Watch Thread General

Watch Thread General

>Stop asking for a cheap watch and just buy a Seiko 5 already edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DnCOrzJOZZA
ebay.com/itm/POLJOT-MOSKOW-cal-3105-Mechanical-watches-SERVISED-/182046920177?hash=item2a62d78df1:g:lvkAAOSwwpdW3cEp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cerakote a black orient mako flat dark earth edition you poorfuck

One of mine

>cashmerenoose.png

You know we didn't have generals in 2009 so I'm not sure why we need them nowhere

You know the whole general echo chamber that hinders discussion many anons questions go completely ignored

All I wanna say is general threads don't really care about us

Should I cop this?
Ive always wanted a black watch that would go well with formal but i can also wear is most days

Had to take a new photo, the SMP i bought for my 31st birthday.

There is nothing wrong with that brand for that price, I'd consider a hamilton jazzmaster to be an upgrade if you want to spend more.

>6 month waiting list

THEY'RE IGNORING ME!

Could someone explain the appeal of the smaller analog clocks inside the clockface?
Is it just style/taste or does anyone actually use them for a purpose

Are you referring to small seconds or chronographs?

mostly chronographs

Big swiss have public said that most people who buy chronos don't ever use the function

The most recent example is Tudors new chrono that uses a Breitling movement.

I rarely use mine but they're nice to toy around with if you have literally nothing better to do I suppose.

at least align the bezel before photographing it, you neanderthal.

Why reset a bezel after using it? It's as likely to be near where I need it to be the next time I use it where it is now as it is at 12.

You're cranking your bezel more than you need to. Just leave it alone until it's time to time something again.

soon copping the yellow meme watch

honestly, seiko 5's are probably the best cheap watches out there for people that want reliable, good looking watches that can go on various straps.

from the snk809 to the snzh55 and snkk48k1, you can go more formal, more casual or stay in the middle.

aside from them, there are also the various swatch system 51's and invicta pro diver's, and even some casios if really on a budget.

or, if you actually love watches, vintage!

looking for a 19mm 2-piece leather band for a vintage seiko. usually go with crown & buckle, but they don't offer a 19mm. anyone know of some alternative brands?

>in b4 just use a 18mm band
>in b4 just shave down a 20mm band

19mm straps exist. dude, you can literally find them on amazon by random brands.

brands I saw: Tstrap, Beauty7, Marburger, Minott, RIOS1931.

however, those are from german amazon. keep that in mind.

Didn't get much of an answer last thread, so I'm asking again if that's okay. TIA

i know they exist, was just wondering if anyone knew of one that sells quality leather 19mm bands in different styles/finishes like crown&buckle does. i'll just end up buying an official seiko band on ebay if not, cuz i'm not really interested in random amazon sellers.

I always find it funny how some people don't even mention that at first.

>I need a watch strap
>posts suggestions
>b-but I actually need HIGH QUALITY watch straps

you're better off with official Seiko then since you apparently don't mind paying a shitload for a watch strap.

alright autismo, thanks for your impressive amazon.com suggestion. i'm sorry you weren't clued in that i wasn't looking for shit-tier upon my mentioning c&b. i'm going with hirsch. have a nice thread.

different user here
sorry to burst your bubble but it seems like you havent realized that crown and buckle''s straps are some chinese straps from aliexpress so are ones from amazon so please
just look it up yourself

nice watch. Don't mind the autos.

got one of these on full time. going to get leather bands to wear when im not working out.

what is this?
wouldnt it look ridiculous with a leather strap?

isn't this a fucking normie watch?
I also don't see how a leather strap would fit.
you're better off with a silicone strap in any case.

That combanation of numbers looks weird

hideous. looks like a medical device or a criminal tracking bracelet.

my first real watch

Ive always liked the octagonal watch face shape of the audemars, anyone know where i can get a watch with a similar style seeing as i dont have $$$$$$

Just spent all my money on this badass
it's more an investment really

What makes you think it will go up in value? Doesn't seem likely to me.

nah, an investment is something you think might return value to you someday. your transaction is called a "purchase".

dont kid yourself...

you bought it because you like, just enjoy it for what it is

>digital watch
>investment
Please stop trolling.

ecodrive is my everyday and the babyg is a beater for hiking/biking.

i need to replace the strap on the eco drive. any suggestions on decent quality black dress straps? i'm thinking of going for hirsch. the hadley roma on it right now is getting rekt.

