Question guys

Question guys,

Do I think to highly of myself?

I have been applying at various restaurants lately because I want to be a server to make fairly decent money until I figure out which direction I want to go with my life. I have a few years under my belt of marketing and customer service experience, and I know I am very good at working with people and understanding them. My personality is strong, confident, caring, empathetic and the list goes on.

Basically I am over qualified to be a server, when I go to the interviews, you would think I am applying to a large scale corporate job. My interviewing skills are phoenominal, I am well dressed and I carry myself with confidence.

Now I feel like this can intimidate employers because they see me as sort of a threat to their jobs, that is, unless the restaurant owner interviews me.

I keep turning down positions because It almost is as if I am interviewing them. Is this the wrong mentality to have? I am looking for a place where I would be comfortable and confident in working at so I can make the most money for my time spent, and in turn, increase revenue for their business.

An example of a question I was asked, and my answer shocked and I believe intimidated the one interviewing me.

"Why do you think you would be a good server at O'charleys?"

>Normie Answer
Uhhh, I would be a good people person

>My answer
The jobs I have had so far have all been customer service based, and I believe I could bring a unique perspective to this company that would help create a vast portion of revenue for the both of us.

If you are applying for jobs at O'Charley's, then you don't think much of yourself at all. Also, you didn't take the time to Google all the big complicated words you misspelled, like phenomenal, O'Charley's, and too, so you may be misleading yourself about who the idiot is in your interviews.

>applying for work in a fucking restaurant
>having any self respect

Also you need to be 18 to post here.

Its a server job, dude. Ease off the special snowflake routine. If you were really as good as you think you are, you wouldnt be in this terrible position to begin with.

>vast portion of revenue
He didnt fall off his seat laughing? I would have hired you for your great sense of humor until I figured out you were dead serious. Then the interview would have just been awkward.

Have I been rused?

Your answer to this question is why you don't have a job yet, shit stain. They don't need you to bring a unique perspective to the company. They need you to write things down and pass them along without pissing off their customers.

>I believe I could bring a unique perspective to this company that would help create a vast portion of revenue for the both of us

You're killing me. Even if you really could, they're looking for a server. Tailor your answer to what they want to hear you fucking autist.

>what are basics of life 101
>why does nobody like me
>it must be because I'm too smart, durrr

Oh I didnt know this was a job interview. This is a image board. I dont have to spell things correctly to impress nobody's like you. Fuck off cunt

Coming from a server, don't try so hard. If you are good, managers don't look at you as a threat. They look at you as someone dependable who will carry the weight of the retards/drug addicts.

I live in a resort area and you can make enough money during spring break/summer to not even need a job in the fall/winter. Serving is the dumbest, easiest money I've ever made.

Not just a server job, you can think fedora all you want but having someone good with customers can in turn generate more revenue.

Thanks for the input man, what kind of restaurant are you at? I am turning down the o'charley's job and looking for a classier place more suited to what I can offer.

Also, judging by your pretentious and pompous attitude, your coworkers will hate you which will affect you very negatively in a team based environment.

Just to that cunt, im not pretentious at all

Not in any sort of meaningful way it can't. You may get a larger tip which does fuck all for their bottom line. You didn't come up with a way to reduce food waste or increase the average check.

You interviewed for jobs as a waiter, then rambled about increasing revenues during the interview. Literally show up in a white shirt, black pants, and decent shoes and you'll be hired. You're not tailoring your presentation to the audience. If you can't pick up on norms or social cues like that, odds are you'll be a shit server. And that's before we broach the surface of "increase revenues."

Do whatever you want, user, but your current path is pretty counterproductive to your endgame.

Well i appreciate the input. I suppose I can tone it down a little bit, but Im just used to being on my top game. I could probably pull a corporate job pretty easily with my credentials

I call people on their shit for a living, so this is probably going to hit close to home.

>I suppose I can tone it down a little bit, but Im just used to being on my top game.
No. You're not. This is pretty much a character to you, and it's a caricature of what you believe a successful person acts like. The swagger you're strutting around with is undeserved, and anybody in a position to give you a job that might change your station in life can smell it on you. You're not used to "being on your top game" because you have nowhere to be on it at. You're unemployed. You're used to playing a part to bolster your self-worth.

>I could probably pull a corporate job pretty easily with my credentials
Then go do that. There is literally no reason you shouldn't have. But the fact that you believe a "corporate job" is a prestigious title shows a dearth of workforce experience or a lack of education. I work for a corporation, so does the janitor.

