Veeky Forums cars

What is the most Veeky Forums approved car?

Imo pic related is still the undisputed king.

>Can be bought for ~$30,000
>Looks snazzy
>Is pretty fast
>Great handling
>It's a porsche

Perfect car

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GnHTIIldB1M
youtube.com/watch?v=iaHteRAkhjA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

2004-2007 civic or corolla
Why would you need to throw away your money on something more expensive unless you are compensating for something?

>Ur just le compensating

Maybe because you enjoy driving it?

A porsche is enjoyable to drive, you are actually excited to get in and go somewhere. A shitty honda civic is just a method of transportation only slightly better than walking.

A used Honda or Toyota.

A vanity car should be reserved for when you have over $1 mil and you can just showoff with some things and not give a fuck.

It's only $30,000, very affordable desu

A Go-Kart is enjoyable to drive. Driving on public roads will be shitty no matter how expensive your car is. Driving is something that should be avoided unless necessary.

If you're asking what most people here would enjoy most, perhaps the Porsche is the right car.

However, if you're asking about the car that most of Veeky Forums should purchase if their goal is to become independently wealthy, I'd say a Porsche is probably one of the worst cars to buy.

Being that most of the readers here are in their teens or twenties, the vast majority of them are not wealthy enough to purchase such a car.

Even if you can purchase it for $30,000, there are a lot of hidden costs. Insurance is going to be higher and this is especially true for males under the age of 25. Maintenance, even things like oil changes, are vastly more expensive than more practical cars. Fuel costs, should gasoline jump to > $3.50/gallon again, are going to chew up you since the Porsches get pretty crappy gas mileage.

No, the car to purchase for the Veeky Forums denizen looking to become wealthy is a boring, reliable car that does not cost too much. has the right idea. For people who are particularly frightened of buying used cars and have the means, buying a Civic or Corolla new and driving it until the wheels fall off is just fine.

What do I drive? A Corolla I bought new over 10 years ago in cash. Excluding oil changes, fuel, and insurance, my yearly cost of ownership is less than $1,000/year.

And I am a multimillionaire.

Hello iHaz, no one is going to fall for the b8 this time.

that's a 2014 cayman coupe, no way you can find it for 30k

>i drive a shit car
>im a multimillonaire
you are either lying or an frugautist

(you are lying)

Not it specifically but you can easily find a Cayman S a few years old and slightly used for around $30k.

Look how fucking nice this shit feels:

youtube.com/watch?v=GnHTIIldB1M

You will NEVER experience this in your mom's shitty corolla or your rusted to fuck honda civic.

Haha. No, I'm not as well off as iHaz. But you're looking for people to agree with your decision to spend $30,000 on a car. I'm not sure if you're going to find any kindred spirits.

Regarding the Porsche and oil changes. I forget the exact numbers but I know someone wealthy enough to buy a new Porsche and oil changes were either $350 or $700. The engine area is cramped enough that it is almost impossible for a typical person to change the oil himself.

luxury cars only mean something if you keep them immaculate, which you probably can't afford to do if you're scrounging up $30k for the cheapest used one you can find

the second i hear that power steering belt slip on your BMW, i know you are a fake ass negro rich wannabe. and to be totally honest, that's worse than showing up in a corolla any day of the week.

>But you're looking for people to agree with your decision to spend $30,000 on a car. I'm not sure if you're going to find any kindred spirits.

Around 1.5 years ago the Porsche Cayman S was *THE* undisputed king of cars for Veeky Forums. Everyone has unanimously agreed that it was the ultimate price-point for a car to look good - yet also be affordable and that it looks easily 3x as expensive as it costs.

I really think it is. It's quite affordable and yet looks and feels so so nice.

i saw a old dude driving a cayman S in white

it's a cool car, but any ricer will smoke it up

it's probably expensive to maintain, and if you are looking for 30k porsches you probably cant afford it

There's nothing for me to gain by lying and there's nothing to gain by showing my hand so I'll let you believe that I'm a liar. However, the advice I offer on the purchase of a car for everyday use is sound.

I am relatively frugal compared to most Americans but I most certainly don't suffer. I eat whatever I want, vacation largely wherever I want, and for discretionary purchases, buy what I like (generally higher end goods that are high-quality and last a lifetime.)

A car, to me, is just a way of getting from Point A to Point B. I'd like something nicer and I really need to buy something relatively soon since the Corolla has to die some day but nothing catches my eye.

the nissan 350z looks way more expensive than it is and its a cool car you can have for like 10k

how much did you inherit?

