail

Nah I recon it'll look pretty decent along as your jeans are good, post a fit in one of these threads when they arrive Manlet king

This is what I have, only with black laces.

I remember liking these boots, but they were too expensive at the time.
Can you still get them or similar? The thing I liked that I didn't see in cheaper boots was the slim/tapered shape especially the toe box (is there name for this?).

What do you think of them Veeky Forums?

These are british army surplus - they cost me £4.

If you are an impoverished student like I am, military patrol boots are a godsend

More of a sneaker guy, these have served me well over the years though...

>he wears boots with a zip

Look pretty nice man

thanks

for real though heres a pic

want

10 eye boots are a pain in the arse, I can deal with having a zip even if it offends you

Not the glorious Chilean hand made boots
Bestias

Bought my first pair of boots, what do you think?

Pretty nice, especially for a couple of quid

>10 eye boots are a pain in the are
>10
You looking like a child with adhd wearing less robust boots does not offend me at all

Sounds like you're getting pretty worked up there pal.

If you would like to recommend some more robust zip free boots, I'd love to take a look.

Best place to get Doc replicas?

>Im a poorfag

Cavender's is good, that's what people wear here in Texas

Are you a older wealthy black man?

I remember the tripfag Igor got a pair from Ali but he never posted them in a boot thread (probably because they were shit) get yourself some milsurp boots from your country or another Warsaw pact country just to add a little bit of background to your boots (I'm assuming you're pyccкий)

Nah m80, pretty much any leather boots without zips, its not like a black mannequin situation that all boots with zips are terrible its just that zips 'neuter' the boots theyre on because either you don't lace them as tight as they should be in order to make zipping easier or you lace them as tight as they should be but the added stress on the zip causes them to fail quicker. And to be fair they do look pretty shitty most of the time

Why are Docs considered meme boots? I've been considering getting some 1940s and don't want to waste my money

Nearly everyone has a pair so theyre common AF
They accidentally ruined their image with their punk skinhead mod 'stand for something' advertising campaign which was jumped on by sjws
Every single pairs RRP is £40 too high

The 1940s was discontinued at the same time as quite a lot of their other skinhead (and to a lesser extent 'punk') suitable boots so if you do get a pair its likely no warranty.
Don't let what other think dictate what you wear though, if you want some then get some, I would personally lean more towards a pair of grinders which are available with and without the aircushion sole

Dude, Joy Division isn't even that weird, how is it poseur?

Man, I bet you think you're legit for sun city girls or some shit, faggot.

Every single "alt" guy/girl has a pair

They literally have a slogan about being a nonconformist or whatever so naturally all nonconformists collectively got a pair ASAP

Alright, thanks. I'll look around, honestly depends on prices compared to others with the same look

grinders.co.uk/home/products/classic-collection/herald-cs/

Those are the boots I was talking about, really good for the price, slightly different design I know, if you want something closer to the 1940s then solovair make 14i steels with the exact same design however these will likely be ~£175 +-25 as theyre made in england but will be much better quality than the actual 1940s

Just got the black ones, very comfy

On the left is the new boots I bought from All Saints; fuckin comfiest boots I've ever worn, they fit perfectly, and they add 2 inches to my manlet height. Really happy with them.

Boots on the right are the ones I'm replacing; got em at Nordstroms for a song but they are falling apart.

I cleaned and conditioned the All Saints with Kiwi Mink Oil which darkened them nicely and weatherproofed them. Didn't know you were supposed to do that, glad I know now.

How often should I be conditioning them? I've seen everything from weekly to monthly to once a year.

I don't condition my boot, just polish them regularly instead. You don't actually need to condition them at all as long as you still give them some sort of treatment, I'd say twice a year though once after spring and once after autumn

im fine with docs but the far right are literally ronald mcdonald-tier

What kind of boots are fine for manlets that don't make it look like you're overcompensating? Sick of wearing shitty sneakers.

Am I the only one that actually likes the cherry red/oxblood-boots? Sure, matching them is tough, but otherwise they look like the classic skinhead-boot that people love.

