Work-wear core

I was wondering if things like Dickies and Wrangler and or Carhartt can be worn in a stylish way. Pic related. Thoughts? I just don't want to break the bank for things that aren't any better quality than these things. Any recommendations for affordable /fa clothes in general?

you are five years late to workwear mate

workwear has never been as in as it is now, just wear what suits you however you like.

this is often the wrong board to bring this up though, hypebeast//streetwear babies with skinny jeans, long dress t shirts, and clown tennis shoes will tell you workwear can't be Veeky Forums.

this is a strange board in 2017

>tfw got an active jacket but it's too large

This.

What is the thing now, though? Maybe I'm missing it but Veeky Forums doesn't seem to really be about anything today.

japanese workwear is just way better. it's way less affordable but you could just save up and buy less pieces over time

That's how you know it's legit workwear.
If it fits you in the chest then the sleeves should end around mid-forearm or you are a manlet.
If it fits you in the sleeves then either you're carrying a tent around your chest or you're fat.

i do construction. these are my docs. i think they're pretty effay for construction, but i don' think i'll get two years out of them..

fuck off weaboo, japs rep carhartt and dickies like they wish they owned it

>docs
>construction
..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

It fits me nowhere, the sleeves are a bit too long (and puffy as fuck), same for the chest. At least the length at the waist is fine.

> five years late to a fashion that goes back into the 19th century for Americana.
Yeah nah senpai. Nothing new. Time a spiral. kys. Most work wear is designed to be comfortable to work in, so less fit to be fashionable on a lot of body types.

If you really want to go this route, go thrifting for work wear and then get them tailored to fit better.

OP you need to consider actually working in this gear, as in, the fits and proportions are overwhelmingly for big guys (4 u) who often layer a lot depending on the type of work. Skinny jeans are going to look atrocious with any sort of carhartt top imho

Ive been in forestry for years and a few lads really are pretty Veeky Forums conscious, its fun to look and be the part. I recommend firehose bottoms, whites loggers and filson short jacket for truckers, seattle fit
I also recommend you probably gain 50 lbs

i wore my doc for 3 days doing construction, you musn't be doing much at work mate

>It fits me nowhere

Legit as fuck. You got some non-ironic workwear going then.

they make steel toe docs or are you memeing me?

I think you can get "fashion" steel toe docs and industrial steel toe docs.

If you wear "work" clothing, call it work wear core, and don't work in manual labor end yourself immediately.

Probably scumwave, the problem is its a mostly european style, americans can't really pull it off.

I personally like my work clothes a lot for their comfort and practicality. I don't think they make sense in outfits that aren't work oriented.

How the fuck am I supposed to make it look decent then?

i do hardwood floors and also pull out floors (tile, hardwood, carpet, and subfloor). they work gr8 so far. aren't docs the original working mans boot anyways? shinny docs bother me. flashy docs? lol cmon m8.

Are these even steel toes?

If you give a shit about how you dress when you're doing manual labour then you're clearly not cut out for working a blue collar job.

Wearing something like a fleece and jeans that you don't care they get dirty is all you need.

Wearing some clothes that are easily replaceable with minimal cost and generally can take a beating is all that you need. You don't need to wear steel cap timberland if you already have some trainers.