>it's probably expensive to maintain, and if you are looking for 30k porsches you probably cant afford it

Oh I can afford it, it's just that I believe it's the ultimate Veeky Forums car, as I said.

It easily looks like it could be several times more expensive than it is. If someone saw you in it they would be amazed, not even thinking in reality it's about the cost of a new Toyota meme car.

While I do agree that anything beyond a Cayman S is too overkill and diminishing returns really.

like i said before, people that dont know shit about cars will think 350z is expensive

will think a corvette is expensive

mitsubishi 3000gt etc

any car that looks cool basically

people dont kno shit about cars

I inherited nothing. But I did not have to pay for college tuition since my parents did and I went to college long enough ago that it didn't cost nearly as much as it had today. I'd probably be wealthier than iHaz if I had hypothetically invested in some sort of index fund that was based on college tuition costs.

I made my money by saving like a demon, investing 90+% of my net worth in the market (individual stocks), and having a personality quirk where I just don't get excited by and infused with an urge to buy the "shinies."

how old are you
how much did you save before investing and what was your wage and work

how much is multi millon?

Porsche master race. I went with the droptop myself. Brand new, not used because I'm not poor.

I will not divulge much more about myself for obvious reasons. To selectively answer your questions:

I started investing in individual stocks when I managed to amass $20,000. My starting wage was < $30,000 and I was grossly underpaid for years. I work in software product development and make a six-figure income now and have made a six figure income in realized passive income the past few years.

I did not make my money from a windfall in stock options or stock grants. Pisses me off. :)

I'll add one other thing that may be interesting to readers here.

Almost all of my long-time friends are also millionaires and none of them inherited any money. I knew these people when they had practically no net worth although I'm sure they'll inherit something some day when their parents die.

There is a belief that a lot of habits that make people successful are sort of like group behaviors. If you associate with a bunch of poor people who do stupid things with money, you're likely to be poor, too. If you associate with a bunch of people who don't do stupid things with money you're likely to not do stupid things with money.

Chicken or egg? Perhaps we seek to associate people who are like ourselves? Or do we become like people with whom we associate?

get used cayman (starting from 2007). you wont get anything like that at that price. incredibly fun to drive. the most fun begins at backroads

youtube.com/watch?v=iaHteRAkhjA

Fucking awesome, holy shit

Mercedes-Benz C Class. Any year.

Porsche? Are you a hick? London here, by the way. That shit is not 'snazzy'.

strapoll for what Veeky Forums actually does
trying to get as many participants as possible for a good concensus on our occupations
>

what if have no friends?

Miata for hektik skids mate

>you

Holy dick why come here

Huh?

>london here

ok mahmoud al-mohammad rajabi, we get it, you guys only use goats

porche as a 2nd car will be good for you, hot milfs are still into porches for some reaason, maybe it looks sexy idk?

isn't the Merc E-Class the one?

I have a shitty 15 year old Mazda 323, manual.

It's fucking fun to drive, i treat it like shit, and couldn't give two flying fucks if someone else damages it.

Anyone who owns an expensive car is a moron.

I am a multi-millionaire, and this is me;
There's nothing i dislike more than people who flaunt their money publicly. Be humble. (Yeah, fuck off with 'hypocrite', this is an anonymous internet shithole).

Only brainwashed consumerist Americans care about cars.

>any ricer will smoke it up
But you don't know what a ricer is, or what the Cayman is capable of. Porsche pretty much holds the Cayman down performance wise so it won't outdo the base 911 at a lower price point.

>I want my car to go brum brum and drive real fast

are you all like 12 years old? Here's a list of Veeky Forums tier cars for people who are actually 18+

>Merc C/S class
>BMW 5/7 Series
>Jag XK
>Maserati GT/quatoporte
>Bentley/Rolls/Aston for the real ballers

I have a hatch wrx with a built motor and rotated turbo setup. it's pretty fun and it's a beast in the winter

Grab turismo

Not OP, but it's obvious you'll never understand.

Found an older Lexus for ~$12,000, essentially brand new (former owner died shortly after buying and his relative kept it in his garage for years before deciding to sell it.)

driving even on public roads is fun unless you're in parking lot traffic which only ever happens if theres an accident where I live

Anyone who has enough money and does not buy good car is clinically retarded, I know, because my IQ is 195115. I would not lie on the internet

>Chicken or egg? Perhaps we seek to associate people who are like ourselves? Or do we become like people with whom we associate?
Oooooh, ooooh... Far out, man.

