/ourgirl/

theverge.com/2017/4/6/15210694/Veeky Forums-fashion-line-internet-clothes-interview

Other urls found in this thread:

designow.com/design/687
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>A good portion of the users on there are incredibly smart and talented, and as has been previously shown, they definitely have the power to do something big!

n-n-n-no-o, y-y-you...

>interviewer keeps trying to force her to say that Veeky Forums is disgusting and comprised of horrible people
>she doesn't comply once

At first I hated this but she's truly /ourgal/ isn't she

Wow did any of you ever think that maybe she actually didn't do this out of hate? Lmao /ourgirl/

To the user who's dating Kara Quinteros, why did you not stop your girl from doing something so retarded?

>mentioning /a/ and /f/
>not once she mentions based Veeky Forums
>not browsing Veeky Forums daily

/ourgal/ my ass.
"Normie" purse, lmao.

why didn't kotaku do an actual interview like this? it makes things way more interesting
it also explains why not as much of the text is Veeky Forums specific, she doesn't usually go on Veeky Forums as much as /f/ or /a/ and the idea is more just about anonymity

>mentioning /f/ at all
that's pretty fuckin chill man, /f/ is a great board

Nah she's great, all the cool people left Veeky Forums years ago, all we have left are redittors, I just like to check to see if you guysll get better

check this
Veeky Forums is mentioned multiple times in most of the dresses from the collection.

I'm guessing he meant in the article

this interview quelled my autism about the subject

Yeah me too but I can early see she is an hero

stop shilling your shit here bitch

>12 posters 12 replies, not including the new reply from myself
>implying this thread is one person shilling
also if you don't want threads about this don't bump it retard

i'm talking about you making nonstop threads about this bullshit you roastie cunt

don't call me a roastie cunt you knob lickin cockslobberer
since we're both sage-ing like big boys now the thread will go away, you happy?

She made the didgets on dubs

true. it's on the clothes a few times.

the interview didn't really mention it. it would have been so cool, however.

>it would have been cool to namedrop Veeky Forums on a normie website
Go away!!!

i think it's an error. i think it was Veeky Forums but they split it to /a/ and /f/. seriously it has to be a mistake

What if it was her way of shouting us out while preventing an influx of normies?

OURGALOURGALOURGALOURGAL

Read the article she talks about anime and flash

Yeah but the necklace says Veeky Forums, and also

/m/ is a better board for anime anyway.
Why doesn't she come here and do an ama? I realize most of the comments would be show you tits but this place could use some interaction with a designer.

I mean the interviewer's not wrong.

>normie

I know you don't really want to put "normalfag" on a necklace, but come on.

stop

responding

to shill

threads

you fucking

morons

sage

Whipped some questions out. I want to talk about her work, her collection, herself and Veeky Forums. If you have some more, write them up. If you think some questions need to be altered, say it. I"ll PM her on Facebook and ask her if she wants to do an AMA.

What's the first time you visited this website?
How did you become a fashion designer? Do you feel you have changed?
How do your peers look at your collection and at Veeky Forums?
How important is anonymity to you?
The interviewer from The Verge kept repeating how bad this website is. What do you think of that?
On user said that the clothes featured "very surface level memes" and "the collection as a whole just isn't very appealing, and overall I think it tries way to hard to convey a message, in writing terms, it tells instead of shows. A good collection would have attributes of Veeky Forums but would be hard to tell where the inspiration was drawn from, and thus more open to interpretation." What do you think of that?
Some people, jokingly or not, said that this collection was cultural appropriation. What do you think of that?
You said you mostly visit /a/ and /f/, and not Veeky Forums. If you take a quick look at the catalog.What threads would you want to see more on Veeky Forums?

Maybe some more questions about the environment she is in? How's the pressure and all that?

How did you approach your chosen aesthetic?
How did it develop?
What do you think of fashion as self expression?

Who paid you and are they by chance jewish?

how many fucking threads do we need

Nobody and no.