I like the color, think it looks better than brown or black, you can also oil them up to make them slightly darker

Can someone ID these boots for me? I saw them in a Viridi-Anne lookbook and fell in love.

are you supposed to cuff your jeans when wearing boots

I sometimes wear them with jeans rolled only half way up them so they look like 10i boots just because theyre easier to work with fit wise but I'll occasionally go all out pic related

I've actually polished the main boot with a mixture of oxblood and black and the toecap with oxblood and cherry which gives it a really nice rub off look

Can anyone with Solovairs give me some insight?
I'm looking to cop something like this but have never owned boots before and don't know about brand quality, how to style etc.
solovair-shoes.com/product/black-hi-shine-6-eye-derby-boot/?v=6cc98ba2045f#

What's the most you guys would pay for these?

Around 300 yurobucks.

They are from this pretty obscure brand called Viridi-Anne, you probably haven't heard of them

Certainly not $659 considering they're CPs.
At that pricepoint I'd rather get a pair from either Viberg or C&J.

doublered.eu/14-footwear

Is this Veeky Forums?

Dunno how I should feel about this, I'm new here.

no, otherwise i bought timbs and would leave them on while having sex

they don't look as shiny as in the pic in RL tho

I tried looking for Viridi-Anne boots and nothing similar came up.

Actually, scratch that. Found them.

where could someone purchase said boots

Ordered this from river island for 35€ because I love this style. Last time I ordered boots from River Island or some similar uk site they lasted for 5+ years and still going strong. My most comfortable and most worn boots and are made in portugal.

Hope I luck out with these ones too.

Bestias look really good. Where to cop? (I live in australia)

They're common project combat winter boots, they're still available on some sites, you could also check grailed too.

$500 or so.

They're my favorite pair of combat boots.

i have two pairs of CPs and yet mixed feelings about these. I would rather get Ricks or Saint Laurent honestly. I do love that sole though.

Copped my first pair of Clarks originals. Am I too late for this meme or will I be able to pass them off?

Whats the definitive best pair of basic bitch doc martins to buy

Made in China patent leather (black, pink or white) 1460s. Or furlined, zippered Pascal 1460s.

Ok why is the shipping 1488?

Because theyre Nazi boots

Hey effay, /cgl/ here, what boots would most closely match the kind you see in Ares?
The artist can't draw feet for shit, so there's no closeups, just vague looking tall boots.
I'm thinking Gripfast 14i would work best, or maybe 20i.
Any opinions?

Depends on the boots, black boots its optional you can tuck, cuff or just hang them over, any other colour of boot you basically have to cuff them even if its just one small cuff otherwise it looks a bit off

Solovairs are great, good quality and comfy
Those will be really easy to pair things with as they're simple and sleek

Gripfast 14i would be your safest bet, remember to ladder-lace them for that pic related look

Seller is a nazi or wants to attract nazis.

hello /boot/
im looking for a cowboy style//military style boot to go with my look in pic related.
something that gives the look of authority

should i go with brown or black boots as well?

im trying to keep it around $100

thanks for your time.

Same, the nubucks are pretty nice

just copped, thoughts?

toebox is hideous, theyre good boots but dont look that great, hope you didnt just buy them as a fashion boot

Everything behind the toes looks great, really cool techwear sort of boot its just the last 2 inches of boot look attrocious. Still pretty nice though, I'm sure they'll look decent when you're wearing them

Blue jeans=brown boots and always match your boots with your belt

>Danner-Tachyon

got them because lightweight sneaker-esque boot i can do some light trekking/hiking in as well as walking

pls where

thanks bro,

WTC?

Post fit. I'm gonna need new boots soon.

I hate how flimsy the upper part of my meme boots is. I'm thinking of trying to line it somehow.

Okay my question is how should pants fit on boots? Should they cover the top portion of boots, should the liner stay above or what? I feel like any of the pants that i have don't fit my work boots right.

>The Bay had Red Wings / Wolverines / Chippewas going for $90 CDN and I fucking missed it

fuck

fuck

FUCK