/diy/

Do it yourself/ re-purposing general

Can't think of an edition edition

Anything about making your own clothes, customizing and/or tailoring goes here. Talk about your projects. Ask Questions. Share information. Help each other out.

PASTEBIN:
pastebin.com/hnXtzTk7
(if you think the pastebin lacks any information, just ask)
Japanese magazines, just in case you need them
pastebin.com/Q2iDYiAM

Last thread :

Other urls found in this thread:

cutterandtailor.com/forum/
warosu.org/fa/thread/S7421417#p7421606).
collectingknowledge.tumblr.com/?
copa.apps.uri.edu/index.php
50watts.com/Jeu-de-Massacre).
themandatepress.com/2011/07/double-xl-solvent-transfer-tutorial/
honestlywtf.com/diy/diy-uneven-denim-hem/
whowhatwear.co.uk/how-to-recreate-vetements-jeans
youtube.com/watch?v=IvDwsQgPOSg
discord.gg/jb4qFuU
grailed.com/listings/1989034-By-Walid-FW16-Ecclesiastical-Classic-Jacket-Dark
youtube.com/watch?v=BBcSQrD18f4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lil bump to get it started

Practiced a figure for my new project. Now I'm going to embroider some spaceships.

Tailoring discussion online: cutterandtailor.com/forum/

Unrelated to /diy/, but I was scrolling through some old threads and I saw this post (warosu.org/fa/thread/S7421417#p7421606). Does anyone have a working link to Anoraks screencaps? What's the new IP of collectingknowledge.tumblr.com/?

Bump

copa.apps.uri.edu/index.php

The guy on tumblr said to pm him for the new adress, maybe an user with a tumblr account could do that for us

I really like your spaceship design, reminds me of a russian artist but idk who exactly

Spaceship? You mean the drawing? It's an artillery shell with a face. It's an excerpt from a drawing by Fred Deltor (50watts.com/Jeu-de-Massacre). I want to incorporate the form of a shell into a sleeve, adding the face.

i was thinking ive done finished with this. thought of putting rings n shit. any ideas?

trying to find red n blue denim to sew in between orange n bleach but hmmm

I don't see how blue fits within the palette. If you want to add rings, add rings? Maybe add elements of boro and crustpunk?

well the overall idea is already out of place.. considering my country is tropical so why would i wanna bother with palette?¿ anyways i jus thought it could be a drawing line. hmmm any reference on boro?

Could you elaborate on the idea behind your jacket? For reference to boro check the pastebin.

The front looks great, the back not so imo.

Reposting from the last thread since the link hasn't been added to the pastebin yet:

themandatepress.com/2011/07/double-xl-solvent-transfer-tutorial/

is cutting the sleeves of a tshirt a good idea or does it look retarded?

You want to make a tank top? How skinny are your arms?

This'll he useful, thanks!

Jonathan?

info on pants?

>when you want to make your favourite pair of jeans a really dark indigo again, just like when you got them but you dye them and use too much dye so they turn pitch black.
fuck...

Leave them out in the sun for a week or so

I'm gonna make a vat of natural indigo dye soon.

I've got a baseball jersey, a sweater and two tote bags to dye. Any other ideas?

Pants, underwear, shirt or overall?

Had a fuckton of white hanes shirts for some reason.

Dope, how long did that take you?

A few seconds, then let it dry overnight. Fabric paint i used said 3 days before i can wash it though. Thinking of doing some freehand designs on another.

Not that guy, but does it matter? Just be thin/skinny/ripped and it'll look good but in order to look good in any clothes you have to be 1 of those 3.
Tl;dr don't be fat/skinnyfat

The clothes should match, among other things, the bodytype. I think a muscular arm suits best, but in the end OP decides.

i did a thing with a shirt

What exactly

A thing

gr8 fucking contribution

love the fit desu

I found my sweater from when I was 4/5 years old. I thought I threw it away! I'm so happy! I know exactly what I'm going to do the next weeks. Tomorrow I post the jacket and the pants.

If you want to take in around the waist, I believe you have to take in from the back just like the user told you in the other thread. What do you mean with the pockets? As for your vetements pants:
honestlywtf.com/diy/diy-uneven-denim-hem/
whowhatwear.co.uk/how-to-recreate-vetements-jeans
youtube.com/watch?v=IvDwsQgPOSg (if you want to dye it)

wat

I mean I want to recreate it to fit my current size, if that's answering your question.

if i pull and pin the shape I want on the outside seam i will lose some pockets.