Cancer

Good god fuck off

Veeky Forums is a normie website

아오야마는 여장 버릇는 교자에공연 외설 혐의로 체포 된이있다.

i need to know what this girl looks like before i decide if i like her or not

go back to your normalfag threads about "w2c sliptongue chucks" you retard
we're actually trying to talk about the collection now

what's there to discuss? it's just tasteful spin on memewear.

it looks okay, but bringing Veeky Forums into real life is always a mistake.
>b-but
ALWAYS

designow.com/design/687 VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE

>needs nearly 4000 votes to get to first place
that's rough, but the nice thing is you probably aren't her shilling since I'm guessing she knows she ain't taking first place at this point

speaking of shilling, I'm guessing the spam of this isn't done by her
the stuff isn't even for sale on her website, so it seems more likely that this is kotaku and the verge stealth-shilling by using the subject matter as a point of controversy to bring in more ad-revenue

I want the user visor and I'm a man

/f/ is definitely the most underrated board.

Doot doola doot doo

Even if every single Veeky Forums user clicked their site right now they would not make enough ad revenue to warrant more shilling

Yeah but they're probably normalfags who have no idea of how little a board/fa/ is

we did it, lads
we were so ironic
we're post meta sincere now

She's a hack. Go back to

Didn't look very hard

Normie bag is pretty GOAT

Hey everyone! One of you PMed me and told me about this thread/possible ama, so I figured I'd do one. I have until around 6pm, then I've got homework to do, so here's a proof pic and then I'll get started with the previous questions!

what boards do you browse the most?

Oh Christ

This is the worst

1. What's the first time you visited this website?: About 2 year ago I think? I’m not entirely sure.
2. How did you become a fashion designer?: I previously went to a performing arts high school which had a costuming department that I mainly took classes in until I realised that I preferred designing my own garments as opposed to designing per. a director’s visions. If you’re talking more specifically about how I acquired a venue, models, etc., it was all through Designow who sponsored it. They chose 25 illustrated collections from a few hundred proposed from students at FIT, Parsons, Pratt, and SVA and then those whose collections were selected were shown at a collective fashion show. I’m a freshman, so this is the first opportunity that I’d had in that aspect.
3. Do you feel you have changed?: Yeah definitely, in terms of my design aesthetic. I used to make really stupidly overcomplicated and serious shit, but honestly after coming to NYC and seeing how many of my peers take fashion so incredibly seriously (and just people in general in NYC), it really made me rethink everything. I’ve since opted to just try and have fun with it because honestly, I don’t think fashion should be taken SO incredibly seriously and should have the potential to be fun. In terms of me as a person, I’m still a stupid weeb.
4. How do your peers look at your collection and at Veeky Forums?: The majority of my peers, or at least all the ones I’ve interacted with about it, have reacted surprisingly positively to it? I say surprisingly because I totally acknowledge how awful it is as a concept haha. A good portion of them despise Veeky Forums, but some of them are okay with it.
5. How important is anonymity to you?: To me personally, not terribly important, though it is fun.

6. The interviewer from The Verge kept repeating how bad this website is. What do you think of that?: I think that they have a perception of it gained from what people mainly know Veeky Forums for (i.e. raids and shit), as opposed to it being a platform that has much more to offer than that haha.
7. On user said that the clothes featured "very surface level memes" and "the collection as a whole just isn't very appealing, and overall I think it tries way to hard to convey a message, in writing terms, it tells instead of shows. A good collection would have attributes of Veeky Forums but would be hard to tell where the inspiration was drawn from, and thus more open to interpretation." What do you think of that?: Everyone’s entitled to their own tastes! Obviously I like the way my collection turned out, but I can also completely understand hating it. I wanted to make it a bit more blatant as to what it was supposed to be, in order for people who aren’t even remotely familiar with Veeky Forums to at least have some concept as to what it was. As for the surface level memes, god I wish I were able to use “Veeky Forumsgs” and shit on my pieces. Unfortunately though, I wasn’t able to because I wasn’t sponsoring my own show. I wouldn’t have been allowed to show anything if I had, since the company sponsoring it wouldn’t allow it.