As someone who moved a lot and jumped to different social classes during my youth, I'd say it's the latter.

C class is a miniature s class now. Such a wannabe car. 3 series and a4 shit all over it

350z just screams "i wanted a fast looking luxury car, but this is all i could afford"

2001 Toyota Corolla Master Race
Keeping my living costs low and accumulating money.

The only way that might work is if you can expense your car as a business asset. Like you run a real estate business and use it to impress clients. Cars are terrible depreciating assets..

Financial capital of the world

only in autist internet boards
IRL is a cool car

lol a stock supra kills a 30k cayman you fucking tool, and so does the 911.

Working sucks. But I made 20k in Bitcoin, so i'll keep growing from there. You are an aspie coder with a talent for that i presume, i cant code or do anything, and in my country works pay like shit.

Some of those days i will become rich with an altcoin pump.

My 95 rental toyota corolla

>bought it for 3 grand 10 years ago
>have spent 3 grand in repairs
>30 mpg

>confusing new bagdad with New York
British roleplay is cuter than ever. The mayor of London is literally reverse gentrifying after seeing Detroit, and people still aren't selling the fuck out of any real estate that they have there.

A lexus. It is a reliable toyota with a better badge. It is all you need.

Most wealthy people don't drive expensive depreciating carts new, they drive used depreciating carts.

is right. If you want to show off with a nice car you should have amassed significant wealth and have a relatively high continuous income.

Jaguar xk
Maserati GranTurismo
Aston Martin Vantage

I drive a Lincoln Towncar Signature 2005, got a great deal on it and I can use uber to make extra scratch when I am not busy.

Faggot shill

Yes user I'm sure this is a shill for used porsches

Land Rover Defender or Range Rover

Nice frugal pleb meme.

You will never get to 1mil without a proper car in the first place. People need to take you seriously first.

A hot Porsche will get you hot chicks. But not when you are in yours 50s

The one that work bought, pays service/parts and fuel for and lets me use outside of work hours no questions asked.

Life is a scam.
You can afford a cool car, but then you are balding and wrinkling.

If you aren't born rich.. game over.

The guy I saw in the Cayman was a old man with sunglasses.

Any prettyboy working in mcDonalds can get higher quality pussy.

That's why you're suppose to be trying to earn hella fucking money or you're suppose to be spending it.

Literally only two phases in life. Earning or Spending. No other option.

I approve of the BMW i8. Cheap for what you're getting. Great car.

bus master race here. enjoy your dui's normies

Lamborghini
>fast
>almost as good as knowledge
>fun to drive in the Hollywood Hills
>looks good in my garage

Audi A6 if we're talking price/value ratio

>never breaks down
>can be bought used for 10k
>classy in a non-showy, teen envy way
>smooth as fuck and absolute joy to drive

>muh price/value ratio

Ford Mustang

nothing screams manchild more than an expensive sports car

'05 Civic coupe here.

Cheap, and actually fun to drive with a manual trans.

Tesla model s

>falling for the petroleum jew

whats the point of spending when you are old as fuck by the time you get to spend

whats the point of earning if you have to live an autistic frugal life

crown vic

Used I'm not sure, but for new maybe the prius c.

>not model 3 when it comes out

>No self employed.

Do you even biz?

it's old, so no

Warren Buffett only drives GM.

Back in the day it was a beefy Suburban.

Now days he drives Cadillacs.

A 2014 Cadillac XTS is what he drives today.

A range rover
it's got the business aesthetic

This, A6 Quattro is the nicest drive I've ever had.
And I've driven a lot of cars.

Driven by dickheads though.

true but so are all luxury cars

ITT > attention whores

>C class
fuck outta here

I like this choice, nice.

But regarding a Veeky Forums car... I'd say the model 3 once released
>affordable
>save $ by no longer needing gas
>silicon valley appeal

I'm making good money and currently drive a Honda.

Its in black tho and I wax it on the reg.

Boxter is the poor man's Porsche though, unless you're a chick u just look foolish in one.

Good on gas,lots of storage space for keeping tools and equipment secure and dry. Get it wrapped with your company logo and write the whole thing off on your taxes.

80's Mercedes is the only good answer. Preferably Diesel.

bought for $300

do you guys even /frugal/

Whats with the superiority complex from idiots driving $1200 Toyotas and Hondas.

Driving the a piece of shit car does not make you wealthy.
It doesn't mean you are smarter with money than everyone else.

You drive the same car as a mexican pizza delivery driver.
Grow the fuck up.

this

it doesnt matter
only idiots care about cars