Male modelling general

Has anyone here had any experience with male modelling ? Either shooting or being shot, what advice/stories ? looking into the fashion industry and would like to do a bit of research first. good questions welcome.

tldr: post anything to do with male modelling

Bumping because interested too

I was approached by a guy who suggested that I go along to one of their casting calls. What does that shit entail?

As far as I know think about how much you're worth /hour and don't just take the first offer. If you succeed a management agency is a good idea. Castings worth a shot.

BUMP

Also I've had small scale modelling exp. for a local clothing range. I have general knowledge of most fields (for questions) including how not to dress like a anxious filled lurker or a try hard fashion guru.

Oh yeah, I was given a card for the agency and after poking around the site I realised the guy that spoke with me is the head of it all.
I haven't jumped at the idea of it like, it's not something I've every really considered, but if it worked out and payed ok I feel it might be worth giving it a go. Just something to supplement uni living really

Yep exactly, I got paid $800 for a whole day shoot which was extremely easy money. Just take into mind your photo/image will be shared around the net and everywhere, take that into your hourly rate. Also get to network and meet new people which can advance your decisions.

Yeah, I'm a fairly low key person which is why i didn't jump at the opportunity, for most part I've been pretty resolute in thinking "Nah it's not really me", but at the same time life's been pretty monotonous and I've been feeling a need to say yes to stuff and try new things

To what degree has your experience with it all been positive/negative?

First time I did a shoot for $100 ($25/hour), and they kept posting 100s of photos on the instagram for a year until I told them to stop.

Second time more positive and got make up pampered, transport, lunch & anything you name it. Plus the money was better ($800) and my image has gotten out to more platforms. Meet heaps of people as well which helps for the future.

Post pic of yourselves

>I was approached by a guy
where are these people? inb4 ugly

second this

ps money isn't as good but it's a possible bridge to work as a film extra. very easy money and you get fed for the day. talking like 100$ a day

I used to model but then I got depressed (not related) and put on about 10kg
I'm now looking to lose them again and to start again
It's fun once you cope with the fact that a lot of guys there are gay and touchy
Photo modeling is easy, walking is weird tho
You have so many eyes on you and it's so weird
Tbh if you can model do it, you can always go back
Just a tip, don't dress up, a lot of girls go there flexing thinking they'll be noticed (guys too but there are less models that "flex", I don't really know the right word)
Dress as simple and plain as you can, be yourself and have fun
(Also, no pics of your fatty patty, gotta wait)

Sure beats working my normie monotonous mundane job. My hourly minimum is $100 which more then half of what I make a day. (located in the Au)

My friend and I sent an application each to UK Models. I got a reply, he didn't. They wanted to call me but I didn't (cos I have exams soon). They ended up texting me back but I still ghosted them. Should I resend in the summer after exams?

did you have photos taken professionally?

I run any clothes as long as its functional. From quicksilver 2000's boardies (disgusting looking past my knees) and a stained white T shirt wearing crocs as well, compared to all the raf,kappa,supreme, gosha & gucci I sometimes dabble into. Literally doesn't matter what clothes you wear as long as you're confident in your self & body.

Also I know there are two big agencies I have a few friends that model in, IMG models & Priscilla's.

Not sure about any more agencies if any ausfags know that would be a good way to get scouted ?

No. I just sent a plain selfie

Do it right away don't miss any opportunities.
Care to share your photos ? (blur face or whatever)

i'm pretty sure uk models is a scam, so I wouldn't follow it up any further. If you want to go into modelling try storm, elite, models 1, or any other agency that you recognise models from or have researched.

I'm 18 and my modeling virginity has yet to be taken. My parents told me it was probably a scam. Should I consider getting decent photos taken of me by photography friends to send rather than selfies?

Couldn't blur face

*So blurred photo

fix your nose dog

yeah, a lot of actual agencies will not accept selfies. get a headshot, half length and full length photo in plain tight-fitting clothes, as that will be what most agencies ask for. If you have access to a studio and a dslr that will probably help to.

Get a professional (camera,lighting,aperture) to take a portfolio for you. Full length, waist up, mug shot, profile and 30second video is always good to see the way you talk/move & to see if you're a social retard or not.

I tried it but its one of those things if u do it specifically for the money, UR WAY BETTER OFF DOING SOMETHING ELSE...

also i got denied one time because I couldnt find the freshest pair of ripped white jeans, till this day I cant/ dont know where to find fitted white ripped jeans

Professional portfolios are expensive maaan

Can i still model if i am socially retarded? i'm ok in front of a camera just shit at talking

if you apply online with your own photos, they will take professional ones for you if they want you. Never go for an agency that tries to get you to pay for professional photos through them.

this is the stupidest question i have seen today.

What do you think? Do you talk to the camera?

anyways being socially retarded doesnt really help much in an industry where you work with other people.

r most male models fit or skeletonish? which finds more work/ is paid more do u think?

1. you're a fucking idiot
2. there are different male models for diff parts of the industry
3. they arent going to be looking for 6'3 skeletor for a swimsuit runway or mens health magazine
4. And they won't be looking for some 5'9 fit dude for some high fashion runway

I was walking back from uni, turns out the agency was close buy and this guy was just taking a walk

Destiny

so i'm fucking ugly as fuck but i got a nice camera and go to a college with a relatively big acting school. my plan was to just charge people for cheap headshots for their portfolios or whatever

okay