8. Some people, jokingly or not, said that this collection was cultural appropriation. What do you think of that?: Honestly I’m not gonna lie, as I said in that interview I go on /f/ and /a/, so in regards to it being cultural appropriation as whole of Veeky Forums, I don’t agree. If we’re talking board specific yeah, I don’t come on Veeky Forums a lot mainly because a good portion of it is streetwear related, which is something I’m not incredibly interested in. Personally, I don’t think it is, but w/e.
9. You said you mostly visit /a/ and /f/, and not Veeky Forums. If you take a quick look at the catalog.What threads would you want to see more on Veeky Forums?: I’d love to see more threads looking at fashion as an artform as opposed to just utilitarian (i.e. fashion show pieces vs. streetwear). Though of course that’s personal preference because that’s what I love to do myself.

Favourite current designers?

Biggest influences?

What's a good sewing machine for beginners?

If she gets interviewed by an actual fashion publication it would be great if she shouted us out, we need people who are actually interested in fashion and not just trying to stop dressing like an autist. Nobody talks about new collections or new styles anymore

10. How did you approach your chosen aesthetic? For this specifically, I wanted to try and portray the simplicity of the site through mostly simple silhouettes, as well as using only synthetics to help develop a robotic kind of atmosphere. I also only used text that I found on various threads.
11. How did it develop? It started out as an awful potential meme and ended as an awful real meme.
12. What do you think of fashion as self expression? I agree(?) with that 100%. That’s actually one of the things I love the most about fashion, that it’s an embodying type of artform. I suppose not everyone looks at it from this angle, but it’s the one I do. I think it’s a fantastic way to bring attention to an event or concept that involves human identity and interaction.

this is not reddit you imbecile

13. Yo I WISH I got paid haha. I paid for all of the materials and shit, but in return I got a venue to show it at. A trade off I guess. Also, I'm Latina.

She got asked to by someone from here retard

I want her to namedrop us
We need people who are actually into fashion instead of these goofy ass niggas
All of the threads are shitposting now and not even fashion related shitposting
I'd prefer the non stop Rick owens Raf Simons shitposting to this

y'all asked for an AMA my guy lmao

why did you go for normie and not normalfag?

zzz

Fuck off this thread is more related to fashion than half the threads up right now
Of course people are gonna talk about designers on a fucking FASHION BOARD

What do you think of the influence /pol/ and the election has had on Veeky Forums

WAYWT?

What's your opinion on fake pieces?

When you ascend will call your women's line "qt 3.14", and your men's "manlet"?

fuck, you look like tumblr incarnate. but thanks for caring about Veeky Forums and designing clothes and being creative and such.

Have you felt any hostility from anyone other than this interviewer towards basing it on Veeky Forums?

"y'all"

No, one person wanted to ask questions. The rest of the responses to that person were:

>Who paid you and are they by chance jewish?

>Cancer

>Good god fuck off

>12 streetwear children trying to kill this board even more

Politely vacate your life from your body, desu.

Either way what's wrong with answering the questions? Literally sage and ignore god you people are stupid

14. Moschino because I'm a trashy meme and they're a meme so I have to love them. Also Anna Sui.
15. In terms of designers? Moschino. In terms of outside shit? Unfortunately I have to accredit some of my creative ability to fuckin anime since I'm so into graphics and just, generally weird shit.
16. For beginners? I'd say a domestic Brother machine. If you don't plan on doing a lot, a normal, non-computerized domestic will do. If you want one that will last you fuckin forever, find one that's mostly metal. Unfortunately modern-day singers are shit and mostly plastic, hence why they break so easily, but the old 100% metal ones are fucking BEASTS

17. As I said before, I honest to god wish I could have, but the sponsors of the show itself wouldn't let me do it.

18. I stay far away from /pol/ lmao. That said, since I go to an art school in NYC you can probably guess what I think of it.