Whats the best way to cover the yellow stitching

sharpie

What are some good cheap jeans that can achieve this kind of "cut" with tailoring? Are levis 501 ok? Any other cheap alternatives? 501s are not stretch right? I don't like stretch specially on not skinny jeans.

Indian ink

>don't like stretch specially on not skinny jeans.
so you dont like small leg openings?

I don't like stretch denim if the jeans cut is more relaxed than a skinny fit. I like both small and not small leg openings.

How do I get into aging garments like this? Gonna guess this raf hoodie is garment dyed.

A spray bottle with water and very diluted bleach should do the trick

Else leave it outside on a clothesline outside for a few weeks

can you add quick recap from last thread next time?

What did you have in mind?

pic related is a general from /g/.
I think a quick sum of previous thread looks very cool and it makes it easier to search for something in archive.

OP here
Too much work t b h but if another user wants to make this and become the op of the next threads he can

Maybe just a list of finished projects?

just maked my new skaet shoes
how did i do

Took advice to bleach my stained shoes. The sides look super good, but the tongue/nose seems to have taken a pink tint after bleaching.
What do? Why did it GAIN color form bleaching it?

Looks super cool as it is
You didn't gain color, the original fibers of the fabric were pink

The line you have drawn should stop around the thighs. Than you work at the back.

these are really nice good job

I didn't sew them. These were my clothes when I was 4 or 5 years old.

It was previously a big-ass overshirt and I cropped it and brought in the waist and adjusted the collar and changed the buttons and, y'know, things

dam must of been a cool ass kid

How are you going to prepare the vat?

i would try india ink

What did you do exactly? You didn't make them from scratch did you?

discord.gg/jb4qFuU
I made a Veeky Forums diy discord if anyone is interested in chatting about making stuff with likeminded people

yeah I might do some old shirts actually, I wanted to do pants but am not really sure where to find blank/white cotton pants for cheapish. I might try and do Linen scarf if I can find a strip of linen somewhere

I have a big old steel pot that I'm going to use, you need to wrap it in a towel to sustain the heat at 60C for longer. It's not ideal but it does the job just fine for a small batch

Why? Why not talk in this thread?

yuore right
i added some plastic to the midsole that was seriously worn off
and painted a black stripe with a pen!

It's difficult to have a running conversation in a thread compared to IM

Ooh
Well nice work then, never would've guess honestly

The huge skirt backpack is coming close to finished, I'll keep you guys updated

right away i'd say malevitch, something like an englishman in moscow

What are you going to wear with it?

What's the verdict on using heat transfer paper for back patches? Do they look stupid/don't last?

yeah exactly that, thank you

I've been trying to ruin a sweatshirt, like holes-in, scratches, and shit.

So far, I've got a few cigarette burns in it, scratched it with a knife, and then when I was drunk I like stabbed it a bunch.

Any other ideas for something I can do?

Bury it in the ground for a couple of weeks. Scrape it with asphalt or sandpaper.

Cut a stitch

For anyone who wants to do boro:
grailed.com/listings/1989034-By-Walid-FW16-Ecclesiastical-Classic-Jacket-Dark

those look like an invitation

Hey I have a question..
What adhesive would you use to re-adhere vinyl lettering to cotton?
Pic related, I have a bunch of old HBA stuff like these leggings where the lettering is starting to peel.

I'd rather not have discussion splinter off into a discord either for a thread this slow

lil pump ouu lil pump yuh

yoo, so sick

im digging the raw cut on the collar

loving that gucci tatt on his stupid nigger body

Yeah they don't last, for maximum security you want to iron it on and then sew it too, idk about back patches but I've found they arm patches can be made comfier by actually peeling off the sticky layer first as it makes them a lot more flexible.

didn't like the sleeves so i cut them off

Looks good

This guy looks like a hobo.

anybody got inspo/ideas for jeans with patches on? not talking patchwork but actual patches

No it doesnt

Posted in the wrong thread, but does anyone have experience with Dylon machine dye? Don't wanna botch this

Follow the instructions

If you dont want it pitch black then add the dye in half's or quarters of a packet and put it in for the longest wash you can and then rinse when you achieve your desired level of black

hobos look good where you live apparently

dirt by wearing them

Was salt included? After you dyed, wash a couple of times to get rid off any leftover dye.

Lil bump

80% cotton
20% polyester
Dyeable with Dylon?

Inspo: youtube.com/watch?v=BBcSQrD18f4