You played yourself

is this bait? my gran wears baby-g
also citizen is a big beacon that says "i have basic taste but can't afford quality"

yep you just got master baited

>disposable technology with a 2 year lifespan max
>investment
KEK
E
K

Hahahahahahaha you tryhard poorfag

team /slav/ checking in,

cost me $50 including shipping

They do that on fakes to hide the fact that the bezel insert is usually mis-aligned

Any reccs for a discreet, cheap watch w/ 100m water resistance? I wish the Bin Laden-approved Casios were 100m resistant

I don't know if you want digital or analog but check out Lorus watches. they are a daughther-brand of Seiko.

most come with 100m WR. I own two of them and they are really reliable because Seiko.

pic related is Model Nr. RS971CX9.
most of them only cost up to 50 Eurobucks.

That's not a fake you tit.

youtube.com/watch?v=DnCOrzJOZZA

or this one. looks really nice. I'd even get one myself.

RXN17BX9

Cool. Much appreciated, bud

aight, welcome.

>all these analog queers and I'm just shitting here like

what is the model ?

nice, 5600s are the best looking ones

poljot moscow,

here's one on sale right now

ebay.com/itm/POLJOT-MOSKOW-cal-3105-Mechanical-watches-SERVISED-/182046920177?hash=item2a62d78df1:g:lvkAAOSwwpdW3cEp

over the top bait and yet...
hooked em ha ha ha ha ha

Anyone here know what this would be worth? Tried looking around but couldn't find it

Omega Constellation

if you feel the need to track have a little computer track your movement, just get a chronos. it is just a button that fits beneath a normal person's watch. it doesn't make you look like you escaped from a 24th century slave auction.

fake

Your phone already counts steps and the heart rate tracker isn't even reliable when you're working out (the only time it matters). These are literally only to signal a "fitness lifestyle" to normies but even that fails because only fatties and dyels wear them.

This is fucking sick dude. Anyone who needs to buy a watch for under $100 be looking at Russian stuff on ebay.

Best g-shock for sure

god that's hideous.

it may well be their most repulsive design yet, and that's saying something.

quite so, and yet these rascals are pining at the bit to spend thousands on one. because nomos.

Hi Tia, is that a Marathon GSAR? If so, great watch. Wonderful for law enforcement and tactical military uses (although far too shiny/luminous for spec ops).

What's the question?

Just got this today

Hey I have that same one

Slav watches are best watches
I like the Kommandirskie best without the chrome. Probably should have opted for the Amphibia though.

Mine died last week.

Wore it pretty heavily for 3 years so I guess thats reasonable.
Still bummed though.

wtf is tht its beautiful

Can anyone id the watch from Paterson?

w2c this slim version

classy

I'm sorry just wondering if anyone can identify the watch. Looks very nice but I'm not proficient with watches. Also sorry for the blurry pics.

CHEERS
-R

Hmmm what outfit would this match

anyone know what this is?

Looks like a Seiko SKX to me

Pretty sure it's a watch.

what brand dingus

Hamilton. What does it matter if you're clearly blind?

No, the crown on a skx isn't in the middle.

Looks like gay.

>>>/tumblr/

I'm going to buy my first watch ever today at the local jeweler
anything I should know?
I remember seeing a lot of watches from armani,casio and skagen (or somethin like that)
are these any good

>Armani
no
>Casio
Sure, but don't spend much, because they're just quartz watches
>Skagen
No

Casio MDV then I think

r8 pls

I like it very much. 7.85/10

Is there a non-meme version of this?

Really nice, which model is that?

Gee goys thx
Jacques Lemans Pilot 1-1914B
The case is black matte

What meme is this

steinhart?

Seiko Chariot or something.
A $999 meme because apparently some AIDS ridden homo used to wear it 30 years ago.

Tbh I think Steve was straighter that most of us

Literally $45 watch w/ $20 nato bond (not my photo). Also got a stainless steel band for it.

Good enough to join the Veeky Forumsutistic watch club?