Do you think there's a solution to all the /pol/ shitposting on Veeky Forums
I'm as progressive as they come but I love jokingly using sluts and that's why I love Veeky Forums because even if someone saying some crazy shit it would safe to assume they aren't actually racist but now it's not like that

>solution

i'm not even /pol/ but maybe you should try out reddit bud

Woah there, nigga. I think that needs some punctuation before someone can answer that.

Fuck you and your normie punctuation

19. Just a horrendously over-sized Lazy Oaf dress. I was gonna wear something better to work but the weather in NYC keeps fluctuating between cold and hot and this is the only really good outfit I have for that.
20. While I'm not super into them because the quality of them usually really shitty and honestly in some cases it does make sense to just save up and buy expensive shit for the quality, I think it's totally justifiable in the case of things like Birkins since you KNOW the reason they cost so much isn't because of the quality.
21. Stop

Damn, didn't know I give off that headmates and otherkin kind of vibe. Rough. Thanks though haha

>you can probably guess what I think of it.

not much because you likely don't know right wing politics enough and because you haven't taken the redpill yet.

it's fine, whatever. but I guess your style might still change as time goes by. it's good to experiment and I see you're doing that a lot right now.

22. No yeah I totally agree man, spot on. Honestly, I have no idea. What I think it more interesting (and in a way concerning) is the fact that god damned, politicians are shitposting real life. That's kind of why I decided to do the collection, to actually explore anonymity and how the supposed safety it provided isn't there in real life, yet people are still starting to go mainstream with it.

Aw thanks. I'm actually considering changing my whole hair situation to try and fix some of the cringe I give off, considering the fact that so many people think I'm some sort of die-hard melanie martinez fan. If i do change it, what color should I go with? Bleach is painful so I'm leaning towards my natural color but I'm open to ideas.

Boy I grew up having to go to a mormon church and every bit of politics that went with it. I know a good amount haha.

>people are shitposting irl like they're anonymous
>tripfags are removing the anonymity from Veeky Forums

:thinkingface:

my boy, u think i want to post proof pics with every response?

He probably just meant in general, it happens a bunch on other boards too

just gotta respond to this, trust me he tried.

I was just pointing out an ambiguous correlation for the /x/philes. No need to get your baskets in a bunch, friendo.

heck sorry my dude aaaa

How do you get into fashion? Like the Industry
I know I can't model because I'm too short for that and the closet I ever gotten was making some T-shirts that I gave to some friends. It seems like so much fun but I'm stuck in a shitty suburb and the "fashion" kids at my school wear yeezys, Louis Vuitton bags, and vans with flower patches

You should go natural if you don't wanna bleach
Or you could just bleach the tips. Just stay away from some obviously Tumblr looking shit

This
Unnatural colors scream sjw. I dont think particular patterns matter.

23. It is by far one of the roughest things to get into. Unfortunately, as much as everyone tries to deny it, connections are the main way. Aside from that, you need to do absolutely EVERYTHING in your power to peruse it. You have to actually go out and find opportunities, not wait for them to come to you. Every single thing I've done thus far has been because I've actively sought out opportunities. You need to actually reach out to people and just be like, "Hey, here's my shit. I think it's good, if it peaks your interest, it's here. Thanks". That's one of the only ways anyone will ever know you exist. All in all, you've got to live by the wise words of Michael Scott: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Wayne Gretzky". Also, @ the fashion you mentioned, that sounds awful and I'm sorry.

You are cute!
What are you gonna do if/when the fame hits you?
Veeky Forums is a massive website with different people. Are you planning to do more designs?

Why didn't you lurk moar before creating this line? It's obvious you don't know anything about anything here, and was just making stuff up off the top of your head instead of something we could better resonate with. Were you in a rush?