So what's the bigger redflag to sighting permavirgins?

so what's the bigger redflag to sighting permavirgins?
the genuine fedora or the trilby they thought was one in a gap?

The real sign of a permavirgin is knowing the difference between a fedora and a trilby

What is the difference?

nice save

I have a collection of over one-hundred hats, so I dont feel ashamed to know the difference. A trilby's brim goes up on three sides, while a fedora generally has a shallow curve on the side with the only true lip being in the back.

this

Fedora hate is a redflag for something, but I haven't figured out what. It makes about as much sense as pants hate.

>I have a collection of over one-hundred hats

If you wear a fedora or a trilby or any similar kind of hat without being 60+ you're probably made fun of a lot

Wikipedia tells you the difference, so it's anyone who care to Google.

The Trilby dates from a time when everyone wore a hat whenever they were outdoors. At a big outdoor event like a racetrack, it was considered polite to wear a hat with a low crown and short brim as a courtesy to those behind you.

("Please remove your hat" used to be the equivalent of "Please turn off your phone" in theaters. Outdoors, that was less practical.)

Young people are so insecure, they're likely to make fun of anything. Fuck 'em.

Stop having autism

Y'all really could benefit from a thesaurus. There are words other than "autism".

autismautismautismautismautismautismautismautismautismautismautismautismautismautismautismautismautismautismautismautismautismautismautism

trilby. I've seen a few people actually pull off real fedoras, admittedly they were all pretty old
cowboy hats are better anyway

The fucktards who hate on fedora would do the same with a cowboy hat. I often wear a variation on a cowboy hat that retards mistake for a fedora and remark on accordingly. It appears that fedora haters are like racists: just hating because they think it's cool to hate.

You're probably just ugly in a hat, stop blaming other people

Really it's because you should only be wearing a normal cap or beanie for headwear unless you're an old man.

"Proud to be a normie?"

Hats can't come back until jaw lines and chins come back.

I have a straw trillby/fedora/whatever for the beach. Is that Veeky Forums approved?

Veeky Forums can say whatever they like, but a straw hat for the beach presumably is to keep sun off. That means something modeled on a Trilby, with short brim, doesn't make much sense.

The Trilby was kind of a bad idea from the beginning, predicated on the fact that everybody was required to wear a hat of some kind whenever outdoors, but it was made a small, unobtrusive token hat to stay out of the way.

Since that requirement to always wear a hat no longer applies, and never did make much sense, the Trilby is a dinosaur.

take a browse through a WAYWT thread here and look at the poster's. Do you really want to take advice from emo/all black with clown shoes and perpetually mopey twinks that are barely able to drink a beer legally?