The sooner you humble yourself, the better off you'll be. Confidence is good, but narcissism and grandiosity aren't.

I work in a seafood restaurant. Pretty much every restaurant will just make you reevaluate your life because it's so piss easy. If you're looking for a fine-dining restaurant that might actually be a little harder to jump into without experience. There are actual proper manners and things to learn, mostly wines.

>You didn't come up with a way to reduce food waste or increase the average check.
The power of suggestion goes a long way, especially in a restaurant. Telling people about the more expensive dishes, desserts, or drinks can easily influence customers to buy them. As opposed to just letting them decide on fried chicken/cheeseburger and a bud light.

>Telling people about the more expensive dishes, desserts, or drinks can easily influence customers to buy them. As opposed to just letting them decide on fried chicken/cheeseburger and a bud light
I'm aware. I've coached servers on how to increase tips. But unless you're making a concerted effort with management to steer patrons towards high margin items and maintaining a high conversion rate, this is so negligible that it may as well be a nonentity. And there's a solid chance that a Bud Light and some chicken is better for the bottom line than the sea bass and glass of vintage. Both in terms of stocking costs and table turnover.

Simply just letting the customer know about the extra add-ons will increase revenue immensely. I've done it at my restaurant, you should do it at your next one. It wasn't negligible at all.

Fair point, but I can't see it being negligible. There are a lot of items that are offered just because people will expect them and want them. But selling a mixed drink for $3.99 which is a shot and some soda, soda is basically 98% profit and the whole bottle of a wholesale liquor is $3.50.

Granted this is a cherry pick, it's still a good example.

You just made me realize I know more about the alcohol profit margins than I do food costs. Thanks for flaring up my autism and now I'm going to have to start looking at invoices 4 days a week.

Yeah I keep getting opportunities like this, but they are at joints that arent so good imo. Like wafflehouse and now O'charlys. I just basically wanted something where they have more business so I can make the most tips you know what I mean? So I was looking into cracker barrell and this one steak house by me. Do you think thats a good idea?

you posted a pic of a guy in a suit on a thread about how you're looking for a job as a waiter

yeah, you think too highly of yourself

what are your actual previous jobs?

you're not overqualifed and, besides thinking you can contribute anything to their revenue, good answers aren't uncommon

lie on your resume that you are currently a server for ocharleys. you've been in that position for 6 months. you like your co-workers but you're not a fan of the restaurant itself & you're looking for something better

*too
stopped reading there, illiterate faggot pls get aids

Hey you didnt put a period after your sentence, You also didnt capitalize the first letter of the sentence. Just letting you know!!

I've done a lot of marketing stuff, few years of experience selling shit like that. Also was a responsible for managerial duties at a gym. I've been everywhere

I just don't want to be a wage-slave is all. That is why im going into this position, so I can make a good amount of money so I can figure out what to do with my life, unless I stay here and eventually run the restaurant I work at

omg u r a cunt m8

Everyone is a slave to something, bro.

Wanna say how or just shitpost?
That may be true, but I don't want to be a conformist like lifers at walmart or sam's club. They are drones/slaves and you know it

Almost everything about your OP begs to differ.

Not when youre applying to a job. If you are hiring someone, you would want someone overqualified rather than underqualified. If that makes me seem like a cunt then so be it. At the end of the day, there are plenty of other restaurants asking me for interviews on the weekly.

>i am the most desired server in my county!
Kek

Not my fault if I frequently get job offers, that is why I take my time and eventually I will pick one that I think is best suited for me.

Is it really considered a job offer if its not a real job?

Thats an opinion.

is this a troll thead?

Based af.

Is this another example of someone mindlessly calling others "trolls" without understand the material?

Why the hell are you overthinking this? You're applying to be a fucking waiter. It's not difficult to write down orders and remember them, it's not an interview with Thomas Rutledge to be an executive of Charter. You're applying for a position that's probably the most expendable job choice on the planet.

Why don't you take your thick skull out of your ass and take your pick at any serving job that you seem to be flooded with and stop being such a pretentious prick.

To answer your question, yes. You think way too highly of yourself considering your current position at the moment. If you were applying to a corporate job it'd be more appropriate, but good god it's a server job. Temporary. This is an entry level job that anybody who has at least all 4 limbs should have no trouble getting hired.

Also,
>intimidate employers
m8 nobody is going to be intimidated by some cunt in a suit with his chin up high. If anything they're laughing about you right now for taking a job of that caliber so seriously.

Yeah I am sure they totally laugh at intelligence and people that are over qualified for the position. I am sure that is SO funny.